Author Topic: I love Getbig. the origin of the word love.  (Read 5903 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: I love Getbig. the origin of the word love.
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2014, 09:26:47 AM »
this. Just pure stupidity flows from him. Alcohol is a bitch
I know we are different Josh. You seem to be more of a "shoot the shit" type of guy, when it comes to your posting style.

I like to read and discuss things more in depth.

It's okay to be different. Thats what makes Getbig great.

FYI, I am not hammered.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2014, 09:27:13 AM »
If everyone thought like you, nobody would ever get a second chance at anything.

"Actions of the past" Oh really? You could apply that to 75% of Getbiggers. You know it too.

There's plenty of second chances.  You're looking for a 5th at this point (number of chances actually lowered to reflect witty alcohol reference)....
Y

ismoseppo

« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2014, 09:28:16 AM »
There's plenty of second chances.  You're looking for a 5th at this point (number of chances actually lowered to reflect witty alcohol reference)....

oooo well played sir

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2014, 09:28:50 AM »
Love is when you care about someone as much or more than you care about yourself. When their happiness is linked to your happiness. I don't believe in love at first sight and all that stuff, lust yes but not love. However, love for your own children is the most powerful emotion you can possibly feel.

ismoseppo

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2014, 09:29:21 AM »
I know we are different Josh. You seem to be more of a "shoot the shit" type of guy, when it comes to your posting style.

I like to read and discuss things more in depth.

It's okay to be different. Thats what makes Getbig great.

FYI, I am not hammered.

you are not intelligent. You try to go in  depth to make us think you are. But you are not. Christ you work at wal-mart, do they all of a sudden need PHd's there?

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2014, 09:30:19 AM »
Little early to be drinking, cirrhosis boy.

that is not a pretty sight

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2014, 09:30:52 AM »
Love is when you care about someone as much or more than you care about yourself. When their happiness is linked to your happiness. I don't believe in love at first sight and all that stuff, lust yes but not love. However, love for your own children is the most powerful emotion you can possibly feel.
Agreed with the children part. It must raise the stakes for sure, especially how you feel about the mother of said children.  But is it still love for the partner?

Why do so many couples seem to going through the motions after years of marriage?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2014, 09:32:20 AM »
you are not intelligent. You try to go in  depth to make us think you are. But you are not. Christ you work at wal-mart, do they all of a sudden need PHd's there?
Have a nice day Josh.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2014, 09:32:24 AM »
that is not a pretty sight

It's easier on the eyes than a Shizzo post.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2014, 09:36:02 AM »
;D Come on guys! I'm being serious.

I think the topic of love would make a great debate. That was the real reason I made the thread.

Come back when you are sober.

Or have a girlfriend.

One wont occur without the other.

the trainer

« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2014, 09:37:15 AM »
jesus shizzo its too early to be fucking drunk but i will bite on your drunken thread if you want love put down the fucking bottle and get in shape, this sat morn you could be walking a dog and talking to hot chicks in the park instead of being wasted alone at home.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2014, 09:38:52 AM »
Come back when you are sober.

Or have a girlfriend.

One wont occur without the other.
I'm not drunk.

Thanks for your contribution.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2014, 09:41:17 AM »
Now that Shitso has sold this account to Uncle June it has improved by 1.8%

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2014, 09:41:24 AM »

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2014, 09:42:51 AM »
I'm not drunk.

Thanks for your contribution.

It is the weekend, therefore you are drunk.

Averaging 90 units of alcohol in a weekend - you think you are even sober by Tuesday?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2014, 09:44:37 AM »
Sorry guys, from now on I will not put any thought into my threads.

I will now post more popular topics such as:

I stubbed my toe

I lost 3.5 pounds

I grilled food today

I baked muffins

Anything Jewish related

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2014, 09:45:29 AM »
How about discussing the time you lost your job @ Disney for putting your Pooh Trousers on backwards?

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2014, 09:47:03 AM »
Sorry guys, from now on I will not put any thought into my threads.

I will now post more popular topics such as:

I stubbed my toe

I lost 3.5 pounds

I grilled food today

I baked muffins

Anything Jewish related

How much did u pay in State Tax?

That's a hot topic for fat cockmunchers around here.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2014, 09:47:23 AM »

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2014, 10:59:09 AM »
Agreed with the children part. It must raise the stakes for sure, especially how you feel about the mother of said children.  But is it still love for the partner?

Why do so many couples seem to going through the motions after years of marriage?
Good question mate. Love can wax and wane just like the moon. You can fall out of love very easily and suddenly. Not always for a logical reason either. A good friend of mine found out his wife of 10 years had been cheating on him for three years. No one could understand why he didn't leave her. We went out for a few drinks one night and I asked him that very question. 'I love her' is all he said. She ended up leaving him so obviously not mutual.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2014, 11:08:51 AM »
Good question mate. Love can wax and wane just like the moon. You can fall out of love very easily and suddenly. Not always for a logical reason either. A good friend of mine found out his wife of 10 years had been cheating on him for three years. No one could understand why he didn't leave her. We went out for a few drinks one night and I asked him that very question. 'I love her' is all he said. She ended up leaving him so obviously not mutual.
Cheating is the ultimate sign of love being a strictly, human creation. The same as marriage.

The faithful men and woman in this world have the ultimate willpower. They are going against the very fabric that they were born with. To mate and pro-create with the best suitable partner.

The best suitable partner always changes in the wild. Is cheating really that blasphemous? Or is it simply mammals giving in to nature's design?

My personal opinion: Scumbags cheat while married or in a committed relationship.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2014, 11:17:35 AM »
Cheating is the ultimate sign of love being a strictly, human creation. The same as marriage.

The faithful men and woman in this world have the ultimate willpower. They are going against the very fabric that they were born with. To mate and pro-create with the best suitable partner.

The best suitable partner always changes in the wild. Is cheating really that blasphemous? Or is it simply mammals giving in to nature's design?

My personal opinion: Scumbags cheat while married or in a committed relationship.

Shitso....do you "love" the cock, or just really, really enjoy it?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2014, 11:19:32 AM »
Shitso....do you "love" the cock, or just really, really enjoy it?
My online name is Shizzo  ::) 

I am hetero, but do not knock other people who choose to love the same sex.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2014, 11:24:07 AM »
Love is a word used to describe one, if not the most, potent experiences available to humans. The word love was once *leubh, a word used by the Proto-Indo-Europeans approximately five thousand years ago to describe care and desire. When love was incorporated into Old English as lufu, it had turned into both a noun to describe, “deep affection” and its offspring verb, “to be very fond of”.

Love and Religion

One of the earliest uses of love, and its biggest influence, was religion. Love was used to describe the benevolence and affection of God, as well as the affectionate devotion due to God, “God is loue, and hee that dwelleth in loue, dwelleth in God” (John 4:16). From this widely recognized meaning, love began to be used to positively describe instances of affection or acts of kindness.

Falling in love

From Middle English onwards, the most popular meaning for love however was to describe a “beloved person” (1255)-especially one’s sweetheart. This naturally turned love into an intimate form of address which began to describe goings on of lovers such as love letters (c.1240) and love songs (c.1310). One could say that they had “fallen in love” with someone from 1423, and under a hundred years later that they were lovesick (1530). To make love (1580) meant to “pay amorous attention” to another person and it wasn’t till the middle of the twentieth century that it became a euphemism for sexual intercourse. The word love was introduced to tennis from 1742 to mean no score- from the notion of playing “for love”, came the notion “playing for nothing”.

Love and Sex

Of course the sexual meaning of love was present from the very beginnings of Old English, but it was not till the late 17th century that love was more strongly associated with sex. At first love was used to describe the personification of sexual affection in the form of cupid, “Wher’er her step in beauty moves, around her fly a thousand loves”. By the early 18th century however, love began to mean an illicit partner, or even sexual intercourse itself. From this meaning came the negative term love brat, or its modern form love child (1805), which described a child born out of wedlock. New meanings for love were still being created well into the 20th century- love life (1919) began to mean “one’s collective amorous activities” and was originally used as psychological jargon.

What “love” means from person to person, let alone from century to century, is one of the most varied in the English language. From describing one’s faith to God to describing a child born out of wedlock, the connotations for love are many and varied.

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2014, 11:28:17 AM »