Author Topic: Have to laugh when a liberal invokes God into the campaign..lol  (Read 1926 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

For Hillary Clinton, faith means caring for others

By ADAM BEAM
Associated Press

AP Photo
 AP Photo/Timothy D. Easley

PHOTO GALLERY
AP Photo

The Clinton Campaign

Latest News

For Hillary Clinton, faith means caring for others
 Alleged Hillary Clinton shoe thrower arraigned

McCain-Clinton bond crosses partisan waters

Caroline Kennedy `absolutely' would back Clinton

Scenes from the never-dull Clinton White House

Buy AP Photo Reprints

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- Hillary Rodham Clinton's faith in God was shaped by her grandmother's hymns and the bedtime prayers from her gruff Navy father, the former secretary of state told thousands of Methodist women Saturday.

Clinton said she struggled as a young woman between her father's insistence on self-reliance and her mother's concern for compassion. She reconciled those in the Biblical story of Jesus instructing his disciples to feed 5,000 people with just five loaves of bread and two fish.

"The disciples come to Jesus and suggest they send away the people to find food to fend for themselves. But Jesus said, `No. You feed them,'" Clinton said. "He was teaching a lesson about the responsibility we all share."

It was a personal speech from a woman considered the front-runner for the 2016 Democratic nomination for president. And while the speech mostly steered clear of politics, she made the case on moral grounds for increasing the minimum wage and equalizing pay for men and women - two issues that have polarized Congress in the run-up to the 2014 midterm elections.

Clinton's remarks came at the quadrennial United Methodist Women's Assembly, where 7,000 women gathered for three days of teaching, singing and service. Clinton told the crowd her faith was rooted in her family. She talked about how her father - a self-made, independent man - would "humble himself before God" by her bedside every night. And her grandmother would sing hymns as she braided young Clinton's hair.

As she considers a run for president, Clinton has been brandishing her foreign policy experience lately with a recent speech at the University of Connecticut and by promoting the upcoming release of her new book, "Hard Choices." But Saturday gave Clinton a chance to tell thousands of women from across the country about her own faith and the church she attended growing up in Illinois.

"I love that church. I love how it made me feel about myself," Clinton said. "I love the doors that it opened in my understanding of the world, I loved the way it helped to deepen my faith and ground it."

Clinton said that while she was secretary of state, faith lead her to start initiatives that fought against human trafficking, promoted maternal health care in developing countries and, above all, inspired her to fight for women's rights.

"The truth is there are too many women in our country today trying to build a life and a family that don't just face ceilings on their aspirations and opportunities; it's as if the floor is collapsing beneath them," Clinton said. "These are our sisters, our daughters, granddaughters. Some are hungry, not just for nutritious food but for opportunity, for chance to thrive, for their own piece of the American dream.

"Don't think we can sit back and wait for someone else to step forward and solve these problems," Clinton added.

Her comments about women come as Democrats and Republicans across the country are appealing to women voters. In Kentucky, Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes, a Clinton family friend, is trying to defeat Republican Sen. Mitch McConnell, the Senate minority leader.

But while Clinton's husband, former President Bill Clinton, campaigned for Grimes at a fundraiser in Louisville last month, Hillary Clinton made no mention of Grimes in her speech and did not appear with her during her short stay in Kentucky on Saturday.

Clinton is scheduled to appear with Republican Sen. John McCain at an event in Arizona on Saturday night.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HILLARY_CLINTON?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-04-26-04-38-16

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Have to laugh when a liberal invokes God into the campaign..lol
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 12:20:09 PM »
Talks about "compassion" yet sets up four Americans to die.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 01:03:18 PM »

Mocking other people who share your faith ?

Is this something you learned it bible study?

I don't remember you mocking George Bush's faith who is actually responsible for the needless deaths of hundreds of thousands of people

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 01:26:21 PM »

I agree with you.  What I want to know is, why haven't repubs indicted him for this?  They got Clinton impeached for a BJ.  This is WAY bigger. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 02:04:09 PM »
Mocking other people who share your faith ?

Is this something you learned it bible study?

I don't remember you mocking George Bush's faith who is actually responsible for the needless deaths of hundreds of thousands of people

She doesn't share my faith. She uses it for political gain. Judgmental? Probably but liberals have a habit of lies and decite.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 02:13:25 PM »
Studies show conservatives are 3x more likely to lie.

Funny thing is, it is Gods Will that Obama won election twice.  Yet conservatives argue and whine about it.  Sounds like you don't trust the invisible man on the cloud to make the best decisions.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 02:23:19 PM »
Studies show conservatives are 3x more likely to lie.

Funny thing is, it is Gods Will that Obama won election twice.  Yet conservatives argue and whine about it.  Sounds like you don't trust the invisible man on the cloud to make the best decisions.

Geez you're an idiot. Hahahaha

We whine about it because we knew what was coming about what you were too blind to see. As it turns out we were right (as usual)in every thing that was said about him. There's no denying that. Everything that has come out of Obama and his half-witted administration has been a lie. You can show whatever liberal study you want, these clowns squash any of your "studies" in a heartbeat.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 02:23:51 PM »
She doesn't share my faith. She uses it for political gain. Judgmental? Probably but liberals have a habit of lies and decite.

She not a christian?  

What happened to all that love, compassion and redemption your kind is always preaching about

BTW - Bush certainly shares your faith and he's actually responsible for thousands of dead Americans (starting with 911)

Why no mockage of his faith and why are you mocking anyone's faith?  Is that the what jesus would do?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 03:00:41 PM »
Geez you're an idiot. Hahahaha

We whine about it because we knew what was coming about what you were too blind to see. As it turns out we were right (as usual)in every thing that was said about him. There's no denying that. Everything that has come out of Obama and his half-witted administration has been a lie. You can show whatever liberal study you want, these clowns squash any of your "studies" in a heartbeat.

No, you whine because you have no other option.  Short people tend to be the biggest whiners by far.

So why did your God choose Obama to be President?  Are you questioning his Will?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 05:39:18 PM »
That person could be the most faithful person in the world what sense of judgement give you the right to question her faith?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 05:55:32 PM »
That person could be the most faithful person in the world what sense of judgement give you the right to question her faith?

Supports abortion and gay marriage to start. Usually the first thing that comes to mind when I hear about liberals invoking God into the campaign. haven't heard much about her faith since the last time she ran.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 06:15:04 PM »
  People spoke in foreign languages on the Day of Pentecost, and Paul had a vision of kosher and unclean animals being merged together. Anyone who believes in Christ will be saved.

That being said, yes, Hillary is using her faith to pander, just like most politicians do.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 06:17:01 PM »
Supports abortion and gay marriage to start. Usually the first thing that comes to mind when I hear about liberals invoking God into the campaign. haven't heard much about her faith since the last time she ran.

God supports abortion as well and Jesus never said anything about homos.

Try harder little man.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 06:30:05 PM »
God supports abortion as well and Jesus never said anything about homos.

Try harder little man.

Stop, like 99.9% of libs, you're showing your ignorance....again. (Waiting for the next obvious response)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 07:45:51 PM »
Stop, like 99.9% of libs, you're showing your ignorance....again. (Waiting for the next obvious response)

Ignorance of what?  Nothing I typed was untrue.  Like 100% of retards you will just make a meaningless post now.  About time for your stand by of "you just don't get it" post now.

Sucks that your God decided Obama was to be elected twice.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 09:55:35 PM »

Joe, don't you know that all those gay people and people who support, get or perform abortions all get their ticket to heaven just like you

After all, isn't that The Good News?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 10:23:06 PM »

Do all Christians have the same views on these things?

Who are you to judge and condem?

Who are you to decide who Christian and who is not?

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 10:37:34 AM »
Do all Christians have the same views on these things?

Who are you to judge and condem?

Who are you to decide who Christian and who is not?

He's a zealot.  Who doesn't even follow the book the fairy tale is based on himself.  That is known in most circles as a hypocrite. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2014, 07:12:34 PM »
I wonder if it became legal to cleanse the world of non Christian liberals if Coach would murder people In the name of God. 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2014, 10:15:11 AM »
I wonder if it became legal to cleanse the world of non Christian liberals if Coach would murder people In the name of God. 

I'm not sure but I would like to murder confused inarticulate 'tards who go all Mike Tyson by using the creative construction "to invoke something into something." 

(Coach, you non-reading mofo, you should probably have used either "injects into" or "invokes during".)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2014, 11:46:17 AM »
I'm not sure but I would like to murder confused inarticulate 'tards who go all Mike Tyson by using the creative construction "to invoke something into something." 

(Coach, you non-reading mofo, you should probably have used either "injects into" or "invokes during".)

"You just don't get it do you..."

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2014, 03:26:56 PM »
1. no one has the right to judge anyone's soul.  that's what true Christians teach.  and Christians and non Christians are all guilty of judging another persons soul.  the sin of pride is the most common sin.  this board is chock full of people who commit this sin every day.

2. Hillary Clinton has just as much blood on her hands as GWB with regards to the war in Iraq.  you people claiming otherwise need to do your homework.  you are being lied to.

3. I find it funny that when a Republican brings up their faith, they are bible thumpers who believe Jesus rode a T Rex to the last supper.  when Hillary does it, you all jump to her defense and defend her right to proclaim her Christian faith.  your infantile and blatant hypocrisy is almost becoming cute. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2014, 03:45:57 PM »
1. no one has the right to judge anyone's soul.  that's what true Christians teach.  and Christians and non Christians are all guilty of judging another persons soul.  the sin of pride is the most common sin.  this board is chock full of people who commit this sin every day.

2. Hillary Clinton has just as much blood on her hands as GWB with regards to the war in Iraq.  you people claiming otherwise need to do your homework.  you are being lied to.

3. I find it funny that when a Republican brings up their faith, they are bible thumpers who believe Jesus rode a T Rex to the last supper.  when Hillary does it, you all jump to her defense and defend her right to proclaim her Christian faith.  your infantile and blatant hypocrisy is almost becoming cute

no one is defending her because she (nor anyone else) needs to be defended for that

we're criticizing the alleged christian who is attacking her

not quite sure how you didn't notice that distinction

the only times christians get mocked is when they start in with the 5000 year old earth and other blatantly ridiculous nonsense

other than that, virtually every politician in the country plays the god card at some point and no one gives a shit

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2014, 03:50:24 PM »
no one is defending her because she (nor anyone else) needs to be defended for that

we're criticizing the alleged christian who is attacking her

not quite sure how you didn't notice that distinction

the only times christians get mocked is when they start in with the 5000 year old earth and other blatantly ridiculous nonsense

other than that, virtually every politician in the country plays the god card at some point and no one gives a shit

no they get mocked all the time by the libs on this board.  relentlessly.  but now here is where you sit here and don't admit it for the next 15 posts.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2014, 04:00:05 PM »
I will admit it.  I mock christians all the dam time.  But i do respect some who live their lives as actual christians and dont mock them, unless they get too preachy lol