Author Topic: I don't ever ask workout questions here... but I'm going to... Wes, Hazbin...  (Read 2652 times)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Damn I'm posting a lot tonight. Must have been the long nap.

Anyway, I remember reading years ago about these marathon arm workouts where you would supposedly gain and inch on your arms in a 24 hour period.

Some of you fags know that I keep up with the fag rags.. and I have my reasons. Yeah, it's to oggle the dudes in thongs, right?

Anyway, I never tried that shit.

Now I'm reading about it again.

Any of you guys ever try those routines and have any degree of success?

I suppose we would be forced to discuss natty or no.. regardless... I can't fucking imagine training your biceps every hour on the hour for 24 hours and expecting them to do anything but be destroyed beyond repair.

Comments?

Go fuck myself? (that's a given, so just leave it out, TIA)

What about calves?

I've had some of my competitors gain some extra size by training calves up to 4 x weekly with insanity-type routines, but most people that don't have calves to begin with... never really do.

The whole Arnold thing... ya know, where he cut his pants so he could see his dick... I mean, his sticks... and then builds these massive funky-gnarly looking calves by beating the ever-living-loving-bejeezus out of them ~ I've always kind of wondered about that.

?????

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
 :D
I remember that 'gain an inch in 24 hour' thing. Think I made it about 90 minutes, then got drunk and watched Conan for the 14th time :-\

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
I saw Rich Piana did a video on youtube of his eight hour arm workout. He claimed it could put an inch on your arms and he consumed eight protein shakes during the workout. It was all designed to sell protein powder and I can't see much basis in fact. I would have thought you would keep breaking down the same muscle fibres over and over again without giving them enough chance to repair and grow?  ???

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
I did that in HS.  It was 3 sets of curls and skull crushers every half hour for 8 hours or something.

I don't think it worked, but I'd also guess my form was deplorable and I probably didn't use the correct weight.

What's the science behind it?
Y

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
A few of us at my gym did the all day arms training twice. We gained about 1/8 inch after all that sweating. We had a good workout first then about 10 minutes every half hour. At the end of 8 hours we were wasted. The first time we did it we foolishly drank milk with protein between workouts. You can imagine what happened. I think we tried to pump our arms to the maximum possible and then try to keep reproduce that measurement after each session.

We can state that the all day arm blitz didn't work for any of us. Complete nonsense.

I put an inch on my arms in a month doing arms every third day and keeping them sore. That worked. 10 workouts and 1 inch gain on both arms and calves. 1/10 inch per workout is probably closer to what one can gain.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Personally never tried it,but of course,I have heard of it.

IMO,a pump just like anything else in life,if overdone,you get to a point of diminishing returns................I find this happens to me a lot when I work calves.

I`ll get a huge pump and burn,then any and all sets beyond that point seem useless.......in fact,I seem to lose the pump I`ve worked hard to get.

I wouldn`t waste my time doing it.....if nothing else,any size garnered would only be temporary.

If not,guys would be doing this all the time in an effort to get big arms fast,and nobody is.  :(  

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome

Melkor

• Getbig III
Surely any "growth" observed in 24 hours from such an activity would be from increased fluid volume in the muscle and plenty of inflammation. The biological processes of the human body just don't adapt that quickly. It takes prolonged repeated stress with adequate recovery and fuel for new living tissue to be grown.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
I'm not wes or hazbin but I've always done volume work outs / marathon sessions....  Not necessarily to gain an inch in 24 hours - I think that's a bit absurd...  But I think people have struggled to get their arm size how they want it because they treat arms like a secondary muscle where as Ive always attacked arms the same way I attack back or any other body part.  IE I would do 18-24 sets for biceps.  And 12-18 sets for triceps.  Even done things like 200 reps of preacher curls

The result:

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Great arm development brother. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
I'm not wes or hazbin but I've always done volume  / marathon sessions....

At subway  ;D
Y

bigmc

• Getbig V
A few of us at my gym did the all day arms training twice. We gained about 1/8 inch after all that sweating. We had a good workout first then about 10 minutes every half hour. At the end of 8 hours we were wasted. The first time we did it we foolishly drank milk with protein between workouts. You can imagine what happened. I think we tried to pump our arms to the maximum possible and then try to keep reproduce that measurement after each session.

We can state that the all day arm blitz didn't work for any of us. Complete nonsense.

I put an inch on my arms in a month doing arms every third day and keeping them sore. That worked. 10 workouts and 1 inch gain on both arms and calves. 1/10 inch per workout is probably closer to what one can gain.

I believe this is the most idiotic post in the history of this board
T

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
At subway  ;D

As I told my wife yesterday, this was my last day ever eating subway, the chicken I had on my bread yesterday was like dissolving rubber in my mouth. Tasted absolutely nasty.  Totally grossed me out and Subway just lost a 7 year customer lol

the trainer

that 24 hour arm workout is bullshit its just a pump and inflammation in the muscle its better to get on a good arm workout program for real long term results.

The Ugly

• Getbig V

An eight-hour arm workout? Man, that's dedication.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
that 24 hour arm workout is bullshit its just a pump and inflammation in the muscle its better to get on a good arm workout program for real long term results.

This

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
If it worked,we`d all be doing it.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
If it worked,we`d all be doing it.

If we could all quit our jobs.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Knooger

• Getbig V
Just be wary about giving yourself tendonitis in your elbow. I did and it sucks, sure, some of it is to blame from frequent masturbation, but I was blasting away at my arms twice a week when it first set in. I wish I could go and take that back.

Army of One

• Getbig V
I'm not wes or hazbin but I've always done volume work outs / marathon sessions....  Not necessarily to gain an inch in 24 hours - I think that's a bit absurd...  But I think people have struggled to get their arm size how they want it because they treat arms like a secondary muscle where as Ive always attacked arms the same way I attack back or any other body part.  IE I would do 18-24 sets for biceps.  And 12-18 sets for triceps.  Even done things like 200 reps of preacher curls

The result:

You also were on steroids here, bought legally from any pharmacy in Egypt over the counter.I don't know why you lie.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
I am in agreement with everyone here.

I'm just curious why this insane shit is popping it's ugly head up again.

Shit, just get some Synthol or do some S.E.O.s....  :-X

I do think there is some merit in training lagging calves a bit more, but for any other body part, not so much. In my experience, I've never seen anything really appreciable with anything "gimmicky" ~ nothing but hard, balls-to-the-wall training consistency and some decent food... and rest (if possible)

Lotta peeps nowadays stay up waaaaay too long thanks to cell phone Apps and the net.... and the junk food is just too EZ.

Alright... trash can the question. BOOOM!!!!

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
As I told my wife yesterday, this was my last day ever eating subway, the chicken I had on my bread yesterday was like dissolving rubber in my mouth. Tasted absolutely nasty.  Totally grossed me out and Subway just lost a 7 year customer lol

I used to eat the footlong (no homo) Subway "roasted" "chicken" sandwich at least twice a week, not sure what I was thinking.

WalterWhite

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

The result:

What did you weigh here?  I have to really get down to a low BF to get my bi's to pop like that. Awesome!

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
What did you weigh here?  I have to really get down to a low BF to get my bi's to pop like that. Awesome!

I am also thinking that was quite some time ago, yes?