Getbig Bodybuilding, Figure and Fitness Forums
July 28, 2014, 03:23:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happy Tax day: $100K-Plus Earners Pay 72% of Federal Income Taxes  (Read 2711 times)
James28
Getbig IV

toilet roll of peace

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 05:37:36 PM »

The United States of Halliburton can suck my mother fucking dick.

Sounds expensive.

I earn far over 100k here in NZ and I pay 33% .. I think. Well that's what the government website claims.

Actually, thinking about it now. I better fucking go and check my pay slip.
Report to moderator   Logged

oldgolds
Getbig II

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 05:45:15 PM »

And in New Mexico the Republican Governor just issued an executive order making it illegal to use welfare debit cards to withdraw cash in liqueur stores and strip joints. A similar bill was just voted down by the Democratic state majority. I shit you not....
Rosicrucian
Time Out
Getbig III

Brown paper bags + Bathroom stall + Tom Prince.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 05:46:25 PM »

Nah... Even in the Suburban LA area, if you make 100K you are doing alright.

I mean, you're not rich, but you're getting by just fine.

Now NYC... especially Manhattan... Yeah... That's a struggle, and of course if you're trying to live in Beverly Hills or something, but you're not doing too badly in 99.99% of the places in America.

Exactly... when I'm looking for common sense, I look for tu_'s posts.

I like how every other poster on here spits on 100-150k lol... of course they're all in the mil club.

A majority of people lie about their income;

A) they're embarrassed.
B) they're embarrassed. The 1%er bullshit created that mentality (not of peace)

Reality is, regardless of where you live, if you can afford to have the wife stay at home, own that said home and aren't living paycheck to paycheck AND posting on getbig, you're doing just fine.

Life is a balance. know your equilibrium.
James28
Getbig IV

toilet roll of peace

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 05:53:58 PM »

Exactly... when I'm looking for common sense, I look for tu_'s posts.

I like how every other poster on here spits on 100-150k lol... of course they're all in the mil club.

A majority of people lie about their income;

A) they're embarrassed.
B) they're embarrassed. The 1%er bullshit created that mentality (not of peace)

Reality is, regardless of where you live, if you can afford to have the wife stay at home, own that said home and aren't living paycheck to paycheck AND posting on getbig, you're doing just fine.

Life is a balance. know your equilibrium.

Earn 100k a year where I am, with a wife and kid at home and let me know how you get on.

At least the noodles you'll be dining on have a decent amount of carbs  Cool

Rosicrucian
Time Out
Getbig III

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 06:00:22 PM »

Earn 100k a year where I am, with a wife and kid at home and let me know how you get on.

At least the noodles you'll be dining on have a decent amount of carbs  Cool

Which metro area do you live in James?

I guess it's easy for me to say but I would sacrifice a lot to make sure my kids have a solid environment and aren't raised by daycare strangers. Kinda stuff you can't buyback later. (no chromohomo)
jephrius
Getbig III

Pay Day

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 06:34:50 PM »

Those of you who don't understand what money is don't know how to shelter it or invest it. Thus you pay taxes through the nose. If you are indeed making 100k or more (which you're not) you should have your wealth managed.
Rosicrucian
Time Out
Getbig III

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 06:40:04 PM »

Those of you who don't understand what money is don't know how to shelter it or invest it. Thus you pay taxes through the nose. If you are indeed making 100k or more (which you're not) you should have your wealth managed.

You sound like quite the Wolverine of WallStreet looking down on "us".

Carebear to share some "tricks" with us Gordon Gayko>?
cephissus
Getbig V

Team Free A-Halo, Servant of Lord Jehova God

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 06:46:42 PM »

Middle class? My friend, on 90k I wouldn't even be able to look after my dog if it was just me and him. To be the SOLE breadwinner for a family of 4, pay all the bills and buy food, live in a nice area away from human garbage, run 2 cars and go on holiday once or twice a year you're looking at 150-200 MINIMUM. Between the girlfriend and myself we're hitting around 230 a year. And believe me, we don't live it up.

Roll Eyes

money management of peace
The Ugly
Getbig V

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 06:53:38 PM »

Nah... Even in the Suburban LA area, if you make 100K you are doing alright.

I mean, you're not rich, but you're getting by just fine.

Now NYC... especially Manhattan... Yeah... That's a struggle, and of course if you're trying to live in Beverly Hills or something, but you're not doing too badly in 99.99% of the places in America.

Don't see you around here much anymore. Do you still post on MD?
Mick33
Getbig III

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 07:03:41 PM »

Which metro area do you live in James?

I guess it's easy for me to say but I would sacrifice a lot to make sure my kids have a solid environment and aren't raised by daycare strangers. Kinda stuff you can't buyback later. (no chromohomo)

I would like to know this answer as well.
Rosicrucian
Time Out
Getbig III

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 07:12:22 PM »

Middle class? My friend, on 90k I wouldn't even be able to look after my dog if it was just me and him. To be the SOLE breadwinner for a family of 4, pay all the bills and buy food, live in a nice area away from human garbage, run 2 cars and go on holiday once or twice a year you're looking at 150-200 MINIMUM. Between the girlfriend and myself we're hitting around 230 a year. And believe me, we don't live it up.

LOLOLOLOL.. of course you are... no offense chief but unless you live downtown NYC or SFO, have a massive coke habit, it's mathematically impossible to not have decent disposable at 230k. 
gcb
Getbig IV

you suffer, why?

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2014, 07:18:20 PM »

man - some of you people seriously lack comprehension skills - it says that 72% of tax comes from 100K+ NOT that people on 100K+ are paying 72%.
James28
Getbig IV

toilet roll of peace

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2014, 07:22:18 PM »

LOLOLOLOL.. of course you are... no offense chief but unless you live downtown NYC or SFO, have a massive coke habit, it's mathematically impossible to not have decent disposable at 230k. 

Haha. That made me chuckle.  Grin

What do you know about my expenses 'chief'  Tongue

James28
Getbig IV

toilet roll of peace

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2014, 07:23:15 PM »

man - some of you people seriously lack comprehension skills - it says that 72% of tax comes from 100K+ NOT that people on 100K+ are paying 72%.

No shit. Obviously we know that.

I believe our dear OP also once made a post asking in seriousness whether people in Denmark paid 150% tax  Undecided

James28
Getbig IV

toilet roll of peace

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2014, 07:30:28 PM »

Oh and before people pounce, we're saving as the girlfriend want to get married and have a baby soon, giving up work in the process. So we're squirreling away like mad. Once her income is out of the equation, we go down to being very middle class again. In a city where the house prices are at historic highs along with historic shortage (Christchurch NZ). And here's the kicker, we're still renting. I still need to buy (though I still have my place in the UK). So I guess I have no reason being out there every night snorting coke off hookers' tits. I just like wasting away the odd few hundred at the slot machines  Cool  

James28
Getbig IV

toilet roll of peace

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2014, 07:33:58 PM »

Brutal thinking a 100k is a lot of money in 2014 (unless living in Anus, Idaho). Epic not realizing that plumbers and electricians earn that. Mega thinking that you're going to turn up at Goldman Sachs with your 4-6k a month take-home salary and think you're going to get face time with a 'wealth manager'.  Undecided

WalterWhite
Competitors
Getbig IV

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2014, 07:39:05 PM »

What really sucks is when you pay well over 100k in income taxes, pay quarterly taxes and still get audited!
James28
Getbig IV

toilet roll of peace

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2014, 07:45:25 PM »

What really sucks is when you pay well over 100k in income taxes, pay quarterly taxes and still get audited!

Then you must be on a decent screw. Back in the UK I heard from a 'revenue inspector' that unless you're earning more than 250k a year, they're hardly interest in you.

Rosicrucian
Time Out
Getbig III

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2014, 07:45:31 PM »

Haha. That made me chuckle.  Grin

What do you know about my expenses 'chief'  Tongue

Hey no harm intended, colonel Sargent. .. ppl tend to lie a lot about their income and hurtfully believe it.

More power to you. The American way, be happy about a brother's prosperity. Quite different from euros.

Question remains... what's the average household income in your neck of the woods?
Irongrip400
Getbig V

Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2014, 07:45:55 PM »

I pay quarterly estimates. I had a good year this year and have to pay an additional $19,367. Brutal ownage on the part of the IRS.  Undecided
Roger Bacon
Getbig V

Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2014, 07:47:07 PM »

I pay quarterly estimates. I had a good year this year and have to pay an additional $19,367. Brutal ownage on the part of the IRS.  Undecided

A lot of Obama voters are depending on you!

James28
Getbig IV

toilet roll of peace

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2014, 07:52:40 PM »

Hey no harm intended, colonel Sargent. .. ppl tend to lie a lot about their income and hurtfully believe it.

More power to you. The American way, be happy about a brother's prosperity. Quite different from euros.

Question remains... what's the average household income in your neck of the woods?

Funny you should ask. Read yesterday that's it's around 74k, but that might be a bit low. Read here, taking into a account it's 2013 figures. Heaps and heaps of jobs available here so employers can't take the piss. So at 74k and mom and dad both works. The maths = easy.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/8144749/Christchurch-wages-show-big-increase

Remember, this is NZ Dollar so not sure how it compares to Yank $$$. I don't know the average country wide. All I know is that I'm getting gouged HARD on rent and food prices are very dear. I only came here as I got a good offer. Otherwise I'd be in your neck of the woods or Oz. Or Canada.

To be brutally honest, it's all earthquake money. Had that not happened I'd still be in London slaving for peanuts.

ESFitness
Getbig V

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 15, 2014, 07:59:04 PM »

except cars over a million dollars  Huh Huh

but according to you, you need to be a 'millionaire' (do you even know what a 'millionaire' is? lol) to drive an S-Class Mercedes.

lol

you can have a garage with an 09 S63, a 997 C4S, a 360 Modena, for just over $150k the first two less than 45k miles and the Ferrari less than 25k.

that's only $30k out of pocket if you only put down 20%.

maybe if you quit spending your sons money on your black crack hookers you too, could drive an S550.
Rosicrucian
Time Out
Getbig III

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2014, 08:01:20 PM »

Funny you should ask. Read yesterday that's it's around 74k, but that might be a bit low. Read here, taking into a account it's 2013 figures. Heaps and heaps of jobs available here so employers can't take the piss. So at 74k and mom and dad both works. The maths = easy.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/news/8144749/Christchurch-wages-show-big-increase

Remember, this is NZ Dollar so not sure how it compares to Yank $$$. I don't know the average country wide. All I know is that I'm getting gouged HARD on rent and food prices are very dear. I only came here as I got a good offer. Otherwise I'd be in your neck of the woods or Oz. Or Canada.

To be brutally honest, it's all earthquake money. Had that not happened I'd still be in London slaving for peanuts.

Well thanks for your honesty james. Hope you prosper and enjoy llife. Word of advice, lavish weddies sound cool on paper but buy a house instead Smiley. Ownership ♢ liberation.
James28
Getbig IV

toilet roll of peace

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2014, 08:02:55 PM »

but according to you, you need to be a 'millionaire' (do you even know what a 'millionaire' is? lol) to drive an S-Class Mercedes.

lol

you can have a garage with an 09 S63, a 997 C4S, a 360 Modena, for just over $150k the first two less than 45k miles and the Ferrari less than 25k.

that's only $30k out of pocket if you only put down 20%.

maybe if you quit spending your sons money on your black crack hookers you too, could drive an S550.

I think a lot of us talk about buying a car outright and not make expensive payments every month where you get bent over a barrel with interest payments. I'd rather wait until I've saved the money before buying the car.

Come to think of it, it's probably why I've always driven shit cars.

Not that cars matter all the much to me  Undecided

Bugatti's are nice though.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Theme created by Egad Community. Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!