Author Topic: guitar pickups?  (Read 1915 times)

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
Re: guitar pickups?
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2014, 10:23:03 AM »
Beautiful !!! I see an Flying V! You got some good taste my friend!!

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2014, 10:31:59 AM »
Beautiful !!! I see an Flying V! You got some good taste my friend!!

Yeah, I love Vs. They're my main guitars for both studio and live stuff.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2014, 10:38:09 AM »
Yeah, I love Vs. They're my main guitars for both studio and live stuff.
Never had one but im fascinated by them. I love my Les Pauls but one day I will get me a V. I always think im to old for them. lol Where you from if I may ask?

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2014, 10:42:38 AM »
Never had one but im fascinated by them. I love my Les Pauls but one day I will get me a V. I always think im to old for them. lol Where you from if I may ask?

I'm in Canada. No such thing as being too old imho. Shit, I'm close to 50 myself. I'm even back in school training for a new career.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2014, 10:56:35 AM »
I'm in Canada. No such thing as being too old imho. Shit, I'm close to 50 myself. I'm even back in school training for a new career.
Hahahaha im 49! That's pretty cool!My kids tell me to grow up! I feel like im in my 20s thou. I lived in L.A. Venice Ca. for 30 years and last year I went back to Austria. I jut needed to do something different. I was getting very bored in L.A What career you looking in to?

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2014, 11:22:53 AM »
Hahahaha im 49! That's pretty cool!My kids tell me to grow up! I feel like im in my 20s thou. I lived in L.A. Venice Ca. for 30 years and last year I went back to Austria. I jut needed to do something different. I was getting very bored in L.A What career you looking in to?

I don't think anyone ever really grows up. In my case it helps I look 30. haha! I'm almost finished the written part for my 4th Class Power Engineering ticket. Gonna head up to Ft. Mac in Alberta to get my steam time and then write the government exam to become certified. Tired of sitting in an office all day so a change will do me good.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 07:06:31 PM »
I don't think anyone ever really grows up. In my case it helps I look 30. haha! I'm almost finished the written part for my 4th Class Power Engineering ticket. Gonna head up to Ft. Mac in Alberta to get my steam time and then write the government exam to become certified. Tired of sitting in an office all day so a change will do me good.
That sounds great! What an achievement,  to get the engineering ticket! It is impressive! Congrats! Once you start slowing down you get old. Thats what I believe. Change is great,  im  happy I came back to Austria for a while. Been working  as a reporter /moderator for a show and its pretty interesting! I can still do the music thing on the side, without killing myself!

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2014, 07:36:57 PM »
Early 90's era Kinman for single coil.
Seymour D for everything else.
I  have some vintage gibo P90's that are awesome.
But best pick up is custom Seymour Paf pro he made in the late 70's. That lives in back position of my SG. 

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2014, 07:43:22 PM »
Early 90's era Kinman for single coil.
Seymour D for everything else.
I  have some vintage gibo P90's that are awesome.
But best pick up is custom Seymour Paf pro he made in the late 70's. That lives in back position of my SG.  
Those P90s are something. lol You know how much they are? A friend of mine sold his for 3000$ I kid you not.lol There is one set from the 50s on ebay right now for 1250$