Author Topic: Gallery of The Natural Ideal  (Read 144737 times)

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
Re: Gallery of The Natural Ideal
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2006, 08:29:32 PM »
I'd aspire to Steve Reeves, as a natural.  Or i should say i DO aspire.
:-)

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2006, 12:22:41 AM »
Marvin Eder, another incredibly strong drug free lifter.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2006, 01:55:32 AM »
I think I saw Stalin and Conan O'Brien in there. :o
S

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2006, 01:11:36 PM »
more on marvin eder, i forgot about him. amazing physique, pre steroid era

http://www.robertuniverse.com/davidgentle/edergentle.htm

Bast175

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2006, 12:18:24 AM »
reg park natural?  I don't think so. 

Some of these guys are questionable.

OakExpress

• Getbig II
  • Amateur Natural Bodybuilder
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2006, 04:35:00 PM »
reg park natural?  I don't think so. 

Some of these guys are questionable.

I'm a bit curious.  When you say they are questionable, is it the look or do you have some sort of proof.  I've seen some pretty amazing natural guys with decent size and excellent conditioning.  These guys were tested.  How do you know if somebody is or isn't natural by looking at pics?

I'm just curious.
Romans 1:20

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2006, 04:40:55 PM »
Scip La Cour...definitely not natural..    if he was thoguh, definitely best bodybuilder of all time. haha ;D
d[-_-]b actin all cool

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2006, 05:43:28 PM »
Tough to say about Skip.  I must say though, I have seen him in person....and although he is big.....he is nowhere near the size of the pro's...

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2006, 10:54:47 AM »
Prime, where's the post where John Hansen said he used gear?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Prime

• Getbig IV
  • The force is strong in this'un
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2006, 07:50:11 PM »
Prime, where's the post where John Hansen said he used gear?  Inquiring minds want to know.
I dunno, it was along time ago.  You'd have to trawl the board to find it.
[img]http://ima

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2006, 03:24:33 AM »
No, John Hansen is not a natural.Well, for the last several yrs. he has been but he hasn't always been so by his own admission.Can't quote for sure the issue & # of the mag but a few yrs. back I was scanning the natural bb'ing mags off a newsstand rack & 1 of them had him stating that in that issue.The magazine was Natural Physique (or Bodybuilding) World, Natural Physique or something, lol, can't even be sure of that.It was the magazine that he had/has his own column in however.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2006, 11:59:15 AM »
Reg Park was the best natural bodybuilder ever. In 1954, he became the second man in the world to bench 500 lb. He also squatted 600 for reps and could press 300 behind the neck.
not natural

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2006, 12:43:18 PM »
Great thread Oliver!

just push some weight!

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2006, 04:24:11 PM »
This thread is depressing. I eventually want to be bigger than that. The only natural bodybuilder I'd be content with looking like is Skip but then again he dedicates his life to bodybuilding like no other. Bodybuilding is his career and he treats it like one.
~

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2006, 05:42:55 PM »
it's not "healthy" to wanna be like the best in the world. You know, extremely unlikely.

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2006, 08:28:24 AM »
Be the best u can be, the only true compation is the one u have with ur self!
The rest is just a by-product or side effect! Trying to be someone else is impossible since
we are all diffrent, so say i will not be happy in till (fill in the blank) just locks u in unhappiness.
Be happy now compeat with ur self, take pride in YOUR achievements and u will feel content always!
P

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2006, 12:28:47 PM »
reg park was either not natural, or he didnt bench 500. i dont believe a natural with reg's size could bench 500.

if i could swap bodies with Anyone, it would be Reeves....despite being accustomed to seeing mass monsters, and every shape and form concievable on this site, those reeves pics never fail to impresss me.

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2006, 04:05:45 PM »
Thats what ppl said about the 4min mile now 13 year olds have done it ;) Never say Never.
P

suckmymuscle

« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2006, 07:29:47 PM »
- What you can achieve or surpass -

Steeve Reeves - The original Hercules

Very interesting series of pics, Oliver. :) I suspect, however, that all of these men had very high natural levels of T. I don't think the Average Man can look like that, drug free. :(

SUCKMYMUSCLE

MadisonWI

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2006, 06:25:16 PM »
The best in the world right now from any pics I have seen.  And a buddy of mine from back in the day.  100% drug free.  Sick genetics.  His sister even has muscle and didn't really even work out.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2006, 07:05:34 PM »
The best in the world right now from any pics I have seen.  And a buddy of mine from back in the day.  100% drug free.  Sick genetics.  His sister even has muscle and didn't really even work out.

Damn impressive. You got some more info on the guy? His training or stats and more pics.
just push some weight!

patrinos2003

• Getbig I
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2006, 05:30:07 AM »
do not get me wrong but with the exception of some guys from the early 20's ALL the others are somehow enhanced which of course is not something bad at all!
Someone said how can we tell by the pics lol come on EVERY one that has a little basic knowledge can understand that these guys used something...I am not underestimating their achievements BUT it is very childish to believe that they just ate their beef and came hard and defined ;)
You "natural" guys sorry to ruin your ideal world but what is "natural"? I know several bbers that claim to be "natural" and they use tons of prohormones lol...they just do not use real AAS! and this argument that they are "tested" is the best bs I ever heard! we all know that they can still use something that clears from the system some days before contest...

DVSGOD

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2006, 03:33:45 AM »
He, along with Mike Mentzer were both on Weider's shit list because he was advocating methods entirely contrary to Joe's marathon programs published in the magazines.

Yet Joe based Arnold with Vince to whip him into shape.When the young Arnold arrived in the states Joe inlisted the help Of Gironda to turn the podgy austrian into the worlds best body builder .So I dont think vince was on on Joes shit list.  ???

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2006, 07:32:29 AM »
Yet Joe based Arnold with Vince to whip him into shape.When the young Arnold arrived in the states Joe inlisted the help Of Gironda to turn the podgy austrian into the worlds best body builder .So I dont think vince was on on Joes shit list.  ???

Maybe not but he was on Arnold's.
just push some weight!

dedicated bb

• Getbig I
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2006, 03:06:47 AM »
I dont think this thread was started so people could hate on these natural bodybuilders theres more than enough of these debates going around everywhere else. These guys all look great and i believe in this day and age their physiques are very achievable with hard work and dedication. There should be less people commenting on them not being natural unless they have visibale proof because it's inocent untill proven guilty. Natural bodybuilding needs your help and beliefs to succeed, the sport is doomed when all the naturals in it doubt their competitors are natural. It's time to believe in the impossible and realise like everything else in life things that used to be considered the impossible are now the achievable.