Author Topic: Bodybuilder vs bjj fighter  (Read 3839 times)

the trainer

Bodybuilder vs bjj fighter
« on: April 19, 2014, 12:17:51 PM »
what happens when a bodybuilder  fights against a submission grappling silver medalist.

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
Re: Bodybuilder vs bjj fighter
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 12:29:14 PM »
Which one is the bodybuilder?

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 02:17:33 PM »
The Bodybuilder was holding back.  :D

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 02:25:21 PM »
Which one is the bodybuilder?

He is talking at 7:10

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 04:49:10 PM »
Instead of a world class Jui jitsu guy how about a steroid bodybuilder against a county champion high school wrestler? The results would be the same. That bodybuilder just looks out of shape. The delusion of muscle but no gas in the tank and zero conditioning. The jui jitsu guy you can tell at a glance he is in condition.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 05:12:21 PM »
This video proves nothing those who know already know: technique is fantastic ... and so, too, is size and strength.

In many ways, being in possession of a considerable degree of either can essentially "neutralize" the other and put the outcome again in the hands of chance and circumstance.

the trainer

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 05:27:11 PM »
Bodybuilder vs little guy in the street.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 06:07:53 PM »
This video proves nothing those who know already know: technique is fantastic ... and so, too, is size and strength.

In many ways, being in possession of a considerable degree of either can essentially "neutralize" the other and put the outcome again in the hands of chance and circumstance.

Skill, power, conditioning and to a lessor extend size and strength. If you have ever rolled on the mats in submission wrestling you can see big guy after big guy get submitted by guys with 14" arms. Same goes for boxing. I was the buff 23 year old bodybuilder who wanted to box back in the day.  I went into the gym with a guy that looked like he never lifted but he was an amateur fighter. Got my ass handed to me. He punched like a mule with a lot of power.  That's when I learned it's better to go for a run than do 20 sets of biceps. I learned from that and I ended four and one in boxing when I realize that getting hit in the face hurts and quit. I bet that jui jitsu guy in the video could beat the top ten Olympia contenders this year. It's just the truth.  It is apples to oranges though.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 06:41:08 PM »
Skill, power, conditioning and to a lessor extend size and strength. If you have ever rolled on the mats in submission wrestling you can see big guy after big guy get submitted by guys with 14" arms. Same goes for boxing. I was the buff 23 year old bodybuilder who wanted to box back in the day.  I went into the gym with a guy that looked like he never lifted but he was an amateur fighter. Got my ass handed to me. He punched like a mule with a lot of power.  That's when I learned it's better to go for a run than do 20 sets of biceps. I learned from that and I ended four and one in boxing when I realize that getting hit in the face hurts and quit. I bet that jui jitsu guy in the video could beat the top ten Olympia contenders this year. It's just the truth.  It is apples to oranges though.

Yeah, because he was so dominant against a guy only 200 pounds, right?  ::)

All you guys seem to think "rolling on the mats" or boxing in a ring is the same as an on-the-spot street fight.

It isn't. Not by a long shot.

I have both formal fight training and real-fight experience, and I can tell you, the two rarely connect in any real way.

If you're very large and very strong and powerful, on the street you're that much more formidable.

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 07:35:04 PM »
I bodybuilder is by no means weak..
however learn that bodybuilder some submission defence(6months), little boxing and you'll be looking at Bob Sapp vs Nogueira..
When that happened Sapp almost killed Nogueira, Nogueira won but not easy.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 07:36:43 PM »

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 02:55:45 AM »
Technique against Lenny didn't do much