Author Topic: Question for OTH regarding DNP  (Read 3722 times)

Chubz

• Getbig III
Re: Question for OTH regarding DNP
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2014, 03:46:22 PM »
PLENTY OF PROS USE IT!!!!!! In fact one of the top gurus has his guys use it regularly off season and contest prep. I agree it is for lazy as fuck bodybuilders, and the ones I know that use it never place well. Lots of pros that are too lazy to eat right.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2014, 05:02:31 AM »
PLENTY OF PROS USE IT!!!!!! In fact one of the top gurus has his guys use it regularly off season and contest prep. I agree it is for lazy as fuck bodybuilders, and the ones I know that use it never place well. Lots of pros that are too lazy to eat right.

The way that DNP works would mean that growth would be nearly impossible. Why the fuck would you use it in offseason. What an absolute clown

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2014, 05:57:15 AM »
The way that DNP works would mean that growth would be nearly impossible. Why the fuck would you use it in offseason. What an absolute clown
Do explain. Yes, there is less ATP available. But more HSPs, which might counteract that.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2014, 03:33:17 PM »
Do explain. Yes, there is less ATP available. But more HSPs, which might counteract that.

DNP essentially creates a massive caloric deficit
It's not like T3 where everything is revved up with the metabolic rate, like protein synthesis and so on.
If you can out-eat the ~20% increase in metabolic rate then feel free I guess. No idea what the fat loss would be though. Seems completely counter-intuitive

Chubz

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 04:35:06 PM »
They will run 4-6 week cycles in the offseason, after a big bulk, then bulk again or get ready for a show prep and use it during contest prep. There are a lot of lazy bodybuilders, too lazy to do cardio or eat right.

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2014, 09:00:17 PM »
They will run 4-6 week cycles in the offseason, after a big bulk, then bulk again or get ready for a show prep and use it during contest prep. There are a lot of lazy bodybuilders, too lazy to do cardio or eat right.

who?

most the pros or ex-pros that I've brought up DNP with had no idea what it was.

the only ones that knew what it was were guys that worked with 'gurus'.

Cal_Lifter

• Getbig II
  • Don't stop until you get enough..
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2014, 09:25:46 PM »
DNP essentially creates a massive caloric deficit
It's not like T3 where everything is revved up with the metabolic rate, like protein synthesis and so on.
If you can out-eat the ~20% increase in metabolic rate then feel free I guess. No idea what the fat loss would be though. Seems completely counter-intuitive

That's actually not true. Depending on the dose DNP will assist in creating a caloric deficit. And unlike T3, DNP is actually protein sparing, which would help keep your hard earned muscles ;)

Doesn't sound like you've researched the drug at all.
Do Work.

oni

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2014, 03:57:26 AM »
That's actually not true. Depending on the dose DNP will assist in creating a caloric deficit. And unlike T3, DNP is actually protein sparing, which would help keep your hard earned muscles ;)

Doesn't sound like you've researched the drug at all.

So it assists in making a caloric deficit but doesn't make it?
What?

I know it's protein sparing. What the fuck has that got to do with anything? We are talking about bulking in the off season here. You really rustled my jimmies over this
Bulking then using it, then bulking again makes more sense I guess. I still think DNP is stupid though

Chubz

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2014, 05:57:57 AM »
who?

most the pros or ex-pros that I've brought up DNP with had no idea what it was.

the only ones that knew what it was were guys that worked with 'gurus'.

Yea and none of them have ever used synthol either  ;) Just ask them.
Pros LIE! I am not speaking of all pros, I just know several for sure that do. One is getting ready for the Chi. Pro

Cal_Lifter

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2014, 06:00:57 AM »
So it assists in making a caloric deficit but doesn't make it?
What?

I know it's protein sparing. What the fuck has that got to do with anything? We are talking about bulking in the off season here. You really rustled my jimmies over this
Bulking then using it, then bulking again makes more sense I guess. I still think DNP is stupid though

I'm just saying you can control the percentage increase in resting metabolism by taking a lower dose, so it doesn't necessarily have to create a massive caloric deficit. You said growth would be nearly impossible on DNP, but you imply that it wouldn't on T3 because T3 also increases protein synthesis. I'm saying DNP is more anti catabolic to muscle compared to T3, so I don't think it is counter-intuitive....but I mean I wouldn't either compound while training to gain muscle - just saying.
Do Work.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2014, 10:59:30 PM »
Yea and none of them have ever used synthol either  ;) Just ask them.
Pros LIE! I am not speaking of all pros, I just know several for sure that do. One is getting ready for the Chi. Pro
no doubt tons of pros use it, but I think it is big in some areas and not so big in others. Over here it is not popular and barely a anyone I know uses it. It is certainly not in the category of ''what all pros take''

chetanbarokar

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2014, 01:22:24 PM »
I'm just saying you can control the percentage increase in resting metabolism by taking a lower dose, so it doesn't necessarily have to create a massive caloric deficit. You said growth would be nearly impossible on DNP, but you imply that it wouldn't on T3 because T3 also increases protein synthesis. I'm saying DNP is more anti catabolic to muscle compared to T3, so I don't think it is counter-intuitive....but I mean I wouldn't either compound while training to gain muscle - just saying.

I agree. DNP is not counter intuitive. But rather its pointless in bulk. When you are in surplus, whatever caloric deficit DNP creates, wouldnt be of any use as your overall cals will be greater than your maintenance. And I dont think DNP will help in calorie partitioning thing if at all. Thus its pointless in off season. Furthermore, why feel awful while using DNP in bulk when carbs will heat you up and make you perspire unnecessarily due to DNP.

Chubz

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2014, 07:24:25 PM »
no doubt tons of pros use it, but I think it is big in some areas and not so big in others. Over here it is not popular and barely a anyone I know uses it. It is certainly not in the category of ''what all pros take''

AGREED.........just saying its out there, I know for sure, and the ones I know using it are really that lazy. My training partner used it for a national qualifier because he was behind in prep, it works, but he was completely fucking miserable for the 3 weeks he used it.

Cal_Lifter

• Getbig II
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2014, 08:59:43 PM »
AGREED.........just saying its out there, I know for sure, and the ones I know using it are really that lazy. My training partner used it for a national qualifier because he was behind in prep, it works, but he was completely fucking miserable for the 3 weeks he used it.

Yeah, it's definitely not a fun run especially if you're not in a serious relationship (assuming your partner is cool with it). Very hard to date when you're soaking the bedsheets at night and cumming yellow! Makes for awkward conversations and a lot of denial.
Do Work.

phreak

• Getbig V
  • Food is amazing
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2014, 01:59:50 AM »
Yeah, it's definitely not a fun run especially if you're not in a serious relationship (assuming your partner is cool with it). Very hard to date when you're soaking the bedsheets at night and cumming yellow! Makes for awkward conversations and a lot of denial.
I always told them I was part Chinese.