Author Topic: Best way to "transition" from high carb diet into ketogenic diet!  (Read 61450 times)

Uncle Junior

I have experimented with many diets over the years and one thing FOR ME (and I want to emphasize the "FOR ME" bit) that sugar and 90% of any form of carbohydrates makes me fat. There is simply no question in my mind about this whatsoever, I state it as a matter of fact!

Now whether this is to do with sugar/carb's triggering some kinda of former addiction/craving to have more and more carbs, similar to how an x alcoholic can't even have one drop of alcohol and not relapse is probably the truth of it as far as I am concerned.

So with that in mind I am starting a huge Ketogenic diet from Monday and dropping carbs down to less than 50g indefinitely, with possible carb up days say once every 10-14 days or so (I will go on feel)

The question is, is it best to go cold turkey on the carb's ( was planning a 48-72 water fast + lots of cardio) or should I taper down slowly and gradually say over a week or so as to not to shock the system?

My instincts tell me I should just bite my teeth and do the former option and just man the fuck up!

I estimate I am currently eating about 4-5K calories a day, (300-500g carbs) currently @ 190lb, BF probably around 15-17% or maybe I am being harsh and its just test bloat??? Definitely put on size.

Anyway I want cut down now to 175 ish within 6-8 weeks max and tighten my shit up.

Happy to drop Clen, T3, whatever else needs be done to do this pronto I want 10% ish by July!

Simple Simon

Re: Best way to "transition" from high carb diet into ketogenic diet!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 01:41:48 PM »
The question is, is it best to go cold turkey on the carb's ( was planning a 48-72 water fast + lots of cardio) or should I taper down slowly and gradually say over a week or so as to not to shock the system?

My instincts tell me I should just bite my teeth and do the former option and just man the fuck up!

Ignore your instincts, you will just fuck it up.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 01:44:21 PM »
Cutting carbs out of your diet is a good way to achieve nothing you wrote about in your post.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 01:44:56 PM »
keto,dnp,clen,t3 all to get 10 percent bodyfat?

Your refeed days will become food orgys guarenteed, just write out a diet with some carbs and stick to it.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 01:46:12 PM »
keto,dnp,clen,t3 all to get 10 percent bodyfat?

Your refeed days will become food orgys guarenteed, just write out a diet with some carbs and stick to it.
You should know better than to respond to this fucking bullshit, dude. You know his act well enough by now. Don't bother.

Simple Simon

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 01:49:01 PM »
You should know better than to respond to this fucking bullshit, dude. You know his act well enough by now. Don't bother.
He's been let out of time out and I'm prepared to give him a chance, enough rope and he will likely hang himself again.
If he starts responding by misinterpreting whats being said to him then hes fucked, that was his trick last time, lets hope he has some new ones.

8)

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 01:51:15 PM »
The refeed is the hardest part and where most fail. It usually ends up being a carb and junk food binge and you soon end up with a carb induced grogginess. For refeeds, plan what you have to eat and count the carbs they contain, it's easy to go overboard and consume 900grams instead of 400.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 01:51:57 PM »
He's been let out of time out and I'm prepared to give him a chance, enough rope and he will likely hang himself again.
If he starts responding by misinterpreting whats being said to him then hes fucked, that was his trick last time, lets hope he has some new ones.

8)
He'll likely take all advice at face value and say he'll be applying it as of 'tomorrow.'

Fastforward two weeks and 8 videos of him eating canned tunafish dipped in peanut butter later, he'll be back to saying he wants to pack on mass and add a new steroid to his current stack.

::)

Simple Simon

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 01:58:29 PM »
my diet routine is

Monday to Thursday very low carbs with a carb meal for Thursdays evening dinner, Friday low carbs again, Saturday and Sunday eat what I like at around maintenance cals.

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 02:00:25 PM »
massive time pressure for what in July?

Simple Simon

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 02:02:26 PM »

I think thats his hook in this thread, unless hes turned over a new leaf.   ;)

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 02:02:37 PM »
For the Cannes Film Festival. He's invited along with other VIPs to critique the pictures being showcased before an elite French audience before those films hit theaters in the U.S.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 02:05:30 PM »

Please elaborate on what you think is the best strategy in my case given the history etc.

Also to point out I have some Metformin on hand if need be although right now I really don't want to be adding another drug if I can help it.

I am concerned with possible liver issues that might arise:

Current stack info:
750mg Test E a week
Arimidex 0.25mg EOD
Finasteride 1mg daily

From this Monday I will be adding on top:

30-50MG daily Oxandrolone (Pharmacom Labs)
75mg Proviron daily

I want to avoid taking T3 & Clen until I am significantly leaner, maybe add those in later on?

Kind Regards

All the shredded BBers at the gyms I train in are using at least 150 carbs a day. None of them do Keto and don't recommend it whether you're an enhanced lifter or not. What I would recommend, if this isn't a bullshit thread, is to cycle your carbs throughout the day. Aim for slow-digested, lower-GI proteins like casein and berry fruits in the later part of the day, and complex carbs like oatmeal and brown rice during the day. Adjust the portions daily and don't repeat them every day, then save one day a week to load. This is what's worked for me and others but do what you like.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 02:10:01 PM »
I do not mind helping, but are you sure you are willing to follow through?

Simple Simon

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 02:10:09 PM »
Dear BigRo,

I appreciate what you are saying but psychologically it is extremely difficult for me to have any forms of carbs in my diet without wanting to eat more and more carbs.

It creates cravings in me which I can't control.

I don't have this problem when my blood sugar levels are stable and don't eat carbs at all (apart from veg etc)

Kind regards

Cravings?
Cravings are for fat women who frequent weighwatchers.

Man up FFS.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 02:12:16 PM »
If you get cravings, your fats are too low. Buy some salted almonds and shut the fuck up.

Simple Simon

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 02:23:24 PM »

Well I will be in Vegas over the summer for the World Series of Poker and will be out with friends and its just a personal goal to look half decent while I am out there.

I mean I am under no delusions thinking I am gonna be coming in ripped to shreds by then, but simply want clear visible abs, and effectively nice beach body.

It does affect my confidence significantly and when I feel good and look good, I usually perform better in the tournament.

Also possibility of making TV tables (fingers crossed) etc adds more pressure to look your best.

so everyone will soon know your name and details then?

You have managed to stay away from any table photographs up to now.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 02:31:02 PM »
Another day. Another menstrual cramp.   ::)

Simple Simon

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 02:32:52 PM »
I mean not all of it is fat,
No, most of its water.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 02:35:53 PM »
my diet routine is

Monday to Thursday very low carbs with a carb meal for Thursdays evening dinner, Friday low carbs again, Saturday and Sunday eat what I like at around maintenance cals.

sensible.

the average person using anabolics can maintain a single didgit, maybe 10% bf level eating ths way with little effort and be within a 4-6 weeks of respectable once dieting.
b

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2014, 02:37:00 PM »

to the original post.

cut carbs to zero. protein fat only. start humalog at 2iu every 3 hours. you'll be in keto in 24 hours.

thats the answer to the thread title. what you ask in your post is different.
b

Simple Simon

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 02:40:57 PM »
My only concern about revealing my true identity is simply the fact that I don't want to be associated with steroid use and possible negative impact that might cause to my business/friends and family and organizations my company support.

And the mask slips   ::)

You posted Youtube videos with your face on shooting test in your ass cheek.

Thats you done with me fuck face, enjoy timeout.............agai n.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 02:41:22 PM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2014, 02:46:13 PM »

;D

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2014, 02:50:56 PM »
Again I won't dwell on this point for long but yes off course i posted video of myself injecting testosterone etc.

However do you really think I look or sound like that in real life?

Why do I always have some kind of funny accent going on, wearing a hat and sunglasses etc.

Do you really think my name is even Milo????

Ever ponder the thought I might not even be the individual you think I am in the videos I claim to be????

The point is no one apart from one person on this board really knows who I am and what I do.

Regardless I wish you all the very best and will not annoy or pester you on this board.

So you made those videos as a way to troll a message board's users while making threads asking ostensibly serious fitness-related questions. And you're in your mid-30s.

Totally normal behavior.