Author Topic: Just checked out a Tesla auto this past weekend.  (Read 2785 times)

gym**rat

• Getbig V
Just checked out a Tesla auto this past weekend.
« on: April 17, 2014, 06:09:39 AM »
Very cool car. Running about $90k right now. They are coming out with a smaller SUV next year. Very little to go wrong with these autos. Battery runs about 300 miles. There are free Tesla charging stations all over the US. It takes about 20 mins to get another full charge. So the worst case on long trips is you take a 20 minute break every 4 1/2-5 hours. Extremely comfortable car. Horsepower rating ranges from 302 to 416. Not bad for an electric car. I am sure several Getbiggers already have 2-3 in their garage.  ;)

Model S

Motor

Dash

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Just checked out a Tesla auto this past weekend.
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 06:50:58 AM »
Teslas have surpassed the Prius as the go-to douche care.  So many fucking douches own them it's sickening.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 06:52:01 AM »
Teslas have surpassed the Prius as the go-to douche care.  So many fucking douches own them it's sickening.

I only sat in one. Does that me me a douche or just my ass since then is all that was touching it?

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 06:54:16 AM »
it looks great, saw one on the street not long ago

had to look twice, great looking car

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 06:55:04 AM »
I only sat in one. Does that me me a douche or just my ass since then is all that was touching it?

You need to come to socal.  Drive around the .01% areas and all you see now are Teslas. The douches that parked their ferraris and porsche's to show off how special they are for being environment friendly despite their 7000 sqft mansions sitting on 2 acres that consumes more water and energy than a small city block.

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2014, 06:58:36 AM »
You need to come to socal.  Drive around the .01% areas and all you see now are Teslas. The douches that parked their ferraris and porsche's to show off how special they are for being environment friendly despite their 7000 sqft mansions sitting on 2 acres that consumes more water and energy than a small city block.

I need to get back to socal, Arce owes me money. Sorry couldn't resist. I would not be interested in it to save the enviroment. Fuck the enviroment. I am sick of paying stupid ass high gas prices to make a bunch of low lifes rich. Being an ex-service technician I like the fact that there is little mechanical that can go wrong. But electrical is a whole nother story. Not sure how they are holding up.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2014, 07:17:20 AM »

Did you leave a puddle of your world famous sea monkeys?

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 07:21:08 AM »
Did you leave a puddle of your world famous sea monkeys?

Great question. There was a man and woman waiting on me to get out of it so they could jump in. I did not want them to soak up my ass sweat so when I got out I scooted like a dog across the carpet.
We all have demons, Sea Monkeys are mine....and itchy balls of course.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 07:28:31 AM »
Great question. There was a man and woman waiting on me to get out of it so they could jump in. I did not want them to soak up my ass sweat so when I got out I scooted like a dog across the carpet.
We all have demons, Sea Monkeys are mine....and itchy balls of course.

What would you say is worse? I'm going with sea monkeys since it's visible in public plus scratching your balls on a nice summer day just feels right sometimes.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 08:29:56 AM »
Ive checked them out as well, those things are awesome. You cant even tell the car is on csuse it is TOTALLY SILENT. The looks ergonomics and performance are all top notch.if i had the money id get onehave 3 in my garage already

gym**rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 10:38:47 AM »
Ive checked them out as well, those things are awesome. You cant even tell the car is on csuse it is TOTALLY SILENT. The looks ergonomics and performance are all top notch.if i had the money id get onehave 3 in my garage already

Did you get a chance to sit in it. I have a ton of metal and scar tissue in my back and that was one comfortable seat. I am afraid I would rear end people by playing with the dash display constantly. The seats in the trunk area facing the rear was a bit strange though. At least you will see that semi coming when it runs over the back end of your car.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2014, 10:49:00 AM »
Yes i did, it was awesome

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 10:51:58 AM »
I thought they were having trouble producing batteries fast enough...anybody know the status of that?

I'd love to be an asshole with a Tesla. If/when I have the money, that's probably what I'd get. Unless I'd rather not be ostentatious, in which case I'll get a mini :)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2014, 11:18:47 AM »
Establishing a network of charging stations seems like the major hurdle and cost.  It's a complete infrastructure revamp.  And waiting around for 20 minutes at established stations is a poor solution.  There must be a good reason they didn't go with automated battery swap.

mfw the electricity is generated from burning fossil fuels anyway and 50% of it gets pissed away in transmission, rectification, and storage inefficiency:  ::)  Idk maybe they've got it all worked out.

TEH boob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2014, 11:40:21 AM »
Establishing a network of charging stations seems like the major hurdle and cost.  It's a complete infrastructure revamp.  And waiting around for 20 minutes at established stations is a poor solution.  There must be a good reason they didn't go with automated battery swap.

mfw the electricity is generated from burning fossil fuels anyway and 50% of it gets pissed away in transmission, rectification, and storage inefficiency:  ::)  Idk maybe they've got it all worked out.

If people are concerned about fossil fuels they should use public trans or ride a bike. Buying a 90k machine hardly sounds environmentally conscious

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 01:00:35 PM »

exactly.  I love how people think they're saving the planet by not using gas but don't realize the amount of fuel burned to make that electricity they use to charge the car.  It doesn't matter about price, if electric cars ever surpass gas cars they'll just start charging more for electricity and gas will end up being a cheaper option.  These energy companies fucking own it all anyways.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 01:03:22 PM »
similar

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 01:09:21 PM »
Naw, wouldn't say that. I've talked to about 8-10 Tesla owners. They tend to be into the tech, and are really cool people. They are very knowledgeable about different topics. Intelligent people.

The Model S, I've seen this thing blow Camaro SS, Mustangs, and hooked up muscle cars, at stop lights.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 01:10:42 PM »

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 01:11:18 PM »
out of business
because you bitches cant afford it  :-\

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 01:24:16 PM »
similar

Model S is a four 4. The Jag XK is a two door GT, which has been discontinued. The F-type is selling well. And replaces that. The Jag XK will come back better.

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2014, 06:01:55 PM »
Very cool car. Running about $90k right now. They are coming out with a smaller SUV next year. Very little to go wrong with these autos. Battery runs about 300 miles. There are free Tesla charging stations all over the US. It takes about 20 mins to get another full charge. So the worst case on long trips is you take a 20 minute break every 4 1/2-5 hours. Extremely comfortable car. Horsepower rating ranges from 302 to 416. Not bad for an electric car. I am sure several Getbiggers already have 2-3 in their garage.  ;)

Paul Mutolo, of Cornell University’s Energy Materials Center, says that it has a range of only 141 miles. That's with no heat or air conditioning on, and driving slow.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2014, 06:52:13 PM »
Teslas are setting drivers ablazed everywhere

THE ARS

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2014, 06:57:40 PM »
Very little to go wrong with these autos.

If you say so.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2014, 07:03:11 PM »
What do the batteries cost and how long do they last?