Author Topic: Calgary Mass Murder  (Read 4590 times)

Rosicrucian

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Brown paper bags + Bathroom stall + Tom Prince.
Re: Calgary Mass Murder
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2014, 09:12:36 PM »
Did his hockey team miss the playoffs ???

Roughridders vs roughRidders Southpark style?  ???

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2014, 09:12:59 PM »
I live in Calgary.  For a City with over a million people, our homicide rate is pretty low.   We had 21 homicides for the year in 2013, which was much higher than normal.   5 murders in one day is absolutely unheard of. 

where do you train?

ismoseppo

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2014, 09:24:39 PM »
where do you train?

look at you pluggin memberships online,....shes got you trained good  :D

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2014, 09:29:55 PM »
look at you pluggin memberships online,....shes got you trained good  :D

no no, I'm looking for somewhere for me to train!! ;D

ismoseppo

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2014, 09:34:04 PM »
no no, I'm looking for somewhere for me to train!! ;D

lololol

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2014, 09:36:14 PM »
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/suspect-in-worst-mass-murder-in-calgary-s-history-is-veteran-police-officer-s-son-1.1776541

is a cops kid, wasnt drunk or high, just walked into a party he was invited to and stabbed 5 people to death. Lots of knife related killings lately. This is all the way mental illness Im betting. When I was at my absolute lowlowlow worst, I heard voices all the time telling me to rob this certain bank or just walk up to random people and smash them with a bottle. People say its so horrible when people kill due to mental illness, but until you experience the voices once you will never know.

For some reason, your post reminded me of this song.

thulsaDOOM210

• Getbig III
  • Enlightenment is my DOOM
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2014, 09:53:02 PM »
haha no
i still get super strong voices at night where its like an actual family sitting around a dinner table talking about their day. Full subject matter and everything. I dont try and stop it or change it, I just listen to it, some very interesting stuff.

Hey man a second, third or fourth opinion can sometime prove invaluable. Shit,you even skip over the having to ask anyone that just doesn't get it part. Think about it....cut out the middle man. Plus.  ;)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2014, 10:39:31 PM »
if more concerned citizens carried weapons, people would think twice before going on these little rampages/tantrums.

how often do you hear about people walking into a police station and stabbing a bunch of cops? not very often? I wonder why? maybe because they realize the risk of being shot by at least ONE person rather quickly, is pretty likely.

... or an NRA rally/convention.

... or a US Border.

ect...

I always thought it was odd that there wouldn't be shootings or attempted shootings in police stations...There are over 40,000 suicides a year in America and we never hear about someone going and at least trying to take out the police. I'd almost venture to guess that it probably happens that attempts are made on places like this but are kept out of the Hierarchy's news feed...

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2014, 10:55:22 PM »
I always thought it was odd that there wouldn't be shootings or attempted shootings in police stations...There are over 40,000 suicides a year in America and we never hear about someone going and at least trying to take out the police. I'd almost venture to guess that it probably happens that attempts are made on places like this but are kept out of the Hierarchy's news feed...

The Hierarchy, of course.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2014, 11:07:56 PM »
i like Megadeth so watch out

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2014, 11:08:10 PM »
http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/suspect-in-worst-mass-murder-in-calgary-s-history-is-veteran-police-officer-s-son-1.1776541

is a cops kid, wasnt drunk or high, just walked into a party he was invited to and stabbed 5 people to death. Lots of knife related killings lately. This is all the way mental illness Im betting. When I was at my absolute lowlowlow worst, I heard voices all the time telling me to rob this certain bank or just walk up to random people and smash them with a bottle. People say its so horrible when people kill due to mental illness, but until you experience the voices once you will never know.

What mental illness were you diagnosed with? That isn't BPD.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2014, 11:09:57 PM »
What mental illness were you diagnosed with? That isn't BPD.

BPD stands for Borderline Personality Disorder? Or are you referring to Bipolar Disorder.

And yes, you can have Bipolar Disorder with Psychotic Features. He may just be discussing the psychotic features. He may have had other symptoms of bipolar.
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2014, 11:16:06 PM »

BPD stands for Borderline Personality Disorder? Or are you referring to Bipolar Disorder.

And yes, you can have Bipolar Disorder with Psychotic Features. He may just be discussing the psychotic features. He may have had other symptoms of bipolar.

According to BPD Central it is possible to have BPD with other mental disorders such as depression.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2014, 11:17:39 PM »
According to BPD Central it is possible to have BPD with other mental disorders such as depression.

Are you talking about Bipolar or Borderline Personality Disorder?

Okay, great, but my post was indicating that bipolar has features of psychoticism. I was addressing this when you said it does not sound like BPD because of the psychotic features.
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2014, 11:31:33 PM »

Are you talking about Bipolar or Borderline Personality Disorder?

Okay, great, but my post was indicating that bipolar has features of psychoticism. I was addressing this when you said it does not sound like BPD because of the psychotic features.

I thought I knew the 9 symptoms of BPD. If you have 5 to a marked degree you might have the disorder. Not sure if any hear voices. That is something more severe.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2014, 11:37:22 PM »
I thought I knew the 9 symptoms of BPD. If you have 5 to a marked degree you might have the disorder. Not sure if any hear voices. That is something more severe.

Many diagnoses in the DSM-IV-TR have qualifiers attached to them. You can have Bipolar Disorder with a qualifier, which may or may not include psychotic features ( and yes, people with bipolar disorder can hear voices). Plus, there are 2 types of Bipolar Disorder: Bipolar 1 and Bipolar 2. Even if they hear voices it can STILL be Bipolar Disorder. Its just consider Bipolar 1, severe with psychotic features. Psychotic features may include auditory or visual hallucinations. Psychotic features is not a "core" symptom of Bipolar and you can still be diagnosed with Bipolar without hearing voices. As stated, its a qualifier.

From the DSM-IV-TR:

296.53 Bipolar I Disorder, Most Recent Episode Depressed, Severe Without Psychotic Features
296.54 Bipolar I Disorder, Most Recent Episode Depressed, Severe With Psychotic Features
296.04 Bipolar I Disorder, Single Manic Episode, Severe With Psychotic Features

Auditory hallucinations feature prominently in many psychiatric disorders. It has been estimated that approximately 75% of people with schizophrenia experience auditory hallucinations. These hallucinations are also relatively common in bipolar disorder (20% to 50%), in major depression with psychotic features (10%), and in posttraumatic stress disorder (40%).2

So yes, people with bipolar disorder can hear things (auditory hallucination).
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2014, 11:55:05 PM »
Haven't consulted the manual recently. I must say that mental disorders and their classification is not something precise. We can only imagine the disorders present in some individuals. Look at the demons Josh seems to be dealing with. His past has been a nightmare.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2014, 11:57:42 PM »
Haven't consulted the manual recently. I must say that mental disorders and their classification is not something precise. We can only imagine the disorders present in some individuals. Look at the demons Josh seems to be dealing with. His past has been a nightmare.

Those disorders are directly from the manual. There is nothing to consult. You're wrong. Bipolar Disorder can be accompanied by Psychotic Features. From the DSM-IV-TR:

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/sx20-c.htm

DSM Diagnostic Codes for Bipolar Disorder

Bipolar - Single Manic

296 Bipolar I Disorder, Single Manic Episode, Unspecified
        296.01 Bipolar I Disorder, Single Manic Episode, Mild
        296.02 Bipolar I Disorder, Single Manic Episode, Moderate
        296.03 Bipolar I Disorder, Single Manic Episode, Severe Without Psychotic Features
        296.04 Bipolar I Disorder, Single Manic Episode, Severe With Psychotic Features
        296.05 Bipolar I Disorder, Single Manic Episode, In Partial Remission
        296.06 Bipolar I Disorder, Single Manic Episode, In Full Remission

Bipolar - Manic

296.4 Bipolar I Disorder, Most Recent Episode Hypomanic
        296.4 Bipolar I Disorder, Most Recent Episode Manic, Unspecified
        296.41 Bipolar I Disorder, Most Recent Episode Manic, Mild
        296.42 Bipolar I Disorder, Most Recent Episode Manic, Moderate
        296.43 Bipolar I Disorder, Most Recent Episode Manic, Severe Without Psychotic Features
        296.44 Bipolar I Disorder, Most Recent Episode Manic, Severe With Psychotic Features
        296.45 Bipolar I Disorder, Most Recent Episode Manic, In Partial Remission
        296.46 Bipolar I Disorder, Most Recent Episode Manic, In Full Remission
X

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2014, 12:07:22 AM »
I am aware that BPD can accompany other mental disorders in some individuals. Bi-polar being one. The complexity of those classifications demonstrates that mental diseases are rather complicated and diverse. The science changes every decade. In 1960 they listed homosexuality as a mental disorder.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2014, 12:09:10 AM »
I am aware that BPD can accompany other mental disorders in some individuals. Bi-polar being one. The complexity of those classifications demonstrates that mental diseases are rather complicated and diverse. The science changes every decade. In 1960 they listed homosexuality as a mental disorder.

Yes, I realize that.
X

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2014, 12:28:18 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2014, 12:34:43 PM »

And because more and more people came out of the closet, they decided to not classify homosexuality as a mental disorder. Which may be short sided...Right now it's estimated that 1 out of every 100 kids have autism...If that number ever goes to 1 out of 20 or 1 out of 10, will they then say autism is no longer a mental disorder? hmm

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2014, 12:53:42 PM »

price of bullets is going up , a knife you can always reuse... it's the gift that keeps on giving or taking depending on your point of view  [which end your on so to speak]
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2014, 12:57:39 PM »
if you look at the pic of the guy below , would you think he was a potential killer? how about the second or third guy????
F

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2014, 01:04:48 PM »
Canadian knife owners.....you have blood on your hands!!!!!!!!

::) love how the resident gun control activists are always silent as a mouse when these types of incidents happen involving a tool other than a gun