Author Topic: US vs Euro cars  (Read 23721 times)

latiuss

• Getbig IV
Re: US vs Euro cars
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2014, 03:03:47 PM »

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2014, 03:05:33 PM »
amg should be McClaren

amg motors are supposedly handbuilt... although there'a a lot produced each year, I'm suspicious how they'd build 10k per year by hand.... but anyways, the S63 or S65, (the list could go on, i'll stop there) are great cars.. I suppose the equivalent would be a AMG=Rolex or Omega, as opposed to a Patek.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2014, 03:08:32 PM »
amg motors are supposedly handbuilt... although there'a a lot produced each year, I'm suspicious how they'd build 10k per year by hand.... but anyways, the S63 or S65, (the list could go on, i'll stop there) are great cars.. I suppose the equivalent would be a AMG=Rolex or Omega, as opposed to a Patek.

Amg's fucking nice but not same cat as rarri mclaren pagani  etc rolex a much better comparison lol

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2014, 03:13:37 PM »
Amg's fucking nice but not same cat as rarri mclaren pagani  etc rolex a much better comparison lol

I'm not a fan of McLaren. hated them for years in F1. lol. I'm a Ferrari fan, and always will be.

make me choose between an SLR and an old 360 Modena, i'll the the Modena every time.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2014, 03:16:52 PM »
I'm not a fan of McLaren. hated them for years in F1. lol. I'm a Ferrari fan, and always will be.

make me choose between an SLR and an old 360 Modena, i'll the the Modena every time.

oh yeah my favs are in this order rarri gini pagini/mercs mclaren

this is unpractical as fuck but after laferrari and the 458 its my fav hardtop aswell

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2014, 04:17:58 PM »
Do you realize that Ferrari pays GM for a version of their magnetic ride technology that is not even as current as the one they use in the C7 Corvette?   ::)

Most higher end Euro brands are going after a different sports car market than Corvette or Viper, and for that reason there's no regular American production car that costs well into the hundreds of thousands like there are with the Euro brand.

But if you want to compare, pick Euro cars that are in the same price range as a Corvette - or even say within double of the Corvette's price range lol, and then compare.

Practically all the top lap times here are with the lower priced American counterparts.  http://fastestlaps.com/tracks/laguna_seca.html

Outright speed isn't everything , euros have a pedigree American cars can only dream of and I like some of the American cars , who cares about price or price range , any one that can afford Ferraris , lambos, don't give a shit about vettes, camaros , etc..

Like esfitness said:

Timex/Casio versus Rolex/breitling etc..

They all tell time but those who get it get it those who don't don't , no need to justify price and ring times and all that nonsense.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2014, 07:58:22 PM »
when you buy a Ferrari, you're paying for an experience each time you get behind the wheel. same as each time you put on a panerai vs a gshock.

the look, the feel, the sound, the smell, the noise, ect... that's what you pay for in a Ferrari (or other exotic), not the sterile, fit & feel of a mass produced American 'exotic'... just isn't the same.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2014, 09:52:40 PM »
when you buy a Ferrari, you're paying for an experience each time you get behind the wheel. same as each time you put on a panerai vs a gshock.

the look, the feel, the sound, the smell, the noise, ect... that's what you pay for in a Ferrari (or other exotic), not the sterile, fit & feel of a mass produced American 'exotic'... just isn't the same.

the interiors of ferraris are beautiful  craftmanship...

Dipadidu

• Getbig IV
  • any problems? work out!
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2014, 10:31:09 PM »
Amg's fucking nice but not same cat as rarri mclaren pagani  etc rolex a much better comparison lol

Yeah... That's why Pagani uses AMGs Motors...

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2014, 10:37:20 PM »
Yeah... That's why Pagani uses AMGs Motors...

its the way they are made etc you see it could use a ford engine but they tweak that engine and then put it into a hand made beautifully crafted car of automotive excellence.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2014, 10:39:11 PM »

the interiors of ferraris are beautiful  craftmanship...

for the most part, but there were a few were corners were cut (355/360) in some areas (dash and floor for example).. but the 612 is/was fucking perfect, and they can be had for less than 100k... fella I know picked up an '08 for less than $120k (too bad it was a dark blue  :-\ lol... and too bad he's not a fan of aftermarket exhausts.. a Tubi would sound great. I'm unaware if capristo makes an exhaust for the 612)

Aston's sound great, but it's still british.  :(

I like the Maserati's interiors, but the way the seats and steering wheel line up isn't comfortable.

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #61 on: April 21, 2014, 11:31:50 PM »
cars made by europeans> cars made by japanese> cars made by australians> cars made by africans > cars made by penguins> ameruicyuana  cars

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: April 21, 2014, 11:42:25 PM »

Heres why your a mug
Rolls-Royce,Bentley,mclaren,ariel,tvr,landrover,jaguar,lotus,bristol,morgan,noble, just to name a few british car manufacturers.

Also Rolls Royce made on british soil in Goodwood, which ive been to the race track which their production facilities and headquarters are near.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #63 on: April 21, 2014, 11:43:51 PM »
cars made by europeans> cars made by japanese> cars made by australians> cars made by africans > cars made by penguins> ameruicyuana  cars

I dunno if I'd lump all European cars in the same group.

that puts Aston's, jags, Renaults, Citroens, tvr's, ect.. in the same group as benz, audi, bmw, Ferrari/Maserati, lambo (which are more german thanks to audi/volkswagon.. same with Bentley/rolls/bmw, ect..), pagani.

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #64 on: April 21, 2014, 11:48:37 PM »
I dunno if I'd lump all European cars in the same group.

that puts Aston's, jags, Renaults, Citroens, tvr's, ect.. in the same group as benz, audi, bmw, Ferrari/Maserati, lambo (which are more german thanks to audi/volkswagon.. same with Bentley/rolls/bmw, ect..), pagani.
class vs class

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2014, 12:04:49 AM »
took these pics tonight and it later reminded me of this thread lol

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2014, 12:10:52 AM »
NICE ! I like gini's in white, the vette would look alot nicer in all black imo

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2014, 01:26:28 AM »
for the most part, but there were a few were corners were cut (355/360) in some areas (dash and floor for example).. but the 612 is/was fucking perfect, and they can be had for less than 100k... fella I know picked up an '08 for less than $120k (too bad it was a dark blue  :-\ lol... and too bad he's not a fan of aftermarket exhausts.. a Tubi would sound great. I'm unaware if capristo makes an exhaust for the 612)

I like the Maserati's interiors, but the way the seats and steering wheel line up isn't comfortable.

Yes until recently ferrari and lambo interiors were shit! Thanks to Audi quality went up and ferrari until the f430 and recent 458 gotten a lot better.

I've been in most all modern Ferraris and lambos and even driven a few, they are a lot better built now then the 308/348/355/360 days

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2014, 01:45:43 AM »
NICE ! I like gini's in white, the vette would look alot nicer in all black imo

I've got a comparo of that handy too :)

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2014, 02:00:17 AM »
I've got a comparo of that handy too :)

im not a fan of vettes but that stingray? does look pretty tasty in black .

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2014, 02:24:26 AM »

DAT ASS DOE!

That's a show stopper in the street. Ferrari have really upped their game.

I'm sure the Arabs will be buzzing around with this model around London very soon.
S

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2014, 02:39:37 AM »
That's a show stopper in the street. Ferrari have really upped their game.

I'm sure the Arabs will be buzzing around with this model around London very soon.

With a chrome gold paint job ::) arabs proof money cant buy class tacky bastards lol

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2014, 02:47:38 AM »

With a chrome gold paint job ::) arabs proof money cant buy class tacky bastards lol

You mean this guy? Iraqi Londoner:

I wouldn't want to be seen in it dead....and for me to say this about a ferrari takes a lot.

S

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2014, 02:51:37 AM »
You mean this guy? Iraqi Londoner:

I wouldn't want to be seen in it dead....and for me to say this about a ferrari takes a lot.

Agreed, what a clown.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2015, 06:06:46 AM »
2015 Audi Lighting The Swarm