Author Topic: Just got my collectors editon of Generation Iron from Australia...  (Read 770 times)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
... haven't started watching it yet. Hmmmm...

Will I be disappointed?

Who cares?

booty

• Getbig V
Re: Just got my collectors editon of Generation Iron from Australia...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 12:12:57 AM »
I had no idea there was a version from Australia. I am really not following bodybuilding as much as I previously have.

latiuss

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 12:15:56 AM »
Most here hated it, someone posted full movie here wen it was on youtube. Its not "that"  bad.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 12:22:08 AM »
I had no idea there was a version from Australia. I am really not following bodybuilding as much as I previously have.

If I'm not mistaken, it say's here that Australia is where the movie was actually produced. Not "shot" of course. I believe that was all shot around Venice, but for some reason the movie premiered in the UK first and then distribution was picked up all over, first by Australia and then all the way to China.

Hell, I don't know. Not really important, just funny that some small company in L.A didn't grab it up. I guess they all thought it would be a failure, which I guess it was as far as theater viewing.

Not sure how the DVD distribution will do. Sure it will just be bodybuilders and such buying it.

Funny that the producer was the same dude who produced the original Pumping Iron. Maybe that's why...

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 12:30:11 AM »
Thanks for the info guys. I don't think any bb movie would top " pumping iron " obviously because of Arnold.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 02:28:19 AM »
The movie sucked...

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2014, 01:38:49 PM »
I actually liked the movie. Truly.

What sucks is this "Region Code"

You are only allowed to change it 4 times. Hope it's not an issue. Gonna burn copies ~

The movie takes a different perspective on the portrayal of Hardcore Pro Bodybuilders. The guys filming had no clue about the industry.

There are some very interesting candid, unexpected moments in the movie, and the quality is awesome.

Watchin Branch get thrown off of his horse was totally unexpected. It started bucking and he got thrown and hurt bad. They were supposed to do a hunting escapade. That didnt happen.

Branch, even though he doesn't look so great, he has a killer gym ethic that is not portrayed in Youtube vids.

I liked it, like I said. If it's just me, it's just me. No harm, no foul.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2014, 05:05:00 PM »
I couldn't watch any bb movie that didn't involve Arnold. I think I would be bored. I watched pumping iron 2 years ago which I really liked. It had Rachel Mc lish in it and Bev Francis.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2014, 10:09:35 PM »
Thanks for the info guys. I don't think any bb movie would top " pumping iron " obviously because of Arnold.
No way! Just look how Pumping iron changed the fitness industry!! It was all of a sudden cool to lift weights! If anything this last one will do the opposite! Sad but true!