Author Topic: ok this is the 5th time ive sent in my craftsman mower need help  (Read 2283 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
everytime they "say" they put in a new carbureator, i actually got my hands on some ethanol free gas this time, so i mowed about 50 foot of grass and it died out again. it fired up great seemed wide the fuck open i was happy then it was puttering and reving up and down then quit

now i could keep takeing it back and my warrenty is about the run out in 1 month. or what else can i do , should i increase the spark gap on the spark plug? ive tried talking to sears managers and no help there either
A

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
Re: ok this is the 5th time ive sent in my craftsman mower need help
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 06:27:47 PM »
You could always try eating a steak.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 06:28:49 PM »
buy  a honda next time

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2014, 06:29:57 PM »
Is this a seated mower or a regular one? If it's not a seater, just buy a new one.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 06:32:07 PM »
im gonna get mechanic in a bottle that mr nobody recoomened
A

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2014, 06:34:33 PM »
Why is say in quotes?

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2014, 06:37:16 PM »
Why is say in quotes?
because i dont beleive what they say

i really think sears has gone to shit or atleast the fucks that repair the mowers probably a bunch of good for nothins
A

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2014, 06:40:48 PM »
because i dont beleive what they say

i really think sears has gone to shit or atleast the fucks that repair the mowers probably a bunch of good for nothins

Ok, understood. No troll, but not really what quotations are for.

Nevermind.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2014, 06:43:26 PM »
buy  a honda next time
Exactly, buy a Honda.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2014, 06:57:29 PM »
Check to see if it has any gas in it.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 07:17:53 PM »
what about taking off the muffler, since an enjine is basically an air mover maybe the mufflers restricted
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 07:27:05 PM »
i just took off the muffler seems to be running like a champ , ive never heard that mentioned before till i saw someone make a short post about it. nice little blue flame comeing out, ill keep you guys updated on how the mower runs without a muffler bros
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 07:32:10 PM »
Learned not to buy craftsman anything awhile ago.  Toro/Honda/Echo etc are worth the extra $.
Y

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 07:35:18 PM »
Learned not to buy craftsman anything awhile ago.  Toro/Honda/Echo etc are worth the extra $.
but motors just need a few basic things to run off of air, feul compression spark

you see they never mentioned anything about the muffler at the sears repair store the whole time theyve been putting on new carbureators , are they really this stupid? its not like ive been paying for anything either all under warranty just a hassel. now i just want to learn what the muffler is supposed to do, is the muffler even essential?

my muffler on my truck is half torn off and still runs like a champ no problem there
A

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 07:35:40 PM »
i just took off the muffler seems to be running like a champ , ive never heard that mentioned before till i saw someone make a short post about it. nice little blue flame comeing out, ill keep you guys updated on how the mower runs without a muffler bros
Maybe that is the answer as to why not remove the muffler.
I'm guessing you want to burn something or someone?

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 07:56:46 PM »
but motors just need a few basic things to run off of air, feul compression spark

you see they never mentioned anything about the muffler at the sears repair store the whole time theyve been putting on new carbureators , are they really this stupid? its not like ive been paying for anything either all under warranty just a hassel. now i just want to learn what the muffler is supposed to do, is the muffler even essential?

my muffler on my truck is half torn off and still runs like a champ no problem there
yo. Does your mower sit in a humid area all the time?  Did u just start it up for the first time in a while. Has it sat all winter?  U didn't give much info but if it's a rider pop the hood. Unscrew the cheese grater cover over the fan n take off the cover beneath look for the fly wheel. It'll be right under the spinning aluminum fan. Look for a part that has wires going to it his a small square blocky looking two inch by one inch part. There's a GAp between it n the flywheel. This parts called the magneto. Unbolt it n hit it with emery cloth till it's shiny. Then hit your flywheel w emery cloth till it's shiny too. Presto. Prolly isn't your carb if it's been reolced five time.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 07:58:21 PM »
Shouldn't have to take the muffler off

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2014, 08:02:03 PM »
yo. Does your mower sit in a humid area all the time?  Did u just start it up for the first time in a while. Has it sat all winter?  U didn't give much info but if it's a rider pop the hood. Unscrew the cheese grater cover over the fan n take off the cover beneath look for the fly wheel. It'll be right under the spinning aluminum fan. Look for a part that has wires going to it his a small square blocky looking two inch by one inch part. There's a GAp between it n the flywheel. This parts called the magneto. Unbolt it n hit it with emery cloth till it's shiny. Then hit your flywheel w emery cloth till it's shiny too. Presto. Prolly isn't your carb if it's been reolced five time.

thanks man its a pushmower not self propelled. i had the mower winterized with sea foam and high quality gas then cranked it , and it was running rough then took it too the shop last week, got it back today and started running rough after 50 feet of grass mowed then finally quit

so should i do this as u suggested ?
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2014, 08:35:52 PM »
hey bro its a push mower should i polish the magneto?
A

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2014, 08:50:48 PM »

If you have emissions test in NC, has your truck passed it?

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2014, 08:55:40 PM »
have tried putting in fuel? ::) ::)

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2014, 08:57:54 PM »
hey bro its a push mower should i polish the magneto?
no. Thot it was a tractor. Go ahead n polish ur magneto anyway if u think it will help

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2014, 09:00:54 PM »
no. Thot it was a tractor. Go ahead n polish ur magneto anyway if u think it will help
i dont know what else would help , but this is definitly a new idea for me so thanks
A

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2014, 09:12:23 PM »
i dont know what else would help , but this is definitly a new idea for me so thanks
it will most likely work. Dumbshit tractor mechanics misdiagnose this all the time. On a sissy push mower haha its ez to find. Its like a half hour job. Take the shroud off the top. Follow your spark plug wire back n there's a piece that is what I'm talking about on a tractor but will be smaller on you push. Take it off. Usually two screws. Clean the flywheel with metal sand paper Emory cloth. Clean the magneto w it too. Put the part back on. Use a thin piece of card board or business card as a gap guide between the part n flywheel wen u put in back on. U usually won't even need a guide cuz it'll seat where faggy craftsman company intended it to sit. I fn hate craftsman mowers n tractors even though I have an old one. Have a deere tho too. Let me know.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2014, 09:16:11 PM »

Too much restriction, don't need a muffler anyway. Get some of that there startin fluid.