Author Topic: So...did you guys enjoy the fight? Werdum vs Browne.  (Read 2239 times)

The Ugly

• Getbig V
Re: So...did you guys enjoy the fight? Werdum vs Browne.
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2014, 07:41:31 PM »
Cain is a great fighter. He has amazing cardio and speed. His striking is devastating and his ground game (wrestling + bjj) is very impressive.

I think that if the fight goes to the ground, Werdum can pull an upset. His JiuJitsu is world class and his size is a lot to work with.

If the fight remains standing, I give the advantage to Cain.

Even so, any man can be defeated. Any man can land a lucky punch for the knockout (JDS style).

Hopefully, it turns out to be a very entertaining fight. I'd love to see a 5-rounder with serious highlight clips.

"1"

Is it supposed to happen?

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2014, 07:43:18 PM »
Is it supposed to happen?

Velasquez and Werdum are now tentatively scheduled to headline the UFC's debut journey into Mexico this November, a bout with local blockbuster potential considering Velasquez's Mexican heritage and Werdum's role as an analyst and commentator for the UFC Network in Latin America.

Both fighters are also expected to coach on The Ultimate Fighter: Latin America, which begins filming this May in Las Vegas, according to Mendez.

No fight date can be set in stone, however, until Velasquez receives clearance to return to the gym 100-percent. The 31-year-old underwent surgery to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder in mid-December, three years after undergoing a similar procedure on his right shoulder, and he still has a ways to go in his recovery.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/21/5637378/cain-velasquezs-head-coach-excited-after-watching-fabricio-werdums

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2014, 07:51:38 PM »
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/21/5637378/cain-velasquezs-head-coach-excited-after-watching-fabricio-werdums

Cool. But Mexico? Is there a worse country on the planet?

I guess Africa might have something to say about that.

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2014, 07:57:45 PM »

Gracie Rules