Author Topic: .  (Read 1319 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« on: April 23, 2014, 08:17:46 AM »

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
Re: what do you do when you aspirate blood? throw the whole syringe away?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 08:19:35 AM »
Ive done it before no issues.

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 08:24:55 AM »
i aspirated blood in the glute the other day

so i pulled out, pressed the plunger untill the blood drop left the syringe, changed needles and injected in another part

problem is i lost a bit of gear that way

but more importantly

IS THIS ACTUALLY STERILE?

Jesus christ. Are you serious? Just fucking pump all that shit, blood an all, back in. Its sterile. Stop being a pussy. I cant believe this is on getbig. What is this bodybuilding.com? You should be ashamed anabolichalo. I dont even aspirate. If you're injecting in the correct spots it's unnecessary and a bro myth that wont die. Medical professional rarely aspirate.

Look up the CDC's official IM injection guidelines. They don't bother with aspiration anymore.

They don't even teach RNs to aspirate any more. Don't agree? Just ask the CDC, ACIP, DHS, AAFP, DOH, or the WHO. Dont take my word for it.

According to the CDC:

"Aspiration - Aspiration is the process of pulling back on the plunger of the syringe prior to injection to ensure that the medication is not injected into a blood vessel. Although this practice is advocated by some experts, the procedure is not required because no large blood vessels exist at the recommended injection sites."

"Aspiration is not indicated for SC injections."

"Aspiration is not indicated for IM injections."

STTI International Nursing Research Congress Vancouver, July 2009

Organizations which state aspiration is not necessary:

Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) Department of Health Services (DHS) American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) U.K. Department of Health (DoH) World Health Organization (WHO)

References:

Atkinson, W. L., Pickering, L. K., Schwartz, B., Weniger, B. G., Iskander, J. K., & Watson, J. C. (2002). General Recommendations on Immunization: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, 51, RR2. 1-33.

Chiodini, J. (2001). Best practice in vaccine administration. Nursing Standard, 16(7), 35-38.

Diggle, L. (2007). Injection technique for immunization. Practice Nurse, 33(1), 34-37.

Gammel, J. A. (1927). Arterial embolism: an unusual complication following the intramuscular administration of bismuth. Journal of the American Medical Association, 88, 998-1000.

Ipp, M., Taddio, A., Sam, J., Goldbach, M., & Parkin, P. C. (2007). Vaccine related pain: randomized controlled trial of two injection technique Archives of Disease in Childhood,92,1105-1108.

Li, J.T., Lockey, R. F., Bernstein, I. L., Portnoy, J. M., & Nicklas, R. A. (2003). Allergen immunotherapy: A practice parameter. Annuals of Allergy, Asthma, & Immunology, 1-40.

Livermore, P. (2003). Teaching home administration of sub-cutaneous methotrexate. Paediatric Nursing, 15(3), 28-32.

Middleton, D. B., Zimmerman, R. K., & Mitchell, K. B. (2003). Vaccine schedules and procedures, 2003. The Journal of Family Practice, 52(1), S36-S46.

Nicoli, L. H., & Hesby, A. (2002). Intramuscular injection: An integrative research review and guidelines for evidence-based practice. Applied Nursing Research,16(2), 149-162.

Ozel, A., Yavuz, H., & Erkul, I. (1995). Gangrene after penicillin injection: A case report. The Turkish Journal of Pediatrics, 37(1), 567-71.

Peragallo-Dittko, V. (1995). Aspiration of the subcutaneous insulin injection: Clinical evaluation of needle size and amount of subcutaneous fat. The Diabetes Educator, 21(4), 291-296.

&guy, M. A., & King, L. (2000). Drawing up and administering intramuscular injections: A review of the literature. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 31(3), 574-582.

Talbert, J. L., Haslam, R. H. & Haller, J. A. (1967). Gangrene of the foot following intramuscular injection in the lateral thigh: A case report with recommendations for prevention. The Journal of Pediatrics, 70(1), 110-114.

Workman, B. (1999). Safe injection techniques. Nursing Standard, 13 (39), 47-53.

World Health Organization (2004). Immunization in Practice, Module 6: Holding an immunization session. Immunization in Practice: A practical resource guide for health workers –2004 update,1-29.

Center for Nursing History at Misericordia University: http://www.misericordia.edu17. Levels of Evidence, Canadian Medical Association & Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine (2001). Available at:http://www.cebm.net/index18. Melnyk, B. M., & Fineout-Overholt, E. (2005). Evidence-Based Practice in Nursing & Healthcare: A Guide to Best Practice. Philadelphia: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.

Just another example of Gym Lore and/or Broscience propagating itself.... you fucking meatheads. The more you are moving the pin around trying to aspirate doing your own glute shot the more scar tissue you're creating. I've aspirated, had no blood, and still got tren cough. Its just an unnecessary step giving you a false sense of security. Hope this helps.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 08:32:36 AM »
I never aspirate and never had a problem. But im not scared of dying in agony!

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2014, 08:35:00 AM »
i'm just scared of waisting a dosage

if you inject in a vein you dont get any gainz

You're more likely to get hit by lighting or secure a job that pays you more than 32k/year than you are to inject a full barrel directly into a vein, anabolichalo. Even then, nothing will happen. So just relax, you'll be fine. Pump that shit back into your scrawny little chicken fillet ass. If you want to get technical, IV delivery would be less wasteful but I do not recommend. lol.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2014, 08:36:41 AM »
i'm just scared of waisting a dosage

if you inject in a vein you dont get any gainz
Ive been doing it for quiet some time. You waste more by pulling blood and throwing it away. Im sure 70% don't aspirate!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 08:40:41 AM »
Pain is weakness leaving the body... same with blood.  :D

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 09:05:20 AM »
Just change needle. Dont need to drop blood away, just dont let air be in the new needle.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 09:06:59 AM »
THERE IS NO NEED TO ASPIRATE