Author Topic: Will there ever be another Rock, Stone Cold or Hogan  (Read 2441 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Will there ever be another Rock, Stone Cold or Hogan
« on: April 16, 2014, 11:20:23 AM »
In my opinion the three guys that got the biggest pops and made the most money were Hogan, Rock and Austin..

Will there ever be another person like these guys?

I don't want to hear Cena...yes he makes tons of money but never generated the excitement/pop

[youtubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh3QHSrtV0Y][/youtube]

Nirvana

• Getbig V
Re: Will there ever be another Rock, Stone Cold or Hogan
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 04:27:33 PM »
If they would use people like ziggler and Roman reigns correctly they could make them huge stars.

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 04:30:10 PM »
Flair is the last of his kind. they can make another hogan, stone cold & rock. which I love those guys, I'm a big fan of theirs but to talk about who will be the most difficult to ever see again it is flair.
sept 10th APF

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 06:11:54 PM »
there will never be another Ultimate Warrior either.

by 1989 he was getting some of the biggest ovations ever. moreso than Hogan at the time.

insane.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 07:09:16 AM »
Yes there could be.

Daniel Bryan.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 08:48:08 AM »
Yes there could be.

Daniel Bryan.

it's amazing i guess fans want to see the everyman make it big. they look in the mirror and they see daniel bryan is just like them. he has no real look unless you consider a goatboy a good look. mike skills are good not excellent. but his ring skills are a 10 just hope he doesn't end up like dynamite kid or even worse chris benoit.
F

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 09:04:17 AM »
it's amazing i guess fans want to see the everyman make it big. they look in the mirror and they see daniel bryan is just like them. he has no real look unless you consider a goatboy a good look. mike skills are good not excellent. but his ring skills are a 10 just hope he doesn't end up like dynamite kid or even worse chris benoit.

He's only in his early 30's but having a wrestling style like his could mean a short career and future injuries. He takes a lot of hard bumps.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 03:31:15 PM »
DB and Cena may be the closes but when the glass breaks or "you smell"........the crowd goes nuts, there is an electricity..........

goku

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 04:41:35 PM »
think the last guy to get close was cm punk.
now i would think reigns to an extent, he has a look nobody else has and he genuinely gets pumped like crazy in the ring, doing the most muscular and putting some force in his moves and the crowds (the good crowds!) feed off that.

daniel bryan probably closest to austin in terms of rebel to the suits

Melkor

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 09:54:15 AM »
There will never be another like Hogan, that's for sure. To be as physically big as he was during his prime (would never get away with that today) and to have limited ring skills - fans just would not buy that now.

Rock was one of a kind - there may never be another to have the natural charisma he had.

Austin was my favourite pro-wrestler of all time - of the three here it is possible somebody could come along and build up a head of steam like he did (Bryan is kind of being booked like Austin was around 1998 but still comes across as being weaker. The company are just not behind him fully like they were with Austin in '98).

I don't think anybody on the current roster will achieve the popularity of those three - that is become so big that they cross over into popular mainstream media. Everybody knew who Hogan, Austin and Rock were at the height of their fame. I don't think non-wrestling fans could name one current superstar on the roster.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 07:33:33 AM »
There will never be another like Hogan, that's for sure. To be as physically big as he was during his prime (would never get away with that today) and to have limited ring skills - fans just would not buy that now.

Rock was one of a kind - there may never be another to have the natural charisma he had.

Austin was my favourite pro-wrestler of all time - of the three here it is possible somebody could come along and build up a head of steam like he did (Bryan is kind of being booked like Austin was around 1998 but still comes across as being weaker. The company are just not behind him fully like they were with Austin in '98).

I don't think anybody on the current roster will achieve the popularity of those three - that is become so big that they cross over into popular mainstream media. Everybody knew who Hogan, Austin and Rock were at the height of their fame. I don't think non-wrestling fans could name one current superstar on the roster.

Agreed. Whoever listed Swagger....may be a good wrestler but need a personality implant.

Again I am looking for someone that makes the crowd jump to their feet. I think DB did a great job the Raw after Wrestlemania. Probably had 75%+ of the fans chanting YES

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2014, 01:44:13 PM »
Flair is the last of his kind. they can make another hogan, stone cold & rock. which I love those guys, I'm a big fan of theirs but to talk about who will be the most difficult to ever see again it is flair.

Flair is entertaining as hell on the mic, but way overrated in the ring.