Author Topic: I don't ever ask workout questions here... but I'm going to... Wes, Hazbin...  (Read 2651 times)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Great arm development brother. 

Big Ach definately nose what he is doing!

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
I have a feeling it would work for these guys who pump a boat load of SEO in their arms.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
What did you weigh here?  I have to really get down to a low BF to get my bi's to pop like that. Awesome!

178 lbs in that picture

I used to eat the footlong (no homo) Subway "roasted" "chicken" sandwich at least twice a week, not sure what I was thinking.

Used to eat it 5 days a week

sick definition on big ach

Thanks

Here is what it looks like when I'm not dieted down at about 235 lbs or so

19"

Too many people say "oh I only do 8 sets of biceps because they are small muscles" - fuck that shit, treat it like any other body part, hit your arms as hard as you hit back or legs, if you want them to grow!

cephissus

• Getbig V
Too many people say "oh I only do 8 sets of biceps because they are small muscles" - fuck that shit, treat it like any other body part, hit your arms as hard as you hit back or legs, if you want them to grow!

somehow i doubt you've ever trained "low volume" in your life

correct?

The Ugly

• Getbig V
178 lbs in that picture

Used to eat it 5 days a week

Thanks

Here is what it looks like when I'm not dieted down at about 235 lbs or so

19"

Dude, 178 to 235? That's quite a jump.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
somehow i doubt you've ever trained "low volume" in your life

correct?

Correct.  Just never been my thing.

But Right now, I have  cut down my work outs from 5 days a week to 3 days  a week (due to work, a new baby, etc.), but still on those 3 days, my work out last 2.5 hours

Dude, 178 to 235? That's quite a jump.

Thats - nothing lol - I've been as heavy in the offseason as 265, and as light at contest shape as 159

cephissus

• Getbig V
Correct.  Just never been my thing.

then how do you know you can't grow arms on 8 sets :D

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
then how do you know you can't grow arms on 8 sets :D

Good point - I have never tried it... and am "too scared" to try lol....  What I'm doing works for me, so I'm sticking with it.  By all means, if 8 sets work for you, then more power to you.  But its been my experience that the people that I met who have complained about not being able to grow their arms are the ones who would say "I only do 6-8 sets because arms are a "small" muscle"

Competing at 159 (I'm in the center, duh lol)

1 week before that same show:

The Ugly

• Getbig V

Thats - nothing lol - I've been as heavy in the offseason as 265, and as light at contest shape as 159

Yeah, you should stop that.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Yeah, you should stop that.

lol - competition is the fuuuuurthest thing from my mind now.  I'm not saying I will never compete again, but I have absolutely no desire to do so right now.  So don't care to be super lean or anything.

At the same time though, I'm currently still strong as an ox (well with respect to my own past achievements) and as big as I normally am, but I'm (again) trying to get the waistline back in check a little, because my pants are not happy with me lol.... so I'm back doing cardio again and TRYING to watch what I eat.

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
Damn I'm posting a lot tonight. Must have been the long nap.

Anyway, I remember reading years ago about these marathon arm workouts where you would supposedly gain and inch on your arms in a 24 hour period.

Some of you fags know that I keep up with the fag rags.. and I have my reasons. Yeah, it's to oggle the dudes in thongs, right?

Anyway, I never tried that shit.

Now I'm reading about it again.

Any of you guys ever try those routines and have any degree of success?

I suppose we would be forced to discuss natty or no.. regardless... I can't fucking imagine training your biceps every hour on the hour for 24 hours and expecting them to do anything but be destroyed beyond repair.

Comments?

Go fuck myself? (that's a given, so just leave it out, TIA)

What about calves?

I've had some of my competitors gain some extra size by training calves up to 4 x weekly with insanity-type routines, but most people that don't have calves to begin with... never really do.

The whole Arnold thing... ya know, where he cut his pants so he could see his dick... I mean, his sticks... and then builds these massive funky-gnarly looking calves by beating the ever-living-loving-bejeezus out of them ~ I've always kind of wondered about that.

?????

here is everything I know about working out... no such thing as overtraining....  work that shit till it grows I added 2 inches to my calfs in 2 months training every other day..  heavy light heavy light or whatever my body agrees to.   Now I have cvalfs like Arnold
a

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
Back when I was a skinny twink I gained a half inch on my (pumped) arms by working them twice a day every day for 7 days straight, 3 sets biceps/three sets triceps 2X per day....lots of pumping and really painful stretching. Lots of calories. Lots of protien and carbs and useless supplements.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Back when I was a skinny twink I gained a half inch on my (pumped) arms by working them twice a day every day for 7 days straight, 3 sets biceps/three sets triceps 2X per day....lots of pumping and really painful stretching. Lots of calories. Lots of protien and carbs and useless supplements.

Maybe it works for some and not for others, just like anything else, also anything works when U R in your first stages of bodybuilding.

Intermediate: Much slower gains

Advanced....."maintenance between cycles"

Old age: Good luck, you better have started young and stayed lean.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

Like one poster said - your focus shouldn't be on doing something crazy with hope of gaining an inch in your arm in 1 day lol.... but you should focus on getting a solid program set in place that will give you decent incremental gains over time.  And don't be afraid to hit your arms as hard as you would any other muscle part....  Don't worry about the whole "overtraining" myth....  much easier to undertrain, than overtrain!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
tendonitis

I'd think so.  Got drop set-itis from curls.  It sucked.

frequent masturbation

Well... define 'frequent.'

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
Gaining an inch of lean muscle on your arm in one day?! ???

Seriously? ::)

Any routine that claims to be able to do this is always just flogging some shitty supplement which of course, you would need to take in order to make it work. :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Once I get through this terrible phase I`m presently in (over trained,burnt-out,lacking desire to train,just going through the motions),I`m upping my volume into the 20 -25 set per bodypart range..................j ust to see what happens......haven`t done that many sets in a long time.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
Good point - I have never tried it... and am "too scared" to try lol....  What I'm doing works for me, so I'm sticking with it.  By all means, if 8 sets work for you, then more power to you.  But its been my experience that the people that I met who have complained about not being able to grow their arms are the ones who would say "I only do 6-8 sets because arms are a "small" muscle"

Competing at 159 (I'm in the center, duh lol)

1 week before that same show:

How tall are you ACH?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V