Author Topic: what you think of my friend advice needed  (Read 2555 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
what you think of my friend advice needed
« on: April 20, 2014, 04:58:09 PM »
he can play  anything he has in the past looking to improve

A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: what you think of my friend advice needed
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 05:04:34 PM »
this dude can whip out any guitar hit off ear im hoping to help get him noticed hes good guy some hard livin, he want me to help manage him
A

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 05:25:15 PM »
this dude can whip out any guitar hit off ear im hoping to help get him noticed hes good guy some hard livin, he want me to help manage him

Yeah, but can he rebuild a Rochester 4bbl Carburetor?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 05:34:18 PM »
i think he knows how to yank out a transmission at the junkyard and rig it to his truck
A

TEMPER

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 05:36:27 PM »
There is a huge market for rough, indie, bluesy, jammers that can just rock and look like they've lived in the streets and shit...

He could do exactly what he did in that vid in any small bar across the country and easily make $100 and a couple free beers / meals per night for a couple week run...But he would have to have a solid repertoire to be able to jam for 5 hours straight from like 9-2am or so.

Also needs a chill drummer, and a basic bass line just to round it out and be able to play some other shit, I could see him ramblin some Nirvana covers...Alice in chains etc. at some bar, easily has the character in his voice like he's lived a hard life.

People want musicians to be rough and edgy not perfect little spoon fed pussies, gotta have scars and a few missing teeth to really intimidate people into realizing that they couldn't do it themselves, it's a persona, a certain aura around a real rocker that takes a hard rough boozin and druggin hobo life to really sell..

THE ARS

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 05:37:59 PM »

I have.

Damn.

Getting old.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 05:38:22 PM »
There is a huge market for rough, indie, bluesy, jammers that can just rock and look like they've lived in the streets and shit...

He could do exactly what he did in that vid in any small bar across the country and easily make $100 and a couple free beers / meals per night for a couple week run...But he would have to have a solid repertoire to be able to jam for 5 hours straight from like 9-2am or so.

Also needs a chill drummer, and a basic bass line just to round it out and be able to play some other shit, I could see him ramblin some Nirvana covers...Alice in chains etc. at some bar, easily has the character in his voice like he's lived a hard life.

People want musicians to be rough and edgy not perfect little spoon fed pussies, gotta have scars and a few missing teeth to really intimidate people into realizing that they couldn't do it themselves, it's a persona, a certain aura around a real rocker that takes a hard rough boozin and druggin hobo life to really sell..

hahah great post 10/10
A

THE ARS

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 05:43:41 PM »

Jack White looks like a girl.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 05:46:44 PM »
He's got some talent for sure.

Strikes me as the type of guy that drinks 30 beers a night and then rants unintelligibly about Obama, Muslims, Arabs, homosexuals and immigrants.....he's got country/southern rocker written all over him!!!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 07:57:25 PM »
Are you fucking serious?

There are a million guys like him. Nothing special.

On a scale of 1 - 10 he might make a 5... once in a while. He is the type of guy who would either play in the streets or (barely) in a bar. Doubt that he remembers chord changes well.

Just callin it as I see cuz you asked? Am I qualified to critique properly.

That would be a "yes"

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 08:01:10 PM »
Are you fucking serious?

There are a million guys like him. Nothing special.

On a scale of 1 - 10 he might make a 5... once in a while. He is the type of guy who would either play in the streets or (barely) in a bar. Doubt that he remembers chord changes well.

Just callin it as I see cuz you asked? Am I qualified to critique properly.

That would be a "yes"
thats cool man just tryin to help the guy out, in 50 more years everyone will be nearly all the same in knowledge, strength and talent relative to there heights there will be very little difference in the future
A

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 09:33:40 PM »
he can play  anything he has in the past looking to improve

If he would know how to play and be better looking he still would suck. I hope this helps!

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 09:50:27 PM »
Maybe he should try some more reverb.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 09:55:44 PM »
I have.

Damn.