Author Topic: life as a poor person (most of you), is it really worth it?  (Read 9018 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: life as a poor person (most of you), is it really worth it?
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2014, 04:37:17 PM »
Federal agents mad cause I'm flagrant. Tap my cell and the phone in the basement.

ismoseppo

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2014, 04:38:15 PM »
Federal agents mad cause I'm flagrant. Tap my cell and the phone in the basement.
\

lol whats with you and the rap game lately?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2014, 04:45:35 PM »
\

lol whats with you and the rap game lately?
You know how we do.  Toka Swola, dis C-Swole.  Cupcaking Dropping beats like hot wings in peanut oil. Ya heard?  Dis on da real tip, ya dig?

ismoseppo

« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2014, 04:48:35 PM »
You know how we do.  Toka Swola, dis C-Swole.  Cupcaking Dropping beats like hot wings in peanut oil. Ya heard?  Dis on da real tip, ya dig?

u need a name

T-Donis?
Adonasaurus?

work with me here

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2014, 04:51:17 PM »
u need a name

T-Donis?
Adonasaurus?

work with me here
ROFLMAO love this.

Adumb Asshole, the remix.
Twinx Crew

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2014, 05:05:55 PM »
some men dont take shit from their wife and let their children eat spoiled food just to save pennies

i know have known someone like this, he's a millionaire and retired at 45

You know a 45 year old, retired millionaire who serves his kids rotten food?

Fapping to Ronnie Coleman does not count as knowing

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2014, 07:12:19 PM »
Working for the "man" will eventually grind the best of us down. It all depends on how you look at it. Set your life up the way you want it to be. Being rich is not the end all solution. We all would like more of money drugs cars and women. Find a good hobby and some real friends to share life with. Life is good and fun, I actually was really happy when I had less responsibility and money. Probably because I had all the time in the world to do the things I wanted. Remember Time is the most valuable commodity on earth not money. Chase the all mighty dollar and by the time you get it your stressed out and out of time. Enjoy everyday.
h

Primary Captain

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2014, 07:25:00 PM »
in his head it seems flawless, years upon years of reinforcing these lies untill he starts believing his own story

typical convict
You're the shitty little liar. Post your personal info here shitbag.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2014, 07:38:14 PM »
take ESF for example

steroid dealing ex con, always upside down in bills (luxury car payments, enormous mortgage, designer clothes, posh restaurants) just so he can try to get a whiff of what it would be like to be rich and be perceived as such. ironically he's like a hamster running as fast as he can in his wheel, never seeming to get anywhere despite his best efforts

is such a life really worth it?
yes worth laughing about it. You can always use it as an example for kids..How not to fuck up your life!! (and show Pict. to proof it)

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2014, 07:53:49 PM »
Make $. Invest: Retire at 35. do whatever the fuck you want. If you spend it all -no problem ,make more$! Cmon its a fucking piece of cake! But don't cheat yourself in life..

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2014, 08:08:34 PM »
So lets get this right....

If you are working, you cant be enjoying life?

I'm writing this at 10am, sitting in a coffee shop by my house, having a coffee with my 4 year old daughter.

After this i'll go home & do some work.

This feels fine to me.

There's a guy i know trains landmine sniffing dogs for a living. Travels all over the world to places with landmine issues and helps them with their clearing programs. He seems pretty happy to me.

Perhaps the issues isnt the work itself but being obsessed with having more or needing to be 'further ahead' in life.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2014, 08:20:17 PM »

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2014, 08:24:03 PM »

you told me you didnt get my voicemail :(

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2014, 08:32:57 PM »
Working some jobs for 40 years and then retire as an old fuck  and then die

Retired at 55 and had one kid along the way that was PLANNED. So I got that going for me

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2014, 08:34:21 PM »
  Retired at 55 and had one kid along the way that was PLANNED. So I got that going for me

Do you wish you would have had more wealth in your youth?

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2014, 08:40:31 PM »
Do you wish you would have had more wealth in your youth?

define more? Enough to buy any car I wanted? Id be dead

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2014, 08:43:16 PM »
  define more? Enough to buy any car I wanted? Id be dead

Enough to live in a great place. Great vacations, great possessions, sure great cars.

Or is materialism not a big thing with you?

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2014, 11:03:08 PM »
you told me you didnt get my voicemail :(

Lol the point was "cut your dick off" is right next to this thread

I didn't get your email either.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2014, 11:04:28 PM »
a lot of illegal africans are living a better life than the working man

sleep late every day, hustle some stolen shoes/bags

pay no bills at all

after some years get legalization and live off the wellfare system happily ever after

Mouthing 'baby mama' family again ?.
 ;D

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2014, 11:07:05 PM »
that, or dealing steroids (6grams per week is the sweet spot, kids ;) )

Ron, why is crime promotion tolerated on GB  ???

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2014, 11:44:26 PM »
Enough to live in a great place. Great vacations, great possessions, sure great cars.

Or is materialism not a big thing with you?

It's "want" that makes you unhappy, not what you have.

Hence you can be unhappy at any level of wealth.

There's a story in Black Swan by Taleb where they are the richest family on their street. Then they become more wealthy and move up in the world but become the poorest people living in a community of extremely wealthy people.

So they went from being the only people with a boat to living amongst people with yachts and their own jets.

They'd go to parties where people were discussing which jet to buy next and they could not keep up with that. Anyway, his wife ended up miserable in the new place because they couldn't keep up with their new 'peers'.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2014, 11:57:29 PM »
It's "want" that makes you unhappy, not what you have.

Hence you can be unhappy at any level of wealth.

There's a story in Black Swan by Taleb where they are the richest family on their street. Then they become more wealthy and move up in the world but become the poorest people living in a community of extremely wealthy people.

So they went from being the only people with a boat to living amongst people with yachts and their own jets.

They'd go to parties where people were discussing which jet to buy next and they could not keep up with that. Anyway, his wife ended up miserable in the new place because they couldn't keep up with their new 'peers'.

well maybe father swan shouldnt of been such a buttfucking quitter and worked harder to earn the jet.

;D

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2014, 11:58:53 PM »
well maybe father swan shouldnt of been such a buttfucking quitter and worked harder to earn the jet.

;D

;D  ;D  ;D

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #73 on: April 17, 2014, 03:04:32 AM »
Life as a poor person sucks, life as a poor working person sucks twice as much. This sums it up pretty much. Better be poor and do some shit that you like and have a lot of freetime than kill 8 hours a day in job 5 times a week, return home turn up TV fuck your wife and go sleep and repeat. I am still thinking of moving for example to Thailand and live with few money, but bitches have retirement visas for 50 yo +, I see people working their ass off and their pissed off faces. Find ways how to make money without working like asshole or die trying.  :-\

This is the situation I'm in.  parents are trying  to strike a deal with me where if I go back to school they give me cash but they know what I spend the cash on so they would have me on a budget. food and rent...that's it. So I have an important decision to make.

Continue working the shit fly by manual labor jobs I do and have a little money in my pocket  Or go back to school and be broke for two years.   Look I got no problem with hard work Im not a lazy guy...but  I have a bunch of friends older than me in their mid to late twenties, went to good colleges, walk away with their bachelor's degrees and are 25 ,,,, living with their parents while they work at GNC for 12 bucks an hour.....no thanks.

I was lucky and got a great job out of pure luck, For a brief period I Was making about a grand a week cash under the table. On top of the money my parents were giving me for rent and food, 7 k a month. would of been almost 90k a year... For a high school drop out...that's pretty good. Dude broke up with his wife got back on drugs and got fired and that was that Im back to square 1.

My point is though there are way to make money. I've proven this to myself time and time again so if Im going to do the college thing it better be worth my time
l

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #74 on: April 17, 2014, 03:14:02 AM »
This is the situation I'm in. W   parents are trying  to strike a deal with me where if I go back to school they give me cash but they know what I spend the cash on so they would have me on a budget. food and rent...that's it. So I have an important decision to make.

Continue working the shit fly by manual labor jobs I do and have a little money in my pocket  Or go back to school and be broke for two years.   Look I got no problem with hard work Im not a lazy guy...but  I have a bunch of friends older than me in their mid to late twenties, went to good colleges, walk away with their bachelor's degrees and are 25 ,,,, living with their parents while they work at GNC for 12 bucks an hour.....no thanks.

I was lucky and got a great job out of pure luck, For a brief period I Was making about a grand a week cash under the table. On top of the money my parents were giving me, 7 k a month. would of been almost 90k a year... For a high school drop out...that's pretty good. Dude broke up with his wife got back on drugs and got fired and that was that Im back to square 1.

My point is though there are way to make money. I've proven this to myself time and time again so if Im going to do the college thing it better be worth my time

Then learn from your friends and don't take a worthless degree.

'Degree' has become the most dangerous word in the work place. People are under the impression it makes you red hot property to employ  ::)

No, you managed to do your 3 years and now you still don't know fuck all.

The only degrees worth taking are engineering degrees, science degrees and perhaps finance degrees. And law. Nothing else.

If I had my time over I would sit a Physics degree. I'll struggle my balls off but I'll grind through it. You walk out of that, you can do anything from Finance to Engineering to Science to Teach/Lecture. Probably even law as in the UK at least you don't need to go to university to be a lawyer. There's more people working at Google with Physics degrees/masters than any other degree out there.

If you have enough smarts and willing to fight a constant headache for 3-4 years, take a look at it..