Author Topic: are my test levels too low?  (Read 1413 times)

pinzer1

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
are my test levels too low?
« on: January 21, 2006, 04:06:49 PM »
I'm 28 and got my testosteron levels checked the other day. I haven't been putting on muscle as easily as in the past, and I have been getting slugish mid afternoon for no reason.  My level was 370 with free Testosterone coming it at 11.1.  I checked online and it seems that I'm at the lower end of the "average" range.  Any suggestions, should I be concerned? 
I've never used steroids.

Blake

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: are my test levels too low?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2006, 04:37:19 PM »
I'm 28 and got my testosteron levels checked the other day. I haven't been putting on muscle as easily as in the past, and I have been getting slugish mid afternoon for no reason.  My level was 370 with free Testosterone coming it at 11.1.  I checked online and it seems that I'm at the lower end of the "average" range.  Any suggestions, should I be concerned? 
I've never used steroids.

What was the lab range on total testosterone?

Either way 370 is on the lower end of the spectrum.  Try talking to your doctor about HRT.  He may be willing to prescribe you testosterone if you've been experiencing the symptoms of low testosterone (poor athletic performance, low sex drive, fatigue, irritability, depression, just to name a few).

pinzer1

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2006, 04:40:33 PM »
I've defenately been having a few of the symptoms. Depression like I've never felt before, slugish feeling, gaining fat easier and not able to gain muscle as fast as just a few years ago. But no issues with libido and no ED.
I'm not sure of the lab range, I had the test done with my PCP.

Mr.Protein

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2006, 11:32:04 AM »
Different labs will have different reference ranges to determine whether the results are winthin "normal limits".  I have my total Testosterone level tested at "Quest Diagnostics" -  their reference range is 241 - 827 NG/Dl.

Using these parameters, a level of 534 would be right in the middle of the normal range... your 370 level might be considered low/normal.
the price is great... so is the reward