Author Topic: The Top 10 Greatest Superhero Capes of All Time!  (Read 6733 times)

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
Re: The Top 10 Greatest Superhero Capes of All Time!
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2014, 05:56:16 PM »
They have fought numerous times. I believe Superman has the edge, but truly, it's because he's Superman and DC's flagship super hero can't go down regularly... even against Captain Marvel (Who has been actually renamed to "Shazam" in the New 52).

I PERSONALLY believe that since Captain Marvel's powers come from magic, he would kick Supes ass, but that's just my opinion.

Here are all the facts...you're welcome.

http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2011/05/superman-vs-captain-marvel.html

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2014, 06:29:22 PM »

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2014, 12:53:02 AM »
They have fought numerous times. I believe Superman has the edge, but truly, it's because he's Superman and DC's flagship super hero can't go down regularly... even against Captain Marvel (Who has been actually renamed to "Shazam" in the New 52).

I PERSONALLY believe that since Captain Marvel's powers come from magic, he would kick Supes ass, but that's just my opinion.

I PERSONALLY agree with you 100%. Captain Marvel is a victim of his poor writing. He is everything Supes is plus more.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2014, 09:05:10 AM »
 spider man lizard

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2014, 10:42:30 AM »
Here are all the facts...you're welcome.

http://hero-envy.blogspot.com/2011/05/superman-vs-captain-marvel.html

Cool write-up!

I agree - Superman cannot defeat Captain Marvel.

The entire JLA couldn't defeat Black Adam, yet Captain Marvel on his own has the ability to beat Black Adam.

I think Supes, if pushed with blood lust and a long soak in a yellow sun, could be stronger or faster than Marvel.

But Marvel exists because he's magic - Supes just doesn't handle magic well.

Marvel takes this fight.

And I also agree...he's been poorly written. But then, if you write Marvel correctly, he's so ridiculously over-powered that his story line is actually quite dull. I mean, who can beat him? Galactus I guess.

And a few years back, Supes' character was so ridiculously strong (culminating with Superman Prime One Million) that it was pretty dull to read it.

I get the writers have a tough job. Write a story line with two essentially indestructible god-like heroes, where one has to lose.

How does the immovable object stop the unstoppable force?

Simple Simon

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2014, 12:42:06 PM »
Cool write-up!

The entire JLA couldn't defeat Black Adam, yet Captain Marvel on his own has the ability to beat Black Adam.

I think Supes, if pushed with blood lust and a long soak in a yellow sun, could be stronger or faster than Marvel.

Marvel takes this fight.

And I also agree...he's been poorly written. But then, if you write Marvel correctly, he's so ridiculously over-powered that his story line is actually quite dull. I mean, who can beat him? Galactus I guess.

And a few years back, Supes' character was so ridiculously strong (culminating with Superman Prime One Million) that it was pretty dull to read it.

I get the writers have a tough job. Write a story line with two essentially indestructible god-like heroes, where one has to lose.

Do you have a girlfriend?

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2014, 03:26:29 AM »
Cool write-up!

Marvel takes this fight.

Well said my friend...