Author Topic: cable crossovers  (Read 4937 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: cable crossovers
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2014, 07:46:47 AM »
I don't do them because my boobs bounce all over the place (muscle is underneath implants) and it distracts not only myself but others in the gym.  

Why... there are no pretty girls in your gym to look at you fat cow ?

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2014, 07:47:36 AM »
they isolate the pecs way better than bench press and after all thats the muscle you're supposed to be working.

fuck off  ;D
T

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2014, 07:47:44 AM »
yeah because they see big guys doing them but do not realise the "meat on the Bones" was built through Basics. However things are changing and i put guys now on a very solid and Basic Routine. Just a few exercises.

I think you missed something in my post. Irony maybe.

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2014, 07:50:40 AM »
Why... there are no pretty girls in your gym to look at you fat cow ?

The 4$99 monthly entrance fee doesn't really bring the cream of the crop.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2014, 07:53:03 AM »
can you explain how a muscle knows what exercise its doing please?

Muscles only know stress, stress the muscle and it will respond regardless of the exercise.
very true but the overload provided with Parallel bar Dips or Benches( in any form is superior). You will not get a chest like an advanced Trainer with just crossovers. Infact i would not even recommend them untill maybe 1.5 years hard Training. Cables do give a constant resistance. mass they will not build unless integrated in a Programme like Steve wrote...even then for only advanced Trainers.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2014, 07:57:05 AM »
I do not even use them myself because i am still struggling to be Advanced... ;D

the trainer

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2014, 08:00:12 AM »
can you explain how a muscle knows what exercise its doing please?

Muscles only know stress, stress the muscle and it will respond regardless of the exercise.

When you use machines you dont work the the stabilizer muscles and this can lead to injury in the long run, free weights are a must in any workout program.

Simple Simon

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2014, 08:02:12 AM »
When you use machines you dont work the the stabilizer muscles and this can lead to injury in the long run, free weights are a must in any workout program.
agreed, but you can isloate the pec far better with a cable than you can bench pressing.
In fact I use a power band attached at shoulder length to do 1 arm flys.
Tension on the chest is unbelievable.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2014, 08:04:19 AM »
I don't do them because my boobs bounce all over the place (muscle is underneath implants) and it distracts not only myself but others in the gym.  

A good spotter can get them under control.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2014, 08:07:10 AM »
This... but you would be surprised at how many guys come in the Gym and want to "Bench hard".. you Show them and they struggle because they have never used the stabilizing muscles like this...give them dB flyes and it gets worse. i actually had a guy who had Trouble benching 40kg on the flat bench. He just could not get it and so he had to do machine press. Also as i wrote before on here had a guy double my size but fat you was weak as fuck. was funny.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2014, 08:08:02 AM »
Trust me on this guys...they bounce so bad that guys laugh.
im laughing right now!!  ;D ;D But im sure it looks pretty hot! Booty still has a smoking body!

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2014, 08:17:22 AM »
im laughing right now!!  ;D ;D But im sure it looks pretty hot! Booty still has a smoking body!

Have you seen recent photos?  She looks good for her age, but "smoking" she is not

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2014, 08:23:31 AM »

The only smoke you get comes from her needy genitals. And you don't want to be exposed to it.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2014, 08:30:26 AM »
Being one of the bigger guys here, I would not joke about matters regarding hypertrophy.

This is the real deal.

Should be a bannable offense.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2014, 08:53:55 AM »
Should be a bannable offense.

hyper trophy and the anabolic window are sacred on here

they must be respected at all costs
T

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2014, 08:55:57 AM »
Cant even use them at my gym, there is always a line longer then the waiting line at the treadmill machines of 120 lb tiny tits waiting to do bicep curls on it

anab0lic

• Getbig II
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2014, 08:58:40 AM »
I got more growth in my pecs from a few months of doing a well thought out crossover routine than i did from YEARS of benching (just about every variation you can think of).... benching is primarily delts and tris and the chest only helps a little.   The worst developed bodypart I see in gyms is the pecs and yet everybody benches... think about it.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2014, 09:02:40 AM »
I got more growth in my pecs from a few months of doing a well thought out crossover routine than i did from YEARS of benching (just about every variation you can think of).... benching is primarily delts and tris and the chest only helps a little.   The worst developed bodypart I see in gyms is the pecs and yet everybody benches... think about it.
try Dips

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2014, 09:06:19 AM »
Cant even use them at my gym, there is always a line longer then the waiting line at the treadmill machines of 120 lb tiny tits waiting to do bicep curls on it

Fuckin hella gay. Gotta love the twinks with the 13 inch pipe cleaners that try this during the busiest time at the gym.

anab0lic

• Getbig II
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2014, 09:14:34 AM »
try Dips

Dips are about the only pressing move i do for chest now and i do them gironda style, great for pec/shoulder tie in, but still leaves other areas lacking.   As a bodybuilder your goal should be to isolate the target muscle as best you can and the vast majority of pressing movements do not do that for the chest what so ever.

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2014, 09:14:38 AM »

Is that Sev?

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2014, 09:24:28 AM »

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2014, 09:39:26 AM »
 ;D

Meaningless

• Getbig III
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2014, 12:12:50 PM »

5 minutes in :)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2014, 12:35:44 PM »
Dips are about the only pressing move i do for chest now and i do them gironda style, great for pec/shoulder tie in, but still leaves other areas lacking.   As a bodybuilder your goal should be to isolate the target muscle as best you can and the vast majority of pressing movements do not do that for the chest what so ever.
Gironda had his way but i like parallel Bars. If you do Dips 100% the way it should be done you do not Need incline work.