Author Topic: ESPN's Stuart Scott battling cancer. Interviewed by Robin Roberts. Inspiring.  (Read 10088 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
You can't choose how you die from cancer. You can absolutely choose how you handle said cancer.

Pain is inevitable. Fear is inevitable. Serenity in those final days are only reserved for the strong willed.
Total bullshit optimism.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
I'm kinda put off by the phrase "battling cancer," which sometimes/often leads to one having "lost the battle." I know it's just figure of speech, but implies that it's someone within your control, or ultimately, you didn't fight hard enough.

Just venting, sorry.

(Not that you did this.)
Battling is the perfect word for it. Religion aside, miracles do happen. You don't give up until you take your last breath. Positive thinking while suffering from cancer, can't do any harm.

If you dwell on the fact that you will die, you will die.

If you believe that you will beat the disease, you still may die, but your family will be uplifted by your courage.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Battling is the perfect word for it. Religion aside, miracles do happen. You don't give up until you take your last breath. Positive thinking while suffering from cancer, can't do any harm.

If you believe that you will beat the disease, you still may die, but your family will be uplifted by your courage.

We're just gonna disagree on this. I'm probably more of a fatalist that way, with false hope and whatnot. I understand your point, though.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

::)

Show me a miracle you moron. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Newsflash, you will die anyways.  Theres nothing uplifting about being delusional.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Adam, I see right through you.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Adam, I see right through you.
Oh do you?

I am being serious.  Show me a miracle.  Oh thats right, there is no such thing.

Furthermore, blind optimism is dangerous.  Look at this moron Stuart Scott.  He wishes not to be informed of the state of his cancer.  He chooses to be in the dark.  This has severe repercussions as far as potential treatment options go and is a completely shitty thing to do to his family.  He has two daughters and they deserve to know how much longer daddy will be around for.

I see it as being selfish totally.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Oh do you?

I am being serious.  Show me a miracle.  Oh thats right, there is no such thing.

Furthermore, blind optimism is dangerous.  Look at this moron Stuart Scott.  He wishes not to be informed of the state of his cancer.  He chooses to be in the dark.  This has severe repercussions as far as potential treatment options go and is a completely shitty thing to do to his family.  He has two daughters and they deserve to know how much longer daddy will be around for.

Do you really think that? Millionaire Stuart Scott says: "Hey doc, don't tell me how bad it is, just give me the treatment necessary".

I think that is a great attitude. Why do you need a doctor to predict how long you "supposedly" have to live?

I would want to do it the exact same way.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Newsflash, you will die anyways.  Theres nothing uplifting about being delusional.
You can choose to give up or to fight. In most cases the latter will prolong your life. I have seen it happen.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Do you really think that? Millionaire Stuart Scott says: "Hey doc, don't tell me how bad it is, just give me the treatment necessary".

I think that is a great attitude. Why do you need a doctor to prdict how long you "supposedly" have to live?

I would want to do it the exact same way.
Obviously you know fuck all about cancer or anyone who has had it.  Yes, its a horrible decision to just say  "Hey doc, don't tell me how bad it is, just give me the treatment necessary".  There are many different approaches and experimental procedures, such as targeted therapy that require input from the patient.  The patient needs to be fully aware and educated on his status to go through with these treatments.

You are a moron.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Obviously you know fuck all about cancer or anyone who has had it.  Yes, its a horrible decision to just say  "Hey doc, don't tell me how bad it is, just give me the treatment necessary".  There are many different approaches and experimental procedures, such as targeted therapy that require input from the patient.  The patient needs to be fully aware and educated on his status to go through with these treatments.

You are a moron.
You are smart Adam, but I see what you try to do. You don't get over on me.  ;)

Simple Simon

You are smart Adam, but I see what you try to do. You don't get over on me.  ;)

You never learn do you pisshead.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Oh do you?

I am being serious.  Show me a miracle.  Oh thats right, there is no such thing.

Furthermore, blind optimism is dangerous.  Look at this moron Stuart Scott.  He wishes not to be informed of the state of his cancer.  He chooses to be in the dark.  This has severe repercussions as far as potential treatment options go and is a completely shitty thing to do to his family.  He has two daughters and they deserve to know how much longer daddy will be around for.

Why would you assume his doctors don't know? Seems he just doesn't want to know is all. And really, what difference would it make for his daughters to know whether he had years or months, etc.? So they can count down the days? I'm sure they're aware it's serious and are prepared for the worst. Not fair to call him a moron, but I know you like to be controversial that way.

Agree with you on "miracles," though.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
You never learn do you pisshead.
I learn enough that you try to engage me into a fight in every thread.

Have a nice evening Mr. Simon.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
any mention of dag gum heme-iron?
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
only a moron would change what they put in there bodies to not get that damn cancer in there bodies
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Why would you assume his doctors don't know? Seems he just doesn't want to know is all. And really, what difference would it make for his daughters to know whether he had years or months, etc.? So they can count down the days? I'm sure they're aware it's serious and are prepared for the worst. Not fair to call him a moron, but I know you like to be controversial that way.

Agree with you on "miracles," though.
A doctor usually is not going to go full aggressive unless the patient gives consent and is aware of the severity of the condition as well as the severity of the treatment.  Plus, its up to the patient to seek out experimental treatment and if you don`t know what you have or at what stage, you will have none of these options available.  The doctor is not there to make decisions for you.  The more educated a patient is, the more options are available.

He can MMA all he wants, but thats not going to do anything at all. 

As for the daughters, they may or may not know, but I don`t think Stuart is doing them any favors by keeping himself and his family in the dark as to the severity of his condition.  One could argue, since they don`t know, they are counting the days even moreso since they may think the end is near at any time.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
only a moron would change what they put in there bodies to not get that damn cancer in there bodies
Obesity and smoking are the highest causes of cancer though.  :-\

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Obesity and smoking are the highest causes of cancer though.  :-\
then that makes eating meat second or even first , every asshole i know that smokes eats meat also
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
who here thinks stuart scott should keep doing his bullshit mma and thinking positive, take his medicine (how will this turn out)

at least he has some sort of fitness angle if he dropped meat it would be gold for him

now adonis you cant possibly say that you would still eat meat if you were in his condition man

what if you were him , had cancer, enjoyed mma training, wouldnt you think that cutting out meat would be a good idea? please dont troll this response bro
A

ismoseppo

::)

Show me a miracle you moron. 

this
people and their fucking "its a miracle"
no such thing.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
life is a miracle.

amazing how we treat something miraculous
A

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
Stuart Scott has long been rumored to be a serious asshole.

Most of those who worked at ESPN with him pretty much loathe him.

I consider this karma.

So long, fucko.

As for Roberts, a pathetic dyke who manages to take it one step further by betraying her race since her gross partner is white.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V

I consider this karma.

So long, fucko.

As for Roberts, a pathetic dyke who manages to take it one step further by betraying her race since her gross partner is white.

i dont understand why the higher ups want her as the face of everything. race mixing is a decent argument but is it because the lord is actually gay? like gaylord?

there doesnt exist a "straightlord" not that im aware of
A

LittleJ

• Getbig V

I consider this karma.

So long, fucko.

Source? I've heard only good things about Mr. Scott.