Author Topic: Gallery of natural getbiggers.  (Read 43704 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: Gallery of natural getbiggers.
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2006, 02:18:21 PM »
I'll see if I can find some other pics. 

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2006, 04:15:06 PM »
what do you mean? i am honestly 100% natural.
bullshit!....you look juiced to the gills ::)

Oliver Klaushof

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2006, 06:31:24 PM »
That top pic of Jodi makes me want to eat corn out of her ass.
"Shut the F up and train"

SQUAD1

• Getbig II
  • The SQUAD will never die!
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2006, 08:45:55 PM »
That top pic of Jodi makes me want to eat corn out of her ass.
you're the man!  :)
I eat tiny twat

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #79 on: February 19, 2006, 05:39:09 PM »
I've been swamped with work and preparing for Junior USA's, so I haven't had hardly any time online, but I did this shoot about three weeks ago and thought I'd add some more recent photos to this thread.
I've been amazed this last year or so at the capabilities my body has shown in my early thirties as opposed to my early twenties.  I hold onto muscle much better.  I think the biggest key to a successful natural competitor is patience.  Allow time to become an ally in your training rather than an enemy.  Too many competitors are in a rush to step on stage.  The effects of dieting down so strictly too early in your muscle-building career can really eat away at your hard-earned work.  I took eight years of powerlifting and solid, consistent weight training before every stepping on stage for the very first time in the 2000 Galaxy.
Best of luck to all the natural athletes on this board.  Keep up the good work.

Photos courtesy of Raymond Jeffus, www.granburyglamour.com.

Great improvements on them arms, particulary biceps, Jodels.

Totally new arms actually. I really like to know how you changed up the training to get that.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #80 on: February 20, 2006, 09:05:39 PM »
Zack,

Those are off season photos.  I did that shoot about four weeks ago, before I began dieting down for the Jr. USA's.  The very first place to lean out on me is the shoulder and bicep region, so some of the fullness and size disappears as I get closer to competition time unless I'm fully flexed.

This past off season, I kept my diet very consistent and regular.  I didn't allow my body to get out of hand, and I lifted moderately heavy to heavy in the gym...legs and upper body.  I think in the past few years, I've been concerned about my biceps overpowering my shoulders, so I didn't focus as much on them.  If I were going to skip a body part, arms or chest were the choices.

I do three exercises for biceps and three for triceps (right now, I'm doing a tri-set of exercises for triceps).  I stick with moderate to moderately heavy weight and do about 10 to 18 reps per set, three sets per exercise.  The reps are done slowly...at about a 1-2-3 count, and I squeeze the peak of the bicep at the top of the exercise on each rep until it hurts.

I'm still concerned with my arms overpowering my shoulders on the figure stage.  It seems that arms are not an important body part for the figure competition, whereas shoulders tend to dominate the show.  So, my mindset switches back and forth between wanting desperately to lift heavy with curls and wanting to keep my biceps in check.
Jodi

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2006, 06:14:46 AM »
I've been swamped with work and preparing for Junior USA's, so I haven't had hardly any time online, but I did this shoot about three weeks ago and thought I'd add some more recent photos to this thread.
I've been amazed this last year or so at the capabilities my body has shown in my early thirties as opposed to my early twenties.  I hold onto muscle much better.  I think the biggest key to a successful natural competitor is patience.  Allow time to become an ally in your training rather than an enemy.  Too many competitors are in a rush to step on stage.  The effects of dieting down so strictly too early in your muscle-building career can really eat away at your hard-earned work.  I took eight years of powerlifting and solid, consistent weight training before every stepping on stage for the very first time in the 2000 Galaxy.
Best of luck to all the natural athletes on this board.  Keep up the good work.

Photos courtesy of Raymond Jeffus, www.granburyglamour.com.

Jodi, those are two very sexy pictures. The combination of you and the photographer really got it right. I am not usually turned on still photos, but there is definitely something intensely sexy about those shots. Great work.

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2006, 10:41:35 PM »
Thank you, Sinbad.  It was my first time working with Raymond Jeffus, a photographer from just outside of Dallas.  I have another shoot scheduled with him in a couple of weeks.
Jodi

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2006, 06:38:11 AM »
Zack,
Those are off season photos.  I did that shoot about four weeks ago, before I began dieting down for the Jr. USA's.  The very first place to lean out on me is the shoulder and bicep region, so some of the fullness and size disappears as I get closer to competition time unless I'm fully flexed.
This past off season, I kept my diet very consistent and regular.  I didn't allow my body to get out of hand, and I lifted moderately heavy to heavy in the gym...legs and upper body.  I think in the past few years, I've been concerned about my biceps overpowering my shoulders, so I didn't focus as much on them.  If I were going to skip a body part, arms or chest were the choices.
I do three exercises for biceps and three for triceps (right now, I'm doing a tri-set of exercises for triceps).  I stick with moderate to moderately heavy weight and do about 10 to 18 reps per set, three sets per exercise.  The reps are done slowly...at about a 1-2-3 count, and I squeeze the peak of the bicep at the top of the exercise on each rep until it hurts.
I'm still concerned with my arms overpowering my shoulders on the figure stage.  It seems that arms are not an important body part for the figure competition, whereas shoulders tend to dominate the show.  So, my mindset switches back and forth between wanting desperately to lift heavy with curls and wanting to keep my biceps in check.

Thanks for replying Jodi.

Impressive offseason condition of course.

Your rep range for biceps looks interesting. Will definitely look into it.

I've always thought that physique judges were dickheads.  8)

Stick arms are in fashion I guess. Good luck with that and the wide ass shoulders.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2006, 06:51:58 PM »
I change up my bicep workouts on a whim.  As I said, my arms aren't a lagging body part, so I like having the freedom to be creative and impulsive.  I used to write down weeks in advance what my workouts would be.  I've learned to trust instinct when it comes to my body.  If I totally let go and quit worrying about every little thing, my instincts become very strong and very accurate.

Here's a bicep workout I've done:

Alternating dumbbell curls on an incline bench (the bench is set at about 70-degrees or so):  3 x 15
supersetted with
Hammer dumbbell curls on the same incline bench:  3 x failure (usually about 12 reps depending upon the weight I choose).

The key is to keep the shoulders and head back rather than forward and off the bench.

Standing barbell curls:  3 x 10 (I'll change up the grip...it might be a wider grip if I'm using a close grip on the following exercise.)

Lying cable curls, close grip on the bar:  3 x drop set (starting off with a very heavy weight that I can only do 10 to 12 and then dropping two to three times along the stack).

Okay...that's all of my secrets I'm going to give out.  If you want more, I insist on my $12.95!   ;D  LMAO!
Jodi

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2006, 07:48:11 PM »
Here's a couple of shots that display "The Guns of Jodi."

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2006, 07:00:19 AM »
Here's a pic from one of last years competitions.I was very pleased with my condition but need to add more size and thickness-especially in the front shots.

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2006, 07:01:30 AM »
Side Chest

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2006, 07:02:38 AM »
Tricep

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2006, 07:30:19 AM »
Looking good bro, size will come with time. 

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2006, 04:01:22 PM »
Side Chest

no disrespect....but why did you compete? i mean...,couldnt you have waited till youve trianed for at least a couple of years.
d[-_-]b actin all cool

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2006, 04:05:06 PM »
no disrespect....but why did you compete? i mean...,couldnt you have waited till youve trianed for at least a couple of years.

Don't talk with your mouth full.
just push some weight!

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2006, 06:22:05 PM »

Is that how long you plan to wait before posting your own photo on the forum?

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: March 12, 2006, 09:26:45 AM »
I decided to compete as I thought I could do well.In 2004 I won The NPA Central England Novice Title,in 2005 I won the NPA Heart of England Over 78 kg class,placed second in the South East and won the couples,placed 5th in the British Finals in the over 78s and won the couples and then represented Britain in the UIBBN World Championships in Paris placing 4th in the couples.How many shows have you won or even competed in???

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
« Reply #94 on: March 12, 2006, 10:22:11 AM »
People choose to compete for a vast array of reasons.  Not everyone is desperate to be freaky huge.  Some just want to achieve their own bar of excellence in size and conditioning.  Some want to log the experience in their book of life.  Some use competing as a stepping stone to other opportunities or as a milestone.

I've been guilty before of looking at a competitor on stage who doesn't meet the industry's "standards" of what should be on stage only to later find out that this person lost 60 pounds or more or had a baby in the past year or went through a tough time with a loss of a loved one.

Let's sit back and understand that not everyone is "going for the gold."  Some people just enjoy setting up a challenge for themselves and then meeting and even beating their own expectations.

That being said, I do think that the pros in our industry do need to be held to a particular standard, for they are competing for money and can/do represent the epitome of what the industry should be.
Jodi

Acerimmer1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #95 on: March 12, 2006, 11:47:24 AM »
I decided to compete as I thought I could do well.In 2004 I won The NPA Central England Novice Title,in 2005 I won the NPA Heart of England Over 78 kg class,placed second in the South East and won the couples,placed 5th in the British Finals in the over 78s and won the couples and then represented Britain in the UIBBN World Championships in Paris placing 4th in the couples.How many shows have you won or even competed in???

Have you got any offseason pictures?

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: March 12, 2006, 02:30:13 PM »
Not at the moment.I am currently about 2 stone heavier in ok condition(waist up to 32 inches though from 28 contest).I will try to get some sorted though.

Bones

• Getbig IV
  • 3rd pass thru the buffet line,had to undo my belt
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2006, 06:34:42 PM »
People choose to compete for a vast array of reasons.  Not everyone is desperate to be freaky huge.  Some just want to achieve their own bar of excellence in size and conditioning.  Some want to log the experience in their book of life.  Some use competing as a stepping stone to other opportunities or as a milestone.

I've been guilty before of looking at a competitor on stage who doesn't meet the industry's "standards" of what should be on stage only to later find out that this person lost 60 pounds or more or had a baby in the past year or went through a tough time with a loss of a loved one.

Let's sit back and understand that not everyone is "going for the gold."  Some people just enjoy setting up a challenge for themselves and then meeting and even beating their own expectations.

That being said, I do think that the pros in our industry do need to be held to a particular standard, for they are competing for money and can/do represent the epitome of what the industry should be.
AMEN! Couldn't have said it any better.
Vegas Buffets Rule!!

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2006, 08:23:25 PM »
Looking good bro, size will come with time. 
I agree, your conditioning looks great...its good that you have put on some size as long as you are hitting it hard in the weight room.  Good luck and don't let the a**holes get to you ;)
Jennifer

Bast175

« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2006, 09:24:07 PM »
this is an old pic, but it's taken from a news article right before the last of 3 shows i did in a 6-week span.  it took me 9 months to lose 75lbs.

75lb dumbbell shrugs, you're a beast! 

just kidding dude, look big in the pic.