Author Topic: Your good friend is marrying a woman that's gonna lock him down, do you tell him  (Read 6579 times)

Costanza

• Getbig IV
  • ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐ Team 5 plates a side on uprights
Your friend will tell you to go fuck yourself.

Let it be, but make a side bet with your mates on how long it will last.

Absolutely spot on, this ^

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Perhaps he is one of those guys that prefer alpha women to submit to; a strong mama figure who tells him what to do and when.

Anything is possible. My stepdad swore he hated domineering women and yet he seemed to be weirdly attracted to them....my mom included.

falco

• Getbig V
If you try to warn him you will lose him as a friend.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
dont bother saying anything

people dont take advice when it comes to women

pussy > voice of reason

snx

• Getbig IV
I've done both. Every other time, I stayed out of it and just minded my business. I'd see the woman lighting up my buddy over some random crap, and I'd just bite my tongue.

When it happened to my little brother, I stepped in and told him what I thought, even though I knew better. I just felt like I had to protect him. Long story short: I regret it.

Even with my brother, it was none of my business. Now, he and I barely speak anymore.

Of course he chose his wife over me. He will until/if they divorce, but by then it'll be too late. There will be too many miles and years between us to bridge the gap.

Misplayed by me. Can't take it back. I'll have to live with that. In retrospect, it was a very selfish move on my part.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Why would you lose a friend just for giving him honest advice?

I mean, if you don't like it don't take the advice.

Not like you're calling his wife a worthless whore or anything

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
I was in a similar situation when engaged to a complete headcase. My mate's advice was welcomed as I knew deep down she was a psycho that made me miserable.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
I was in a similar situation when engaged to a complete headcase. My mate's advice was welcomed as I knew deep down she was a psycho that made me miserable.

I too would value my close friends' advice.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
My boy from college is getting married next month.  To be honest, I can't bring myself to say to him i think it's a mistake because this is not a fucking movie this is life.  He's not gonna have a lightbulb moment and cancel all the wedding planning based on my suspicion and observation.

But I'm 100% sure this is a mistake.  She's the type of woman that, although nice, is all about locking a guy down and having a man as an accessory, like a pair of shoes or handbag.  When they were just dating she practically moved in to his place.  She was there, all the time!  She made herself another limb of his body and now he can't or won't get rid of her. 

I feel bad because i know what his life will look like a few years down the line but sometimes people have to learn by making these mistakes. 

What would you getbiggers do in this situation?

ps he's never really asked if he's doing the right thing or what marriage life is like, thus we've never had that 'talk.' 

You cannot do ANYTHING about it.  She has a pussy, you don't.  Your buddy will have to learn the hard way.  This has happened to many of my friends as well.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
One of my best friends and someone I've know for over twenty years asked me my opinion on his curent wife before they were married.  I told him she was kind of a fake person and that as soon as they were married she would move him closer to her family and replace all of his friends with men from her church.   And I was right.
A

Hypo

• Getbig III
Most guys, especially after marriage are locked down. Best you come to terms with this now.

My theory is that at some point in a person's life, they settle down with the closest available partner even if they're not right for them. In western countries it's generally in their 30s.

f450

• Getbig IV
some very very very bad advice in this thread.. very very bad advice  ???

Rule #1 you always tell your friend not to get married. ALWAYS. not in the west. Its a terrible fucking idea. Over 60% of marriages end in divorce which are initiated by the woman over 70% of the time... and the woman gets the lions share of everything, everytime, usually ruining the guys life in the process. Suicide rates for divorced men is steadily going up and the longer the marriage the higher the likelihood of suicide after divorce. Fuck That.

You dont have to be a dick about it, just ask him if he's sure , and let him know you'll support him regardless and let him know you wouldn't do it if you were in his shoes and why but kudos to him for having the balls to take the huge gamble.... Oh and it is a gamble.. nobody on this site or responding in this thread would get on a plane if you knew it had a 50% chance of crashing but still you guys would encourage marriage knowing it has a greater than 50% chance of ending in divorce. with no fucking benefit for the man. Thats madness and borders on being mentally ill. Thats how I feel about it anyways.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Only if you don't mind him hating you forever. If he's happy forever, he will hate you for being wrong. If you're right, he'll hate you for being right.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
some very very very bad advice in this thread.. very very bad advice  ???

Rule #1 you always tell your friend not to get married. ALWAYS. not in the west. Its a terrible fucking idea. Over 60% of marriages end in divorce which are initiated by the woman over 70% of the time... and the woman gets the lions share of everything, everytime, usually ruining the guys life in the process. Suicide rates for divorced men is steadily going up and the longer the marriage the higher the likelihood of suicide after divorce. Fuck That.

You dont have to be a dick about it, just ask him if he's sure , and let him know you'll support him regardless and let him know you wouldn't do it if you were in his shoes and why but kudos to him for having the balls to take the huge gamble.... Oh and it is a gamble.. nobody on this site or responding in this thread would get on a plane if you knew it had a 50% chance of crashing but still you guys would encourage marriage knowing it has a greater than 50% chance of ending in divorce. with no fucking benefit for the man. Thats madness and borders on being mentally ill. Thats how I feel about it anyways.

As a result he may unfriend you or you're simply dead wrong, and in case you're right, then he has learned a valuable lesson.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Negative.  This is one of those every man for himself things.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
some very very very bad advice in this thread.. very very bad advice  ???

Good post.

Majority of men think this way: "She would never do that to me" ... or ... "my girl is different"... and/or... "This is real love"

Men have to stop thinking with their dicks and weigh all the potential ramifications.  OBSERVE everyone else who is/was married and be 100% honest with yourself.   Unfortunately, this type of clarity usually does not come until you are past 35-40.

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Good post.

Majority of men think this way: "She would never do that to me" ... or ... "my girl is different"... and/or... "This is real love"

Men have to stop thinking with their dicks and weigh all the potential ramifications.  OBSERVE everyone else who is/was married and be 100% honest with yourself.   Unfortunately, this type of clarity usually does not come until you are past 35-40.
It's not sex that makes them want to get married, though. It's fear of loneliness + not being able to find another woman later in life + status symbol. Nobody forces these guys to do it. They're big boys. Fuck them. Why did Tiger Woods need a wife? She took half his shit. That's just dumb.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
I always listen to my dick, and one of the things he says is: "DON'T MARRY AND STAY CHILD-FREE"

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
It's not sex that makes them want to get married, though. It's fear of loneliness + not being able to find another woman later in life + status symbol. Nobody forces these guys to do it. They're big boys. Fuck them. Why did Tiger Woods need a wife? She took half his shit. That's just dumb.

Good point, but initially, it's the pussy that dazzles them.

SCRUBS

• Getbig III
Hope he is smart enough to get a prenupt.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
I always listen to my dick, and one of the things he says is: "DON'T MARRY AND STAY CHILD-FREE"

Your dick wants to impregnate her.  The dick cannot be trusted.  Wack-off before taking a girl out, then you should be able to think with a clear head... unless you're running several grams of test/wk.

The only time you truly know if care about a woman is after busting a nut on her.  If you want her to leave afterward, she is not relationship material.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
Hope he is smart enough to get a prenupt.

Nope... most of them can be circumvented by any crafty divorce attorney.  Much safer to never to sign the marriage contract in the first place.

f450

• Getbig IV
As a result he may unfriend you or you're simply dead wrong, and  in case you're right, then he has learned a valuable lesson.
Cant see why he would unfriend you if he is truly a friend and understands that you are looking out for him and you will support him 100% either way. A good friend wouldn't just stay silent. Every single one of my friends that have gotten married I told them good luck but I wouldn't do it if I were in their shoes and jokingly (but seriously) told them to rethink the decision, maybe live together for a while and have a kid etc......marriage is supposed to be forever right? so whats the rush. Never got unfriended or anything childish like that. Some are still married, Some are divorced, most are very unhappy in their married life and 2 or 3 seem to be doing ok.

One of my buddies had a raging controlling bitch of a girlfriend and of course I let him know she was bad news and he must be crazy for wanting to marry her....they got married, then got divorced after a very shitty 2 years. The girl had him locked up a few times for "spousal abuse" that never happened. We are still very good friends. He is still rebuilding his life.

nobody has ever been able to give me any clear positives to getting married out here in the west, not one. Its a fucked up deal for the man and only a foolish man would go into it. A ridiculous and worthless gamble IMO

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Cant see why he would unfriend you if he is truly a friend
Women have a way of making friends forget about their friends. No sooner does she get into a guy's life, he starts ignoring his buddies' texts to go out drinking or do things besides shove his nose up her funky little ass. For every guy that sticks by his male friends when a woman gives him ultimatums of choosing between them and herself, there's 500 that will ditch their bros for the new pussy they're playing with. It's like a new toy. But like all toys, it loses its value over time but can cause you a lot of harm if you're not careful.

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
Would love to be this bitches "accessory".

Hahaha