Author Topic: Carson: White House wanted me to apologize for 'offending' Obama  (Read 8037 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Does not surprise me one bit.  Amazing how the most powerful man in the world can be so insecure. 

Carson: White House wanted me to apologize for 'offending' Obama
Published April 15, 2014
FoxNews.com

Conservative sage Dr. Ben Carson is claiming the White House was offended by his now-famous keynote address at the 2013 National Prayer Breakfast and asked at the time for an apology call to President Obama -- which he didn’t make.

The anecdote is found in Carson’s upcoming book “One Nation: What We Can All Do to Save America’s Future.”

Carson, who became a conservative sensation after the address, was highly critical of the direction of the country though he never blamed the president, who was sitting just a few feet away.

“He did not appear to be hostile or angry,” Carson wrote in the book.

“But within a matter of minutes after the conclusion of the program, I received a call from some of the prayer breakfast organizers saying that the White House was upset and requesting that I call the president and apologize for offending him. I said that I did not think that he was offended and that I didn’t think that such a call was warranted.”

The passage was verified Tuesday by publisher Sentinel, a division of Penguin Group (USA).

Carson, a former director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins University, also suggests in the book he has no plans to run for president in 2016 unless called by God. However, he has placed third in two recent straw polls and is being courted by the well-funded National Draft Ben Carson for President Committee.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/15/carson-wh-says-his-prayer-breakfast-speech-offended-obama-asked-for-apology/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Carson: White House wanted me to apologize for 'offending' Obama
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 12:05:43 PM »
Does not surprise me one bit.  Amazing how the most powerful man in the world can be so insecure. 

Published April 15, 2014
FoxNews.com

Conservative sage Dr. Ben Carson is claiming the White House was offended by his now-famous keynote address at the 2013 National Prayer Breakfast and asked at the time for an apology call to President Obama -- which he didn’t make.

The anecdote is found in Carson’s upcoming book “One Nation: What We Can All Do to Save America’s Future.”

Carson, who became a conservative sensation after the address, was highly critical of the direction of the country though he never blamed the president, who was sitting just a few feet away.

“But within a matter of minutes after the conclusion of the program, I received a call from some of the prayer breakfast organizers saying that the White House was upset and requesting that I call the president and apologize for offending him. I said that I did not think that he was offended and that I didn’t think that such a call was warranted.”

The passage was verified Tuesday by publisher Sentinel, a division of Penguin Group (USA).

Carson, a former director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins University, also suggests in the book he has no plans to run for president in 2016 unless called by God. However, he has placed third in two recent straw polls and is being courted by the well-funded National Draft Ben Carson for President Committee.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/15/carson-wh-says-his-prayer-breakfast-speech-offended-obama-asked-for-apology/

from what you posted it doesn't appear that this request came from Obama

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 12:17:09 PM »
Those liberals are sooo sensitive.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 12:40:48 PM »
lol - FNG baby

Published April 15, 2014
FoxNews.com

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 01:20:46 PM »
Crybama is always a petulant little baby twink when people mock his failed presidency

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 01:32:02 PM »
Reminds me of this.  He doesn't like being challenged, asked tough questions, etc.  That's why he cherry picks his interviews. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 01:33:38 PM »
O-twink is only used to having little sniveling metro hipster twinks around him - so he is not used to people actually calling him out on his delusions lies fraud, etc. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 03:37:47 PM »

maybe Obama was one of the  prayer breakfast organizers that called.   That is reasonable in order to make the stretch the article did.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 03:53:28 PM »
maybe Obama was one of the  prayer breakfast organizers that called.   That is reasonable in order to make the stretch the article did.

you think Obama spends his time organizing events like this (or any event)  ?

Are you kidding man

Maybe you think the POTUS personally organizes the White House Easter Egg hunt too

My guess is that the actual people who organized this who invited Carson (obviously he would have had to be invited to be a the key-note speaker) were embarrassed (and perhaps also offended) by his comments and felt bad (or likely pissed) that the guy they invited to be the key note speaker chose that venue to attack the direction in which he thought the country was going.   These people  (the actual organizers which Carson refers to) were the ones who did this

i.e

Exactly as Carson said which Bum posted

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 06:25:48 PM »
the 'white house' didnt want him to apologize.    some breakfast organizers did.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 06:48:16 PM »
The book except apparently says the White House wanted him to apologize.  The message was sent through the organizers.  That is exactly how it works.  The president isn't going to pick up the phone and call him.    

Same thing happened a while back when someone had the audacity to write something that was entirely positive about the First Lady.  Someone from the White House (or affiliated with them) contacted the paper.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 06:53:02 PM »

you think Obama spends his time organizing events like this (or any event)  ?

Are you kidding man

Maybe you think the POTUS personally organizes the White House Easter Egg hunt too

Possibly.

We know he's not leading.

We know he doesn't know what the hell goes on in his own administration.

We know he can't talk without a teleprompter.

Hey, organizing those hunts might be keeping him busy.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 06:54:40 PM »
 ;)

Possibly.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 06:54:45 PM »

Possibly.

come on man

leave the trolling bullshit to certain unnamed losers on this board

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 06:57:02 PM »
The book except apparently says the White House wanted him to apologize.  The message was sent through the organizers.  That is exactly how it works.  The president isn't going to pick up the phone and call him.    

Same thing happened a while back when someone had the audacity to write something that was entirely positive about the First Lady.  Someone from the White House (or affiliated with them) contacted the paper.

"the White House" does not mean the POTUS or FLOTUS were personally involved

you'd think that wouldn't need to be explained

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 07:05:48 PM »
O-TWINK needs a little romper room of his own  - hw I a fag, a baby, a twink, a bottom, a punk, and not worthy of his position

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 07:07:14 PM »
anonymous proxy 4th party messengers are totally reliable.  it's awesome.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 07:09:34 PM »
At this point - Obama failed presidency = success for USA   

F him  - he is garbage and slime

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 07:13:37 PM »
O-TWINK needs a little romper room of his own  - hw I a fag, a baby, a twink, a bottom, a punk, and not worthy of his position

jesus you f'ng queer

for the last time please leave your gay fantasies to yourself or share them with your friends down at the bath house

jjbones

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2014, 04:39:45 AM »
I think dr Carson can expect an IRS audit, visits from homeland security, FBI, OSHA, ATF and will possibily be arrested

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2014, 06:51:18 AM »

It sounds that way to me. Read closer:

I received a call from some of the prayer breakfast organizers saying that the White House was upset and requesting that I call the president and apologize for offending him.

The request came from the WH. The organizers only relayed the request to Carson.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2014, 06:52:17 AM »
the 'white house' didnt want him to apologize.    some breakfast organizers did.

No. See my post above.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2014, 06:54:56 AM »
I think dr Carson can expect an IRS audit, visits from homeland security, FBI, OSHA, ATF and will possibily be arrested

Why do you expect them to arrest him?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2014, 09:50:12 AM »
It sounds that way to me. Read closer:

The request came from the WH. The organizers only relayed the request to Carson.

or the "organizers" who invited Carson to speak were just saying that because they (the organizers) were the ones who were upset and embarrassed for having invited the guy

that seems more likely, especially since Carson himself said that Obama “did not appear to be hostile or angry,”

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2014, 10:12:48 AM »
Would never even consider to vote for this guy!