Author Topic: John Meadows - Mountain Dog Diet Man  (Read 38360 times)

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
Re: John Meadows
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2014, 01:53:56 AM »

i thought you said you believed in hypertrophy.
lål

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2014, 02:04:54 AM »
:-\

He's got that "old roider" disgusting look about him, just like Palumbo. And that destroyed look to the abs. What is the major factor leading to this result?

Got that "old poeple veins over old people thin skin". Truly disgusting, should have retired a long time ago.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2014, 02:08:43 AM »
monkey see monkey do, people are already using cattle prods now in Ireland for training because John Meadows does it  ::)
I train in Limerick Ronan and we have been getting hit with cattle prods for years....this guy must be a newbie

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2014, 03:27:19 AM »
I train in Limerick Ronan and we have been getting hit with cattle prods for years....this guy must be a newbie
love your avatar

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2014, 05:35:07 AM »
I don't care how much muscle he carries or how conditioned he is, he looks like shit. I would rather look like shizzo than like him. His face is always purplish-red, he looks like he was about to collapse but he still mumbles about "healthy" food and shit like that. Yeah, like "grass fed" shit is gonna help you when you are on 5 grams of gear, moron.

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2014, 05:43:36 AM »
I don't care how much muscle he carries or how conditioned he is, he looks like shit. I would rather look like shizzo than like him. His face is always purplish-red, he looks like he was about to collapse but he still mumbles about "healthy" food and shit like that. Yeah, like "grass fed" shit is gonna help you when you are on 5 grams of gear, moron.

This

I don't get it why guys like him act like health freaks, mumbling about "grass fed", "almond milk", "whole grain mega fibre" etc. Why bother with stuff like that when their livers/kidneys will collapse anyway? 5% extra sodium from shitty meat sources are the least of their health problems.  ::)

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2014, 05:52:15 AM »

I am guessing quite a bit more than 5g...

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2014, 05:57:02 AM »
John Meadows. :D

This is the same guy that dropped bodyfat, gained muscle (11lbs of stage weight), gained strength, got into contest shape with an off season diet and could "probably squat 1000lbs".
All this by simply using a Bio-Test supplement. :o

http://www.t-nation.com/store/products/plazma

http://www.t-nation.com/store/articles/john-meadows-contest-shape

http://www.t-nation.com/store/articles/john-meadows-mag-10-experience

::) 

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2014, 05:58:47 AM »

This is the same guy that dropped bodyfat, gained muscle (11lbs of stage weight), gained strength, got into contest shape with an off season diet and could "probably squat 1000lbs".

Yes! I rocked that Biotest store after reading that! I got $850 worth of awesome! A 30 day supply too!

edit: sadly, IRL, there once was a time that I bought Mag-10. Sob.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2014, 05:59:38 AM »

No bull! 100% hardcore truth.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2014, 11:00:19 AM »
imagine combining cattleprods with occlusion training

:o

Causing a restricted blood flow to any body part run the risk of compartment syndrome IF that blood flow doesn't release. He's a smart guy, but if he's going to do research and apply it he has to look and the risk's vs. the rewards. I've dealt with this on several occasions with athletes. 

If you DON'T know what compartment syndrome is....

Compartment syndrome

Last reviewed: August 11, 2012.

Compartment syndrome is a serious condition that involves increased pressure in a muscle compartment. It can lead to muscle and nerve damage and problems with blood flow.

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

Thick layers of tissue, called fascia, separate groups of muscles in the arms and legs from each other. Inside each layer of fascia is a confined space, called a compartment. The compartment includes the muscle tissue, nerves, and blood vessels. Fascia surrounds these structures, similar to the way in which insulation covers wires.

Fascia do not expand. Any swelling in a compartment will lead to increased pressure in that area, which will press on the muscles, blood vessels, and nerves. If this pressure is high enough, blood flow to the compartment will be blocked. This can lead to permanent injury to the muscle and nerves. If the pressure lasts long enough, the muscles may die and the arm or leg will not work any more. It may need to be amputated.

Swelling that leads to compartment syndrome occurs from trauma such as a car accident or crush injury, or surgery. Swelling can also be caused by complex fractures or soft tissue injuries due to trauma.

Long-term (chronic) compartment syndrome can be caused by repetitive activities, such as running. The pressure in a compartment only increases during that activity.

Compartment syndrome is most common in the lower leg and forearm, although it can also occur in the hand, foot, thigh, and upper arm.

Symptoms

Compartment syndrome causes severe pain that does not go away when you take pain medicine or raise the affected area. In more severe cases, symptoms may include:

•Decreased sensation

•Numbness and tingling

•Paleness of skin

•Severe pain that gets worse

•Weakness

Signs and tests

A physical exam will reveal:

•Pain when the area is squeezed

•Extreme pain when you move the affected area (for example, a person with compartment syndrome in the foot or lower leg will have severe pain when moving the toes up and down)

•Swelling in the area

To confirm the diagosis, the doctor or nurse may need to directly measure the pressure in the compartment. This is done using a needle attached to a pressure meter, which is placed into the body area. The test must be done during and after an activity that causes pain.

Treatment

Surgery is needed immediately. Delaying surgery can lead to permanent damage.

Long surgical cuts are made through the muscle tissue to relieve the pressure. The wounds can be left open (covered with a sterile dressing) and closed during a second surgery, usually 48 - 72 hours later.

Skin grafts may be needed to close the wound.

If a cast or bandage is causing the problem, the dressing should be loosened or cut down to relieve the pressure.

Expectations (prognosis)

With prompt diagnosis and treatment, the outlook is excellent for recovery of the muscles and nerves inside the compartment. However, the overall prognosis will be determined by the injury leading to the syndrome.

Permanent nerve injury and loss of muscle function can result if the diagnosis is delayed. This is more common when the injured person is unconscious or heavily sedated and cannot complain of pain. Permanent nerve injury can occur after 12 - 24 hours of compression.

Complications

Complications include permanent injury to nerves and muscles that can dramatically impair function. (See: Volkmann's ischemia)

In more severe cases, amputation may be required.

Calling your health care provider

Call your health care provider if you have had an injury and have severe swelling or pain that does not improve with pain medications.

Prevention

There is probably no way to prevent this condition; however, early diagnosis and treatment will help prevent many of the complications.

Persons with casts need to be made aware of the risk of swelling. They should see their health care provider or go to the emergency room if pain under the cast increases despite pain medicines and raising the area.

References
1.Twaddle BC, Amendola A. Compartment syndrome. In: Browner BD, Jupiter JB, Levine AM, Trafton PG, Krettek C, eds. Skeletal Trauma. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Saunders Elsevier;2008:chap 13.
2.Geiderman JM, Katz D. General principles of orthopedic injuries. In: Marx J, ed. Rosen’s Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Mosby Elsevier; 2009:chap 46.
3.Marshall ST, Browner BD. Emergency care of musculoskeletal injuries. In: Townsend CM Jr, Beauchamp RD, Evers BM, Mattox KL,eds. Sabiston Textbook of Surgery. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Saunders Elsevier; 2012:chap 20.

Review Date: 8/11/2012.

Reviewed by: Linda J. Vorvick, MD, Medical Director and Director of Didactic Curriculum, MEDEX Northwest Division of Physician Assistant Studies, Department of Family Medicine, UW Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Washington. C. Benjamin Ma, MD, Assistant Professor, Chief, Sports Medicine and Shoulder Service, UCSF Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, A.D.A.M. Health Solutions, Ebix, Inc.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2014, 11:03:07 AM »
I'm all for progressive methods, but BOT always scares me a bit in regards to being cautious of neurology.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2014, 11:07:02 AM »
Coach, lots of places are extolling the virtues of occlusion training. I think it sounds retarded. Despite than compartment syndrome, do you have any use for it?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2014, 11:09:45 AM »
Coach, lots of places are extolling the virtues of occlusion training. I think it sounds retarded. Despite than compartment syndrome, do you have any use for it?

None. As much as I hate to agree with the two idiots in the last video, they're right.

Pericles

• Getbig II
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2014, 11:14:33 AM »

Causing a restricted blood flow to any body part run the risk of compartment syndrome IF that blood flow doesn't release. He's a smart guy, but if he's going to do research and apply it he has to look and the risk's vs. the rewards. I've dealt with this on several occasions with athletes. 

If you DON'T know what compartment syndrome is....

Compartment syndrome

Last reviewed: August 11, 2012.

Compartment syndrome is a serious condition that involves increased pressure in a muscle compartment. It can lead to muscle and nerve damage and problems with blood flow.

Causes, incidence, and risk factors

Thick layers of tissue, called fascia, separate groups of muscles in the arms and legs from each other. Inside each layer of fascia is a confined space, called a compartment. The compartment includes the muscle tissue, nerves, and blood vessels. Fascia surrounds these structures, similar to the way in which insulation covers wires.

Fascia do not expand. Any swelling in a compartment will lead to increased pressure in that area, which will press on the muscles, blood vessels, and nerves. If this pressure is high enough, blood flow to the compartment will be blocked. This can lead to permanent injury to the muscle and nerves. If the pressure lasts long enough, the muscles may die and the arm or leg will not work any more. It may need to be amputated.

Swelling that leads to compartment syndrome occurs from trauma such as a car accident or crush injury, or surgery. Swelling can also be caused by complex fractures or soft tissue injuries due to trauma.

Long-term (chronic) compartment syndrome can be caused by repetitive activities, such as running. The pressure in a compartment only increases during that activity.

Compartment syndrome is most common in the lower leg and forearm, although it can also occur in the hand, foot, thigh, and upper arm.

Symptoms

Compartment syndrome causes severe pain that does not go away when you take pain medicine or raise the affected area. In more severe cases, symptoms may include:

•Decreased sensation

•Numbness and tingling

•Paleness of skin

•Severe pain that gets worse

•Weakness

Signs and tests

A physical exam will reveal:

•Pain when the area is squeezed

•Extreme pain when you move the affected area (for example, a person with compartment syndrome in the foot or lower leg will have severe pain when moving the toes up and down)

•Swelling in the area

To confirm the diagosis, the doctor or nurse may need to directly measure the pressure in the compartment. This is done using a needle attached to a pressure meter, which is placed into the body area. The test must be done during and after an activity that causes pain.

Treatment

Surgery is needed immediately. Delaying surgery can lead to permanent damage.

Long surgical cuts are made through the muscle tissue to relieve the pressure. The wounds can be left open (covered with a sterile dressing) and closed during a second surgery, usually 48 - 72 hours later.

Skin grafts may be needed to close the wound.

If a cast or bandage is causing the problem, the dressing should be loosened or cut down to relieve the pressure.

Expectations (prognosis)

With prompt diagnosis and treatment, the outlook is excellent for recovery of the muscles and nerves inside the compartment. However, the overall prognosis will be determined by the injury leading to the syndrome.

Permanent nerve injury and loss of muscle function can result if the diagnosis is delayed. This is more common when the injured person is unconscious or heavily sedated and cannot complain of pain. Permanent nerve injury can occur after 12 - 24 hours of compression.

Complications

Complications include permanent injury to nerves and muscles that can dramatically impair function. (See: Volkmann's ischemia)

In more severe cases, amputation may be required.

Calling your health care provider

Call your health care provider if you have had an injury and have severe swelling or pain that does not improve with pain medications.

Prevention

There is probably no way to prevent this condition; however, early diagnosis and treatment will help prevent many of the complications.

Persons with casts need to be made aware of the risk of swelling. They should see their health care provider or go to the emergency room if pain under the cast increases despite pain medicines and raising the area.

References
1.Twaddle BC, Amendola A. Compartment syndrome. In: Browner BD, Jupiter JB, Levine AM, Trafton PG, Krettek C, eds. Skeletal Trauma. 4th ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Saunders Elsevier;2008:chap 13.
2.Geiderman JM, Katz D. General principles of orthopedic injuries. In: Marx J, ed. Rosen’s Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Mosby Elsevier; 2009:chap 46.
3.Marshall ST, Browner BD. Emergency care of musculoskeletal injuries. In: Townsend CM Jr, Beauchamp RD, Evers BM, Mattox KL,eds. Sabiston Textbook of Surgery. 19th ed. Philadelphia, Pa: Saunders Elsevier; 2012:chap 20.

Review Date: 8/11/2012.

Reviewed by: Linda J. Vorvick, MD, Medical Director and Director of Didactic Curriculum, MEDEX Northwest Division of Physician Assistant Studies, Department of Family Medicine, UW Medicine, School of Medicine, University of Washington. C. Benjamin Ma, MD, Assistant Professor, Chief, Sports Medicine and Shoulder Service, UCSF Department of Orthopaedic Surgery. Also reviewed by David Zieve, MD, MHA, Medical Director, A.D.A.M. Health Solutions, Ebix, Inc.

Might want to read more on occlusion training before you pretend you understand it.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22105051
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3209675/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19927034

Waay too much research showing it works and is safe dude.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2014, 11:22:29 AM »

Might want to read more on occlusion training before you pretend you understand it.

Thank's Layne for pointing that out. Are you doubting the compartment syndrome theory? Actually it's not even a theory. Best you research the soft-tissue damage that may occur because of restriction. I also want to point that I didn't say compartment syndrome WOULD happen, I stated the possibilities.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2014, 11:23:42 AM »
Has anyone tried his inner workout drink?

(mountain dog diet as pdf)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2014, 11:28:06 AM »

I also want to point out that I have first hand experience with athletes with compartment syndrome. This conditioning is no joke. What is your first hand experience with CS?

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2014, 11:48:34 AM »

A "drink?" Looking at the ingredients, I would wager that it would have the consistency of spackle.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2014, 11:53:09 AM »
A "drink?" Looking at the ingredients, I would wager that it would have the consistency of spackle.

With at least 500 cc of water, of course  ;)

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2014, 12:47:17 PM »

Carbs, creatine, and amino acids?  One of the great fitness minds of our time

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2014, 12:54:20 PM »
Carbs, creatine, and amino acids?  One of the great fitness minds of our time

The secret sauce is getting hit by a taser while you're "drinking" it.

Pericles

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2014, 01:50:07 PM »

That's not his intra workout drink.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2014, 02:36:39 PM »

can i ask you all a serious question?

meadows is apparently 'the guy' when it comes to 'knowledge' of training and diet.

then WHY does he look like shit.

think about this. could it be because what you learn thru studies and the 'texts' dont necessarily apply in real life?

lots of smart guys out there. all look like shit.

think about it.
b

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2014, 02:47:23 PM »

Please give us your non google-ized reasoning for how occlusion training will cause compartment syndrome.  You've had 'first hand experience' with it.  Were they using occlusion training, or was there something else?  If the latter (which is most likely) pray tell what was that cause?

Were you aware that AAS can cause compartment syndrome?  Even if you planned on throwing acute compartment syndrome into the mix...that is caused most often with injuries (such as broken arm or leg) which not only will involve blood but also edema.  Also, it takes a few hours to develop the acute compartment syndrome.  There are many many, many more ailments that can cause compartment syndrome than someone performing some bicep curls.  Wrapping someone's knees with wraps before a squat or deadlift is more likely to cause compartment syndrome due to the amount of compression of the wrap versus some BP cuff on the arms.

Were you aware of the promising effects of occlusion training when they were used with people that had inclusion body myositis?  Did you also know that the vascular occlusion training has been shown to help with post surgical muscle maintenance?

Of course you did.