Author Topic: do you consider bodybuilders to be drug addicts?  (Read 3659 times)

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
do you consider bodybuilders to be drug addicts?
« on: April 29, 2014, 07:05:23 AM »
so a REAL WINNER on pof (hookup site) referred to me as a drug addict. for the use of testosterone, ephedrine, pre-workouts, creatine, marijuana, valium.

I don't see how that makes one a drug addict, and even if it did, I live a healthier lifestyle than when I was drinking.

lots of judgement thrown my way by a girl who's 22 with 3 kids by 3 different fathers........

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: do you consider bodybuilders to be drug addicts?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 07:06:04 AM »
Not addicts but Drug Abusers

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 07:07:56 AM »
Not addicts but Drug Abusers

can agree with this.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 07:10:38 AM »
It depends on the person. I think most fall into the user - abuser range. Someone like Derek Anthony falls into the addict end of the spectrum,  because even when faced with definite health problems still chose to use and abuse.

wolfrittner

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 07:25:15 AM »
No! Not the way it used to be. But im sure it happens like anywhere else. Look at Uncle Junior! Handsome self-made millionaire! To the outside world he is  a young respected well spoken banker! Who takes care of his aging handicapped Parents! Even raises money for the Animal shelter! Perfect lifestyle of the rich and famous!
In the other life he plays to a different tune! Prostitution, gambling, drug abuse alcoholism and Father issues!( the latest steroid abuse). It can happen anywhere!

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 07:40:46 AM »
so a REAL WINNER on pof (hookup site) referred to me as a drug addict. for the use of testosterone, ephedrine, pre-workouts, creatine, marijuana, valium.

I don't see how that makes one a drug addict, and even if it did, I live a healthier lifestyle than when I was drinking.

lots of judgement thrown my way by a girl who's 22 with 3 kids by 3 different fathers........

Your'e right ...sadly  SOCIETY judge on appearance ....

you can be a cocaine addict and your family wont have a clue .....

But Youre a pro Bodybuilder and people  look at you as a drug abuser simply because of the artificial hormone treated  development alone.

WoooSSSHHHHHHHHHHHH

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 07:52:35 AM »

I tried dating websites, girls who I meet there know nothing about the real Skorp, infact I only let girls know who I really am once I am quite serious about them and have build some trust. I keep everything vague, my address, my job, where I work, my personality....in a way they like that mysterious side. Sometimes I hear them complain, "let me in" i would like to be more involved in your life...etc. ::)

This way I avoid situations when a girl starts to question or build a judgement on me in any shape or form. I also like to keep it simple with them too, don't wana know all the details....lets just have nice dates go to some cool places, have a laugh, some great sex if you're up for it....the rest is not important. I actually leanrt the latter from a divorcee i daed a few years ago, she was trapped in a 10 year nightmare and got out with a nice house and some properties and just wanted to live and catch up
S

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 08:06:08 AM »
99% of bodybuilders are drug adicts. Disgusting

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 08:27:05 AM »
Well, how many bodybuilders start taking steroids and then stop and go the natural route. None that I know of. Yah, their junkies...It's a psychological addiction.  There have been studies done on this.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 08:39:00 AM »
Well, how many bodybuilders start taking steroids and then stop and go the natural route. None that I know of. Yah, their junkies...It's a psychological addiction.  There have been studies done on this.
I have tried many times and failed  :-\

Even went down the endurance athlete route, the endorphins kept me going but shrinking into my shirts was not soemthing I was very comfortable with.

Makes it worse when you meet people wqho havent seen in a long while and say "jeez you lost soo much weight"...and if they drop the S word....its game over, a 3ml jab in the ass guaranteed that night.

^True story
S

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 08:45:05 AM »

Let me ask you.... why the hell did you tell her all of this?  That's a fairly lengthy list, and I'm not surprised she said that.  I'm not passing judgement mind you, I like to have fun myself, but I think you exhibited poor judgment

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 08:51:13 AM »
A lot ABUSE drugs.  The way so many ex pros shrink or otherwise decline rapidly I doubt they were ADDICTED to them.

indie-lad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 08:54:30 AM »
99% of bodybuilders are drug adicts. Disgusting

This!

And the biggest problem is they lie worse than coke heads. Pretending to live this healthy lifestyle and winding up dead by 50...

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 09:08:03 AM »
Let me ask you.... why the hell did you tell her all of this?  That's a fairly lengthy list, and I'm not surprised she said that.  I'm not passing judgement mind you, I like to have fun myself, but I think you exhibited poor judgment

guess I should have explained this. I use 2 different profiles, my real one (which I didn't say this stuff on) and a fake one (fake pic). I use the fake one to find out what the girls I wanna fuck like/have to say and that go on my real one a week later and its like i'm a mind reader. they see me as a guy who is different and has similar likes but enough different. I fuck em and leave em. this one looked so bad on paper I thought i'd give some real info and see if the looks would overcome it. it did not.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 09:09:34 AM »
I've also learned that if you wanna keep some women around, the quickest way is to get their kids to like you. then my name is constantly brought up and they wanna go play basketball and whatever with me. always get a call from the girl asking if we "just wanna hang out with the kids, they miss you". always get laid real nice that night and then I disappear again.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 09:24:44 AM »
guess I should have explained this. I use 2 different profiles, my real one (which I didn't say this stuff on) and a fake one (fake pic). I use the fake one to find out what the girls I wanna fuck like/have to say and that go on my real one a week later and its like i'm a mind reader. they see me as a guy who is different and has similar likes but enough different. I fuck em and leave em. this one looked so bad on paper I thought i'd give some real info and see if the looks would overcome it. it did not.

I've also learned that if you wanna keep some women around, the quickest way is to get their kids to like you. then my name is constantly brought up and they wanna go play basketball and whatever with me. always get a call from the girl asking if we "just wanna hang out with the kids, they miss you". always get laid real nice that night and then I disappear again.

Dude these posts are genius.....sounds like you've got a pretty good system lol

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2014, 09:25:36 AM »
Yes, actually. Many are addicted to the effects the drugs confer on them. Most of all the psychological lift of feeling and looking great.

Physically addicted? No. But they do need TRT to keep their levels stable post-cycle, so a dependency certainly exists for quality of life reasons.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2014, 09:28:18 AM »
I have tried many times and failed  :-\

Even went down the endurance athlete route, the endorphins kept me going but shrinking into my shirts was not soemthing I was very comfortable with.

Makes it worse when you meet people wqho havent seen in a long while and say "jeez you lost soo much weight"...and if they drop the S word....its game over, a 3ml jab in the ass guaranteed that night.

^True story

You look really small bro. What happened?  :D

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2014, 09:30:25 AM »
If you can stop taking whatever it is you're taking, and have everything else continue on as per usual - no change in mood, no change in behaviours - and stay this way - then you're not an addict.

JediTerminator

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2014, 09:30:51 AM »
Dude these posts are genius.....sounds like you've got a pretty good system lol

coming off a relationship with a girl with kids I learned quick no matter what screw up I did (cheat, drunk, etc.) she would take me back after a few days cuz of her kids attached to me. the youngest looked to me as his father. I could pull that string and spread her legs like butter. after awhile when I would spend the day with them and it became too much to bear (too much of "so your back?") I just left them for good but kept the pics of me and her kids to show other girls that I am a decent father figure (loooooollllllll!!!!!!!!!!!! I fuckin hate kids!!!!!!)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2014, 09:36:24 AM »
If a person is on some sort of steroid, 52 weeks a year... They are addicts.

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2014, 09:39:38 AM »
Not addicts, soldiers!

Going to war everyday with the iron, you weren't there man.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2014, 10:15:31 AM »

The word ''drugs'' has to wide of a margin to classify people as ''drug addicts'', where does it end? if you take aspirin for headaches every day, are you a drug addict?

Injecting is a habit, no doubt, but to place it in the same category as rec drugs like cocaine is real dumb

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2014, 10:20:09 AM »
The word ''drugs'' has to wide of a margin to classify people as ''drug addicts'', where does it end? if you take aspirin for headaches every day, are you a drug addict?
Yeah, you are.

Watch a commercial for Aleve. It shows a man using Tylenol instead for a day, to underline the lowered benefits of acetaminophen vs. naproxen. In the ad, he stops at least 4 times to take pills for a sore knee.

Doesn't that sound like addictive behavior? And they don't even try to hide it. Or mention that he's probably frying his kidneys in the process.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2014, 10:20:49 AM »
Addiction is marked by continuous use despite major consequences. Check the dsm-IV