Author Topic: life as a poor person (most of you), is it really worth it?  (Read 9014 times)

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
Re: life as a poor person (most of you), is it really worth it?
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2014, 03:19:32 AM »
Im surprised this thread has made it to 4 pages without being linked to Halos senseless ramblings
S

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2014, 03:30:35 AM »
Then learn from your friends and don't take a worthless degree.

'Degree' has become the most dangerous word in the work place. People are under the impression it makes you red hot property to employ  ::)

No, you managed to do your 3 years and now you still don't know fuck all.

The only degrees worth taking are engineering degrees, science degrees and perhaps finance degrees. And law. Nothing else.

If I had my time over I would sit a Physics degree. I'll struggle my balls off but I'll grind through it. You walk out of that, you can do anything from Finance to Engineering to Science to Teach/Lecture. Probably even law as in the UK at least you don't need to go to university to be a lawyer. There's more people working at Google with Physics degrees/masters than any other degree out there.

If you have enough smarts and willing to fight a constant headache for 3-4 years, take a look at it..

Im sure if I told my parents tomorrow I want to get my physics degree they would support me with $ in order to study full time for it. Thing that pisses me off is I've been on get big four years and I haven't done jack shit. I could of built a really nice life for myself by now.,...or been close to it. I'm still 21.
l

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2014, 04:10:50 AM »
Im sure if I told my parents tomorrow I want to get my physics degree they would support me with $ in order to study full time for it. Thing that pisses me off is I've been on get big four years and I haven't done jack shit. I could of built a really nice life for myself by now.,...or been close to it. I'm still 21.

The age I went to university. So what are you waiting for?

Just don't sit a pointless degree and waste 3 years of your life. Nobody needs an idiot that tossed off on a degree in 'American Studies' or 'Human Resources' or 'Mass Media' or 'Languages' 'Sociology' 'Sports Science' or any other of the 1001 dumbass degrees. If you're lucky enough to find a job after sitting 3 years suffering through that, you'll never have any job security. There's a 100 thousand other that took the exact same easy path as you did.

So, get to it then!

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2014, 05:53:36 AM »
flinstones, in the improbable case you posses the necessary brain power and mental toughness to get through it

i recommend you get a masters degree of commercial engineer and an MBA, from studying real life linkedin profiles of the shot callers at the places i have worked

then you are ready to manhandle people and take home big checks

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2014, 06:02:05 AM »
There's more people working at Google with Physics degrees/masters than any other degree out there...

No way, where did you hear that?  Seems very unlikely

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2014, 07:05:22 AM »
This just in: Life of poverty not worth it.  Boffins confirm poor people report being happier once dead.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2014, 07:50:56 AM »
Really, if you die old and have lots of money isnt that doing it wrong?
A pound sitting doing nothing is a pound wasted.

Good rationale, but I want my offspring to have a leaving cash bonus at my expense.

S

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2014, 07:58:16 AM »
Good rationale, but I want my offspring to have a leaving cash bonus at my expense.

Fuck em.  Rock out with your genitals exposed.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2014, 10:38:29 PM »
No way, where did you hear that?  Seems very unlikely

I'm confused, why do you think it's 'unlikely'?

I ask this in the nicest possible way. Do you 'know' what a degree really mean?

I'll have to answer that for you as I'm going out tonight and won't have time to get back to this conversation.

It means very little, pretty much nothing. You come out of Medicine, or Law or Engineering and you know nothing. You get trained up in the REAL WORLD from scratch. Both my cousins just came out of Medicine last year and they're still not allowed to even diagnose at the hospitals they work.

A degree shows that you're willing to put in the time and work, not that you know anything. If you and Jeff Immelt both rock MBAs from Harvard, meaning your educational background is exactly the same. Do you know more about business than him?

Physics is about smarts and it's hard. It brings a great caliber worker to your business.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2014, 10:46:37 PM »
Fuck em.  Rock out with your genitals exposed.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2014, 11:59:45 PM »
Who has Anabolic Cholo's account? Not his usual writing style at all...in fact it sounds a lot like somebody who bragged about a paying a lot of taxes recently.  ::)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2014, 06:22:48 AM »

I'll have to answer that for you as I'm going out tonight and won't have time to get back to this conversation.

It means very little, pretty much nothing. You come out of Medicine, or Law or Engineering and you know nothing. You get trained up in the REAL WORLD from scratch. Both my cousins just came out of Medicine last year and they're still not allowed to even diagnose at the hospitals they work.

A degree shows that you're willing to put in the time and work, not that you know anything. If you and Jeff Immelt both rock MBAs from Harvard, meaning your educational background is exactly the same. Do you know more about business than him?

Physics is about smarts and it's hard. It brings a great caliber worker to your business.

Thanks for the patronizing response, I guess....you didn't answer my question though

Considering Google is a dot-com/software/tech company, I don't see why they would preferably hire employees with a Physics degree.  Although I'm sure a degree in Physics is very difficult, it's not as relevant to the work they'll be doing as somebody who has a degree in computer sciences, etc.  Also it's not the only difficult degree out there.

So again, I ask, where did you hear that more people working at Google have a Physics degree than any other?  Cite your sources please :)

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2014, 06:39:31 AM »
Really, if you die old and have lots of money isnt that doing it wrong?
A pound sitting doing nothing is a pound wasted.
8)

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2014, 08:25:03 AM »

Skilled trade. Lots of work and the right trade will get you a 6 figure salary.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2014, 02:22:31 PM »
you need atleast a decent construction job, you can learn physics for fun at 35 maybe you could get a degree at it. how about electrical engineering.

in life its best to be busy as fuck, life SUCKS if your not busy otherwise youll be some pussy meditating with no job and no food
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2014, 02:25:00 PM »
you dont need a degree.

however knowing what the fuck your talking about (science related) is 100x's more important flinstones

if you are such a hardworker as you claim then start learning and stop being a pussy bro  8)
A

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2014, 02:44:53 PM »
Not me. I'm probably one of the more successful people on this board.

I live the dream life.

Run my own business doing something I absolutely love (also got me national exposure) and it gives me the freedom to spend a lot of time with my 9 year old daughter who I have a fantastic relationship with. I go to all her field trips, plays, dances recitals and I even run projects in her 4th grade class. I will be teaching them about comic books and sequential art next month.

Also write for two national magazines, getting royalties and reprint incentives.

I have a house and a summer home in Buzzards Bay Cape Cod on the water.

Last but not least, I have an awesome physique. ;D ;D

Life is good.

Simple Simon

« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2014, 02:47:47 PM »

I live the dream life.

Run my own business doing something I absolutely love (also got me national exposure) and it gives me the freedom to spend a lot of time with my 9 year old daughter who I have a fantastic relationship with. I go to all her field trips, plays, dances recitals and I even run projects in her 4th grade class. I will be teaching them about comic books and sequential art next month.

Also write for two national magazines, getting royalties and reprint incentives.

Life is good.
Youre heading for a fall you smug twat...             ;D

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2014, 03:27:29 PM »

I live the dream life.

Life is good.

Yes, but you literally have a rosary tattooed on your chest

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2014, 03:31:40 PM »
flinstones, in the improbable case you posses the necessary brain power and mental toughness to get through it

i recommend you get a masters degree of commercial engineer and an MBA, from studying real life linkedin profiles of the shot callers at the places i have worked

then you are ready to manhandle people and take home big checks

UNEMPLOYED individual Leopold , lectures others  ::)

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2014, 04:32:13 AM »
Curious what a lot of you guys do for a living on these boards?

Those with the loudest barks usually are the most poor...

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2014, 05:07:50 AM »
Curious what a lot of you guys do for a living on these boards?

Those with the loudest barks usually are the most poor...
Food Manufacturing Manager. Middle class and plenty happy.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2014, 02:17:17 PM »
Very poor, very unhappy.....
Just as our governors want us.

We have to be Poor to keep Them Rich.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2014, 02:21:41 PM »
Who has Anabolic Cholo's account? Not his usual writing style at all...in fact it sounds a lot like somebody who bragged about a paying a lot of taxes recently.  ::)

x2 something is not right.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: April 20, 2014, 03:09:23 PM »
Once a year I get together for a weekend with the other people I work with (on my level and above) for our annual retreat at a luxury hotel. We all hate each other but it is unsaid and we all smile and pretend that we are all collegial and friendly. Also unsaid is that our biggest competitors in our business are not at other businesses but within our own business as we would all steal each other's clients at the first opportunity. As soon as we get back to our offices on Monday it's back to the usual backstabbing, double dealing, etc. None of us are billionaires by any stretch but most everyone at our level is doing pretty well, relatively speaking.

It is a miserable life.  
it's the same at all levels in every job. We re animals. Hapiness is fucking other people in the ass and it's automatical. You want to be happy, dominate. If you cant dominate, no hapiness for you. Who's happy? those at the top, and they re happy because there are a lot of unhappy people below them and they know it.