Author Topic: The most dominant Mr. Olympia of all time - hands down!!  (Read 15239 times)

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
The most dominant Mr. Olympia of all time - hands down!!
« on: April 18, 2014, 05:17:57 AM »
Made other world class BB look like they skipped back day their entire lives.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: The most dominant Mr. Olympia of all time - hands down!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 05:21:43 AM »
Made other world class BB look like they skipped back day their entire lives.

X2.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHh

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 05:24:56 AM »
Ronnie was awesome.  Some of his pics are still cartoon like even after seeing them on multiple occasions.

But 93 Yates was the most dominant, based on how the contest went.
Y

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 05:32:16 AM »
Ronnie was awesome.  Some of his pics are still cartoon like even after seeing them on multiple occasions.

But 93 Yates was the most dominant, based on how the contest went.

DOMINANT ???  NO WAY ! That year you had a lot of classic physiques on stage and even Flex Wheeler in his first try taking second place almost winning the whole thing in first attempt ! at the end of the day it was more like apples and oranges ..

With Ronnie ...while he was flexing onstage you had the ENTIRE competition  backstage, watching his routine on a monitor, jaw dropped hoping they could take 2nd place.

That's how DOMINANT Ronnie was.

Yip Yip

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 05:35:58 AM »
I mean seriously, look at that pic, that's just silly.

Levrone looks like he never trained back his entire life next to Ronnie, and Kev was one of the Top 3 Bodybuilders in the world at that time :D

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 05:40:11 AM »

DOMINANT ???  NO WAY ! That year you had a lot of classic physiques on stage and even Flex Wheeler in his first try taking second place ! at the end of the day it was more like apples and oranges ..

The judges didn't see it that way.  Even the follow up articles we unanimous, saying Yates should have gotten 1st, 2nd, and 3rd since nobody was close to him.  He was barely called out.
Y

whitewidow

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2014, 05:43:09 AM »
All Mr.O's are great and have some crazy bodyparts. I would say if your judging by size Ronnie hands down was the best. Lb for LB I don"t know. Remember some of the guys in the 70's and early 80's were not doing HGH/Insulin protocols. They did get all Human grade AAS but that on top of insulin/HGH protocols is going to take somebodys physique to a diffrent level plus the guys in the later Era were using 4 times as much AAS plus exotics. Samir bannout had some freaky ass trcipes and just was grainy as hell so LB for lb it's a toss up.

I gotta say coming in-shape wat 300lb's with shredded ass cheeks is impressive. Dorian had a pretty thick/freaky back with crazy thick lats but he looked awful from the front a few years he won the Mr.O  , hell he won with a horribly torn bicep and other torn muscles ,dorian looked horrible from the front that year and a few others

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2014, 06:10:29 AM »
Now he looks something I dropped in the toilet this morning.

Remove the drugs and his muscles melted away.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2014, 06:12:31 AM »
All Mr.O's are great and have some crazy bodyparts. I would say if your judging by size Ronnie hands down was the best. Lb for LB I don"t know. Remember some of the guys in the 70's and early 80's were not doing HGH/Insulin protocols. They did get all Human grade AAS but that on top of insulin/HGH protocols is going to take somebodys physique to a diffrent level plus the guys in the later Era were using 4 times as much AAS plus exotics. Samir bannout had some freaky ass trcipes and just was grainy as hell so LB for lb it's a toss up.

I gotta say coming in-shape wat 300lb's with shredded ass cheeks is impressive. Dorian had a pretty thick/freaky back with crazy thick lats but he looked awful from the front a few years he won the Mr.O  , hell he won with a horribly torn bicep and other torn muscles ,dorian looked horrible from the front that year and a few others

That was a gift.  Dorian should've never won that show. 

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 06:34:31 AM »
Strong lack of Phil Heat in this thread

He blows ronnie away. According to Bob Chic he is the greatest ever. So that kinda settles it

Simple Simon

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 06:46:39 AM »
Haney.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2014, 06:48:07 AM »
Haney.

True, nobody really threatened Haney until Yates.
Y

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2014, 06:50:17 AM »
Pics

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 06:51:13 AM »
That's a back.

TIRANA2005

• Getbig I
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 07:00:26 AM »
  ARNOLD

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2014, 07:04:08 AM »
You can only compete against those that are put in front of you, therefore Dorian was the most dominant Mr Olympia.

He competed in the toughest era - Levrone, Shawn Ray, Wheeler, Nasser, Dillett, etc, were all at the peak of their careers, and he failed to lose to any of them, with a torn bicep to boot for most of the time. That's dominance.

Haney only had to compete against midgets like Gaspari and Labrada. The 80's was a poor era for bodybuilding.

Ronnie was beating older versions of the guys that Dorian beat in the twilight of their careers. And there were several Olympias he shouldn't have won - Martinez should have won one year and Levrone had him beat in another. It could also be argued that Flex should have won in 98. Plus his legacy is tarnished when he should have retired in 2005 after the 8th win. Instead his physique went to ratshit.

Arnold had to beat Oliva which was difficult but other than him there was little other competition.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2014, 07:18:05 AM »

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2014, 07:18:16 AM »

phil mcgroin

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2014, 07:24:36 AM »
Now he looks something I dropped in the toilet this morning.

Remove the drugs and his muscles melted away.

I don't understand why people discredit retired or even off season bodybuilders (not picking on you anabolic alot of guys do this)You dont do it to other athletes. You know from the start its because of drugs.I'd like to see majic Johnson try to get back on a pro court, or college or high school.These guys still made exceptional achievements.Do you somehow think cause Ronnie looks like you that you can somehow look like Ronnie did.I don't get it .Bodybuilders.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 07:37:18 AM »

I don't understand why people discredit retired or even off season bodybuilders (not picking on you anabolic alot of guys do this)You dont do it to other athletes. You know from the start its because of drugs.I'd like to see majic Johnson try to get back on a pro court, or college or high school.These guys still made exceptional achievements.Do you somehow think cause Ronnie looks like you that you can somehow look like Ronnie did.I don't get it .Bodybuilders.

It's because their bodies are a sham.  A façade.  Fake.  Artificial.  A canard.  A joke.  Not really theirs.  To be certain, natural bodybuilders lose their physiques as they age or when they stop training.

But not like the druggies.  And they don't tend to have the myriad of medical ("congenital" - HA!) problems that face idiots like Ronnie and the like. 

If the Beatles never sang a note with their own voices, if they never played a single instrument either in concert or album, would any think them to be as great as they are now held?  No way.

Same with Frank Sinatra or a host of other musical greats. 

These guys now have to look in the mirror of truth and live out the rest of their pathetically short lives as human versions of Shar Pei. 

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2014, 07:42:26 AM »

Not saying it wasn't an achievement, but much of his achievements were drug induced.  Sure, he had to bust his ass in the gym, but he would've NEVER looked like he did without boatloads of gear, GH, slin, diuretics, etc...

Not knocking AAS at all, just putting it into proper perspective.  

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2014, 07:54:11 AM »
Ronnie was so dominant that he beat himself.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2014, 08:15:19 AM »
Not saying it wasn't an achievement, but much of his achievements were drug induced.  Sure, he had to bust his ass in the gym, but he would've NEVER looked like he did without boatloads of gear, GH, slin, diuretics, etc...

Not knocking AAS at all, just putting it into proper perspective.  

That's pro bodybuilding 101.....
Y

HonestBob

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2014, 09:43:03 AM »

Thank you.  Now this guy was the most dominant bodybuilder ever.  After his third place debut he won every Mr O hands down and was miles ahead of every man on the planet.  No one, not even Ronnie, can say that.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2014, 09:48:38 AM »
it's because bbers bring out display the deepest insecurities in people

so they get hated on feverishly every chance joe average gets