Author Topic: +  (Read 23982 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: Jesus Christ is Risen!
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2014, 06:08:40 PM »
A friend that used to post here as "Reeves".   I used to look in here when he was alive, mostly at his bidding as he had a wit and was proud of it when he used it in his posts.  When he passed away I joined (that took forever to get approved!) to let some of the people here that he was very fond of know and just stayed because I used to be a bodybuilder and I do enjoy a great many of the threads here and the people that make up this place.

John was an Atheist and in fact used to be Christian but lost his faith but never his sense of humor nor manners.  Well, almost never his manners.   ;D  One of my dearest friends and as I said, an Atheist but lord he could make me laugh myself stoooopid and while I wish he hadn't lost his faith, he was and still is my friend.

I remember Reeves. I'm sorry he passed, I didn't know.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #76 on: April 19, 2014, 06:11:22 PM »
You really are dense, aren't you.  It's there, you just cannot see it because it's written for all to see, not just the rude and childish.

And no, you're not behaving as an asshole but rather a whole ass.  You just cannot deal with someone that does not care about the state of your soul and doesn't mind firing back an insult or two but with a pulchritudinous style far exceeding your own.   I was taught by two of the best. 

If you were half the man John was, you would know.   I miss him.

Nope, not dense at all. Except you still have not provided me with an answer.

I do not mind you firing back and I can deal with it. But like most people, you and others say we have to respect religion. But no one ever states why. Its just assumed we have to respect peoples religion.

Personally, I do not think it has anything to do with your style. I think it has more to do with the fact that you cannot provide me with an answer, so you try to be enigmatic about it by saying, "It's there, you just can't see it."  Come back when you have an answer and can actually debate the point, instead of pretending to be brilliant.  ::)
X

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: April 19, 2014, 06:12:07 PM »
I would find orange ladybug imposters in the basement, spear them with a pencil, and lift them up to the desk lamp. When it was pressed against the bulb, you could hear a sizzle and the smell of insects and grass permeated my nostrils.

They took a long time to die.

somehow you now seem attractive...

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #78 on: April 19, 2014, 06:28:21 PM »
Nope, not dense at all. Except you still have not provided me with an answer.

I do not mind you firing back and I can deal with it. But like most people, you and others say we have to respect religion. But no one ever states why. Its just assumed we have to respect peoples religion.

Personally, I do not think it has anything to do with your style. I think it has more to do with the fact that you cannot provide me with an answer, so you try to be enigmatic about it by saying, "It's there, you just can't see it."  Come back when you have an answer and can actually debate the point, instead of pretending to be brilliant.  ::)

I shall explain it to you as best I can and whether or not you understand it is entirely up to you.

I never nor will I ever tell anyone to "respect religion", in this case I simply state the Christ, the man known as Jesus of Nazareth is deserving of respect for the life He led.  His was a life of what is known as agape love.  Never did he rape, murder or steal as is the wont of men.  And this opposed to what is known of the two men I mentioned, Mohammed and Joseph Smith.

I have zero respect for those two deviants.  I put no stock in either men nor "religion".  I have my faith and share it freely but would never force you to be as I am.  Never.  If you have zero respect for a life such as that as led by Jesus of Nazareth, fine.  I get it.  You hate what He represents but as with false profits (and I misspelled it on purpose as a play on words) just don't try to justify your acts as being just.

Hopefully this will sate your curiosity, it should for it is easily understood.  If not, too bad. It is what it is .  Simple and to the point.    I have no respect for Islam nor LDS or for the religion of my own mother, Catholicism.  None.  I will respect the office  if the one who holds it merits that respect by both word and deed, but again, a religion as debauched as these three are deserves to be exposed.

It is said that a cult is simply a religion without political power.    To that I would add this.  Politics is a religion with unbridled power.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #79 on: April 19, 2014, 06:29:52 PM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2014, 06:37:08 PM »
I shall explain it to you as best I can and whether or not you understand it is entirely up to you.

I never nor will I ever tell anyone to "respect religion", in this case I simply state the Christ, the man known as Jesus of Nazareth is deserving of respect for the life He led.  His was a life of what is known as agape love.  Never did he rape, murder or steal as is the wont of men.  And this opposed to what is known of the two men I mentioned, Mohammed and Joseph Smith.

I have zero respect for those two deviants.  I put no stock in either men nor "religion".  I have my faith and share it freely but would never force you to be as I am.  Never.  If you have zero respect for a life such as that as led by Jesus of Nazareth, fine.  I get it.  You hate what He represents but as with false profits (and I misspelled it on purpose as a play on words) just don't try to justify your acts as being just.

Hopefully this will sate your curiosity, it should for it is easily understood.  If not, too bad. It is what it is .  Simple and to the point.    I have no respect for Islam nor LDS or for the religion of my own mother, Catholicism.  None.  I will respect the office  if the one who holds it merits that respect by both word and deed, but again, a religion as debauched as these three are deserves to be exposed.

It is said that a cult is simply a religion without political power.    To that I would add this.  Politics is a religion with unbridled power.

I respect the Buddha. I also respect Jains, whose fundamental idea is nonviolence. Both preach love and kindness. Buddha and Jains represent love and compassion and warmth and are highly against violence. I like what they represent.

Just because I do not respect JC, it does not mean I do not like what he represents us, as many different individuals and religions represent what JC represented. He is not the only one.
X

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2014, 06:40:42 PM »
Forever Risen!

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: April 19, 2014, 06:46:31 PM »

I respect the Buddha. I also respect Jains, whose fundamental idea is nonviolence. Both preach love and kindness. Buddha and Jains represent love and compassion and warmth and are highly against violence. I like what they represent.

Just because I do not respect JC, it does not mean I do not like what he represents us, as many different individuals and religions represent what JC represented. He is not the only one.

So you respect what He represents but not the man?  Are you this dismissive of the Buddha and Jains Dharma as you are toward the Christ?  Do you belittle them with equal zeal but maintain that their words and actions are worthy of respect but not them?  After all, they are not the only ones.

And I never said He was the only one.  For me He is the One.  Not you.  Me.  I have always maintained that none of us, myself included, know what awaits us at death.  I could be wrong. I could be right.  We will just have to die to see if we live again. 

I find it odd that you respect what is represented but not the person that lived and taught it or so it would seem given your thoughts quoted above.   Fine.  Your choice, not mine. 

It's turtles all the way down, you know.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #83 on: April 19, 2014, 06:56:26 PM »
So you respect what He represents but not the man?  Are you this dismissive of the Buddha and Jains Dharma as you are toward the Christ?  Do you belittle them with equal zeal but maintain that their words and actions are worthy of respect but not them?  After all, they are not the only ones.

And I never said He was the only one.  For me He is the One.  Not you.  Me.  I have always maintained that none of us, myself included, know what awaits us at death.  I could be wrong. I could be right.  We will just have to die to see if we live again.  

I find it odd that you respect what is represented but not the person that lived and taught it or so it would seem given your thoughts quoted above.   Fine.  Your choice, not mine.  

It's turtles all the way down, you know.

Jesus is a charlatan. And all of his so called miracles are trickery. Claiming to turn water into wine, heal the blind, etc. I do not respect people who engage in such trickery. Similar to how psychics take advantage of vulnerable people. One can almost say that Jesus was a narcissist. I do not respect people who engage in this sort of behavior.

Nope, I do not belittle Buddha or Jains.
X

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2014, 07:39:16 PM »

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: April 19, 2014, 08:30:05 PM »

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: April 19, 2014, 08:33:17 PM »

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #87 on: April 19, 2014, 08:38:00 PM »

Why should I show respect for you or for your religion? Please, give me a good reason. People are allowed to disrespect many people about a wide variety of topics. Why should religion hold some sacred place? People disrespect other peoples political opinions all the time. But that's okay? I am glad that religion does not hold a sacred place where it can't be criticized.

Amen to that!  ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2014, 08:40:39 PM »

Jesus is a charlatan. And all of his so called miracles are trickery. Claiming to turn water into wine, heal the blind, etc. I do not respect people who engage in such trickery. Similar to how psychics take advantage of vulnerable people. One can almost say that Jesus was a narcissist. I do not respect people who engage in this sort of behavior.

watch closing scene movie 'devils advocate'pacino 'devil'gives his boy kevin a lesson in'god'

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2014, 08:41:08 PM »
watch closing scene movie 'devils advocate'pacino 'devil'gives his boy kevin a lesson in'god'

Yes, that was a great speech. Its all true. :)
X

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #90 on: April 19, 2014, 08:41:38 PM »
some random dude got strung up on a cross like some other random dudes cause he probably broke the law or something. Big fucking deal. He didnt come back to life or rise again or whatever the term is. He died, game over.

he was no more special than any single person on this planet

You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

so get over it already. Religion, the planets biggest scam fooling people for century's

It only fools the weak minded, impressionable, ignorant and sometimes uneducated masses. Those who can think for themselves and think rationally, realize that it's some form of mass manipulation of the populace. Just thank God (pun intended) that you and others have the ability to have escaped the "cult" of religion. So many people die every year in the name of imaginary friends in the sky and sadly, that reduces human kind to that of our animal neighbors.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #91 on: April 19, 2014, 08:42:38 PM »

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #92 on: April 19, 2014, 08:44:22 PM »
X

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: April 19, 2014, 08:44:36 PM »

Why not? Above belittling?

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2014, 08:44:38 PM »
why dont you shake the fat from your head and quit relying on some book and invisible pretend guy to control your life, grab a backbone and do things the way you want

geezus you religious people are weak in the head

They've been brainwashed since a young age and will kill in the name of religion. Just pity the weak minded people and be fortunate that you're not one of them.

ismoseppo

« Reply #95 on: April 19, 2014, 08:47:33 PM »
They've been brainwashed since a young age and will kill in the name of religion. Just pity the weak minded people and be fortunate that you're not one of them.

hear hear agreed

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: April 19, 2014, 08:48:18 PM »

And that's the name of that tune.   For each of us, sleep is death without the responsibility.  Time for me to get some.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #97 on: April 19, 2014, 08:48:35 PM »
hear hear agreed

I hope Potato does not believe in God! :-\ :-\
X

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #98 on: April 19, 2014, 08:48:51 PM »
Happy Easter to all.

BTW, the title of your thread in PROPER English should be "Jesus HAS risen", not IS risen.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: April 19, 2014, 08:49:41 PM »

No one kills in the name of religion anymore, except Muslims. Perspective.