Author Topic: Gallery of The Natural Ideal  (Read 144735 times)

BishopLord

• Getbig II
Re: Gallery of The Natural Ideal
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2006, 05:35:41 PM »
Sorry Reg Park wasnt natural :-\

That's what I'm saying (not necessarily about Reg).  How do we really know these old guys are "natural".  Skip, just because he doesn't or didn't use today, isn't really natural.  I've been out of the circle for a few years but back in the late 90's, all one had to do to qualify as a "natural" was to be clean of gear for 2 years.

Casey Butt

• Getbig II
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2006, 11:15:42 AM »
How do we really know these old guys are "natural".

Because testosterone wasn't approved by the FDA for prescription by physicians until 1950. Before that it simply wasn't available to the public (or even physicians), and wasn't manufactured in anything other than limited quantities for experimental lab use only. The first anabolic steroid derivatives weren't available in the west until 1956-58. Even during most of the '50s, when it was technically available, almost nobody had a clue that it could improve lifting or athletic performance. Many prominent lifters and bodybuilders, whose careers spanned both eras before and after testosterone availability, didn't improve substantially after test became accessible for them, so they either weren't using it or it had no effect on them.

On the other hand, beginning around 1960 there was a clear increase in the performance of the American Weightlifting team. In addition, most of the high-level bodybuilders of that time suddenly were developing muscle mass and muscularity well above and beyond the athletes of the 1950s. Bill Pearl is an obvious example ...compare his development in the mid-50s to the early 1960s.  By Pearl's own admission he began experimenting with Nilevar in 1956.

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2006, 07:02:57 AM »
i was at the wnbf natrual worlds and ben the guy posted won the heavywieght class  but lost the overall the level of development is really high and i think you guys would be impressed in person. there was another guy who took second in the heavywieght class was awsome he comes in about 5-7 190 diced i think he should have won his class but didnt.

MIAMI BLUE

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2007, 12:35:14 PM »

If this is the same john Hansen? I remember him in 1979 at Moraine Vally Community College in a class were he did a paper on bodybuilding and at the end took off his shirt in front of the class and posed to the shock of the class, lol. He was maybe 18 or so.At that time he was not natural at all.

maff24

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2007, 04:13:28 AM »
rob hope or john harris are the best natural guys out there by a mile check then out

marcus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2007, 02:58:09 PM »
This is the look I'm going for.

kicker1_solo

• Getbig I
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2007, 04:54:41 PM »

same here, possibly not even that big.

Magnum PI

• Getbig I
Clarence Bass Age 70
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2007, 12:13:52 PM »
http://cbass.com/PICTORAL.HTM#More

Good old Clarence B!  Good photos of him thoughout the decades.  All natural.

kittom

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: December 17, 2007, 05:48:44 PM »
 hansen2.jpg
I don't see the point in the photo... suck in all the airinto your lungs to expand the chest area, but have no abdominal area to support the "sucken in" WTF... makes a poor photo and not impressive...

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #59 on: December 17, 2007, 06:03:13 PM »

I hate that guy... you see all the "mma" ads he's in in all the bbing mags trying to put on his war face, hahahah.. what a fuggin jackass.

sugar

• Getbig I
« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2008, 05:37:25 PM »
What about Bill Pearl?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2008, 08:14:02 AM »
Prime, where's the post where John Hansen said he used gear?  Inquiring minds want to know.
He did on the website Ironage and even posted some impressive pics.
Look folks, steroids don't stay in your system and keep working for years after you stop useing them.
If that were the case then all the IFBB pros would juice for a few years and the go off and keep making the same gains.
If the drug is not in your system it can't help you any longer. That is like saying the food you ate last yr,will keep you nourished today ::)

Stebeds

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2008, 02:02:51 PM »
Look for the fat neck = steroids.

:P

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2008, 01:45:09 PM »
The misinformation in this thread makes Jesus Cry.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2008, 08:18:22 AM »
He did on the website Ironage and even posted some impressive pics.
Look folks, steroids don't stay in your system and keep working for years after you stop useing them.
If that were the case then all the IFBB pros would juice for a few years and the go off and keep making the same gains.
If the drug is not in your system it can't help you any longer. That is like saying the food you ate last yr,will keep you nourished today ::)

The muscle size and maturity will remain as long as you keep training and eating. You make no sense.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2008, 11:58:06 AM »
I didn't know Sandow weighed that much. Course I never really looked before.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2008, 06:53:10 PM »
Also his stats are monstrous for a Natty and for a still low bodyfat from what I can see.
height: 5'9 1/4"
weight: 202 lbs.
neck: 18"
chest: 48"
biceps: 18 1/2"
forearm: 16 1/2"
wrist: 7 1/2"
waist: 30"
hips: 42"
thigh: 26"
knee: 14"
calf: 18"
ankle: 8 1/2"

I'm having a hard time believing these are legit measurements. Nearly 19 inch arms!?

Casey Butt

• Getbig II
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2008, 01:49:21 PM »
height: 5'9 1/4"
weight: 202 lbs.
neck: 18"
chest: 48"
biceps: 18 1/2"
forearm: 16 1/2"
wrist: 7 1/2"
waist: 30"
hips: 42"
thigh: 26"
knee: 14"
calf: 18"
ankle: 8 1/2"

I'm having a hard time believing these are legit measurements. Nearly 19 inch arms!?

Scaled to current and past drug-free champion bodybuilders, Sandow could have weighed 202 pounds at 12.7% body fat.  However, his measurements are almost all exaggerated (with the exceptions of possibly his chest and neck).  Scaling his height and bone structure to more current champs, his stats would be:

weight: 202 lbs @ 12.7% body fat
neck: 17.6"
chest: 49.0"
biceps: 17.9"
forearm: 14.4"
thigh: 24.0"
calf: 16.0"

You have to consider how the measurements were taken.  Was his neck flexed?  His forearm goosenecked?  His chest when he inhaled and/or flexed?  Was his thigh measurement taken at mid-thigh or up by the crotch?  Like most showmen, Sandow probably just exaggerated for shock value.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2008, 05:35:03 PM »
Everything I read about Vince Gironda tells me he was pretty much an asshole.  Nice physique.. whatever, but still a major dick hole.

BishopLord

• Getbig II
« Reply #69 on: September 12, 2008, 11:56:54 AM »
Look for the fat neck = steroids.

:P

Not necessary.  Take Flex Wheeler for example.  He always had a skinny neck.

I always thought the cannon ball shoulders was a giveaway, but now I can see by those turn of the century pics that those guys had shoulders that I would have said previously were developed by steroids, but obviously they weren't. 

HE-MAN2012

• Getbig I
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2009, 08:51:32 AM »
Looking at these pictures I just don't get why anyone would bother with steroids. These guys physiques are way better than what most gym rats would settle for, and they avoid all the extra costs, complications, side effects, screwing up natural hormone levels.
I am not anti-steroid. I think they're just fine for elite level athletes who NEED an edge. But for everyone else fuck it! Just train hard and eat right.

Seijuro

• Getbig II
« Reply #71 on: May 05, 2009, 04:33:58 AM »
Scip La Cour - modern natural bodybuilder 5'10'' 213-230 contest

Sure natural?

Johnny_Blaze

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2011, 04:06:52 PM »
Great thread!!!

My thoughts.....

Reg Park natural??? ya right (Your telling me he was almost as big as Arnold and natural, and Arnold with all the juice was only a bit better? Use some logic please)

Skippy? ya right lol. Nice try though.

I believe we can achieve GREAT things "naturally".  But this whole "skip is natural" and "John hansen" is natural.

I don't care if they use it, just stop deceiving people Asshole!  ;D

Intelligent people in this field also believe Skip (not to pick on him but.. lol) Just didn't respond to AAS as well as some of the "big boys" in the industry.

The human body CANNOT and I repeat CANNOT hold an incredible amount of muscle at a lean b/f % naturally. Forget it.

Just Do It

Johnny_Blaze

• Getbig II
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2011, 04:12:03 PM »
Heres another "natural".  Perhaps he is but my head tells me otherwise.

But anywho...   Jeff Willet  another MAX-OT pioneer. Amazing physique, not the biggest, but thats exactly the point IMO

Just Do It

Victorian guy

• Getbig I
« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2011, 10:21:26 AM »
Reg Park was the best natural bodybuilder ever. In 1954, he became the second man in the world to bench 500 lb. He also squatted 600 for reps and could press 300 behind the neck.

What? You think Reg Park was natural? He wasnt. Maybe up to the early 50s, but not after that- test suspension.
Victorian guy- descendant of William the Conqueror, graduate of Eton, and a true gentleman and scholar.