Author Topic: Design A House, Getbig  (Read 4712 times)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Design A House, Getbig
« on: April 16, 2014, 12:00:13 PM »
Gimmie your awesome ideas.  Real ones, not 34 bedrooms on a private island crap.  How would you lay out your living space and what would you insist on having?  

If I incorporate elements of your floor plan or just think your ideas rock, I'll donate $100 to the charity of your choice, not restricted to just one guy.  I'm sure proof would be mailed or emailed to you by the charity.

-Roughly 2000 sqf (200sqm) of workshop space attached.  "A garage" as far as the council is concerned.  Iron's in there.  BB relation.

-No kids so 1000-1500sqf (100-150 sqm) of living space, 2 bed 1 bath sufficient.  Attached to garage is the only restriction.

-Slab or stump, no basement.  Garage workshop on slab, of course.

-Prefer 1 level but open to suggestions.

-Land indeterminate, possibly tight block, will specify building envolope if needed.

Looking for all the stuff I haven't thought of, which is pretty easy considering.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
Re: Design A House, Getbig
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 12:07:18 PM »
I'll take Fallingwater, over the river Arno, and with rooms of artworks and floor-to-ceiling shelves filled with books. Thanks much.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 12:28:16 PM »
I'll take Fallingwater, over the river Arno, and with rooms of artworks and floor-to-ceiling shelves filled with books. Thanks much.

Well, now.  I still need the 1/2 as purely functional worshop, you understand.  That's where all the cabinetry and nifty finish carpentry is coming from.  Got a hilly block to check out tho.  Falling Wombat?

In truth, I'd probably have rented for another 5 years and hemmed and hawed about building if they weren't selling this place.  It's a good kick in the ass from the universe.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 12:43:18 PM »
Well, now.  I still need the 1/2 as purely functional worshop, you understand.  That's where all the cabinetry and nifty finish carpentry is coming from.  Got a hilly block to check out tho.  Falling Wombat?

In truth, I'd probably have rented for another 5 years and hemmed and hawed about building if they weren't selling this place.  It's a good kick in the ass from the universe.
Swollen Billabong? Take care of the basics first, Tape, then you can work to your heart's desire on the ornamentation and nacre inlays.    :)

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 12:59:13 PM »
 ;D what could be better than a castle in yonkers flown over piece by piece from europe.....
F

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 01:05:55 PM »
heaven

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 01:09:14 PM »
Best I could do, OP.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 01:12:39 PM »
Hmmm, that house seems to have a giant cock in front of it.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 01:14:11 PM »
It would be one big gym.  I'd sleep on the bench

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 01:21:21 PM »
It would be one big gym.  I'd sleep on the bench

Would you curl in the squat rack?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 01:24:33 PM »
Would you curl in the squat rack?

Shut the fuck up.  Only losers curl in the squat rack.  I'd use it primarily for Shadow Boxing.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 01:25:37 PM »
Shut the fuck up.  Only losers curl in the squat rack.  I'd use it primarily for Shadow Boxing.

Yes, that does seem best.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 01:27:19 PM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 01:29:26 PM »
Well, as long as we're extemporizing, let's add a rubberized schmoe room with lots of ice machines. And, of course, the address would have to be 777 South 7th street.  

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 01:34:42 PM »
If I was absolutely content with not having kids, etc.... I'd buy a small building in a dual use area, and lay it out similar to the Oxtool building. Big, open loft space on the bottom, smaller living space above. I'd love to live like that -

Granted, the bottom area would be more of a mix of gym, media center, and workshop.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2014, 02:51:01 PM »
F

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2014, 02:53:48 PM »
Hmmm, that house seems to have a giant cock in front of it.

It's a babbling brook  >:(

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2014, 03:06:19 PM »
impressive. ::) ::) ::)
Truly. That guy runs at least 15-20 gimmick accounts, around here.

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 03:14:09 PM »
I designed and built my own house. 1600 sq ft  on a slab, single story, 2 bath 3 bedroom, 36inch doors blah blah  blah.  I did make the slab big enough to allow for a big front porch, big enough I can back a car onto it and unload shit straight into the front door.
 I went with a clear open plan on the combines the kitchen, family room all together which I broke up with a large counter/bar.
 I`m here now -its very nice.  :D

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 03:24:44 PM »
It's a babbling brook  >:(

If by babbling brook you mean ejaculating cock, then I'm with you.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 03:28:19 PM »
Sauna

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 03:30:14 PM »
Gimmie your awesome ideas.  Real ones, not 34 bedrooms on a private island crap.  How would you lay out your living space and what would you insist on having?  

If I incorporate elements of your floor plan or just think your ideas rock, I'll donate $100 to the charity of your choice, not restricted to just one guy.  I'm sure proof would be mailed or emailed to you by the charity.

-Roughly 2000 sqf (200sqm) of workshop space attached.  "A garage" as far as the council is concerned.  Iron's in there.  BB relation.

-No kids so 1000-1500sqf (100-150 sqm) of living space, 2 bed 1 bath sufficient.  Attached to garage is the only restriction.

-Land indeterminate, possibly tight block, will specify building envolope if needed.

Looking for all the stuff I haven't thought of, which is pretty easy considering.

every house 2-3 living rooms/den rooms minimum, at least one huge work/workout space one huge storage space. sky lights where ever you can put them and as much as possible i like to feel like im in outer space at night when on the inside of the house or at any time, i feel the normal popcorn ceiling with no sky lights suck if we are talking a dream home here.
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 03:39:36 PM »
If you pour a slab you should embed a floor safe in it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 03:43:43 PM »

You are gonna need some sort of slave quarters, preferably at least 1500 yards from your main house.  Just something to think about.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2014, 03:47:03 PM »

too many possibilities. lol

I prefer a 2story 4br 4ba, with master suit with walk around closet and balcony overlooking a canyon. lol... with an office. 2 car garage with parking on the side for a truck. other than that.. this is a hard thread to respond to. lol... I'm not a fan of separate living room and 'family' rooms. 1 never gets used, and you gotta buy separate furniture that never gets used. lol

consider where you'll spend most your time... kitchen, master suit/bathroom.