Author Topic: Ignoring fatigue and pain is not a good, long-term competitive strategy  (Read 1335 times)

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
http://mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/well/2014/04/23/with-exercise-the-limits-of-no-pain-no-gain/

In recent experiments at his lab, cyclists who were given mild opiates that block the flow of nerve messages from the muscles to the brain and vice versa could ride faster than they ever had before, with a sense of unfettered physical ease — until, without warning, their leg muscles buckled and, limp and nearly paralyzed, they had to be helped from their bikes. “Ignoring fatigue and pain is not a good, long-term competitive strategy,” Dr. Light said.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
Re: science confirms whitewidows bro science
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 07:05:35 PM »
Duh, anybody who's done opiates and gone to the gym could tell you that.  Not so good for weight-lifting, but you'll be able to do cardio for hours

For those of us who are not inclined to pick up a drug habit, beta alanine comes close to the same effect... you'll pump a weight, waiting for the burn to come, and then your muscles just fail seemingly out of nowhere

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 07:08:23 PM »
How much do those scientists bench who conducted the study? ::) ::) ??? :D
X

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 07:32:03 PM »
Duh, anybody who's done opiates and gone to the gym could tell you that.  Not so good for weight-lifting, but you'll be able to do cardio for hours

For those of us who are not inclined to pick up a drug habit, beta alanine comes close to the same effect... you'll pump a weight, waiting for the burn to come, and then your muscles just fail seemingly out of nowhere

shit, this is how i've felt almost 100% of the time for the past 5+ years.  someone slipping beta alanine in my drinks?

???

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 07:51:10 PM »
shit, this is how i've felt almost 100% of the time for the past 5+ years.  someone slipping beta alanine in my drinks?

???

It's clear you have been blessed with this talent...now what you do with it is up to you