Author Topic: Polar RCX5  (Read 1528 times)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
Polar RCX5
« on: April 22, 2014, 11:31:02 AM »
Is this worth it with or without GPS? What's the use of GPS? Is there a "better" one? The persona does spinning and possibly bike trails or trips.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: Polar RCX5
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 01:05:40 PM »
The GPS is used to track your distance more accurately.  No two footsteps are alike.  a 6'5" tall person will have a bigger step than a 5'1" person.  So these step tools will guess that your 5000 steps are equal to 2 miles for example.  The GPS will give you a more accurate result.

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 01:19:13 PM »
Have a look at Garmin. They make v good sports watches/gps.

Ive got a foretrex and its awesome. Simple to use and pretty sturdy.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 01:23:03 PM »
I have that exact same watch...it's a triathlon focused watch as well. The gps tracks my distances and times me and it keeps a log on line if my training, how fast I ran my 5ks and 10ks...etc.this way I gage my progress as I prep for a race, it also calculates the calories I burn. For me having heart rate was good as my triathlon training was heart rate based. It also helped gage myself in races so I didn't blow out. For spinning and stuff indoors it's not much use unless you're prepping for a race or something and want to gage your improvement..etc
S

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 09:56:48 PM »
I have that exact same watch...it's a triathlon focused watch as well. The gps tracks my distances and times me and it keeps a log on line if my training, how fast I ran my 5ks and 10ks...etc.this way I gage my progress as I prep for a race, it also calculates the calories I burn. For me having heart rate was good as my triathlon training was heart rate based. It also helped gage myself in races so I didn't blow out. For spinning and stuff indoors it's not much use unless you're prepping for a race or something and want to gage your improvement..etc
Cool  :)