Author Topic: Man dies of heart attack after botched execution  (Read 6844 times)

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
Man dies of heart attack after botched execution
« on: April 29, 2014, 07:49:46 PM »
if there is a god and karma, maybe he isn't letting this guy out this world that easy.  i mean he capped a teen girl in a home invasion and buried her while she was still alive.  maybe the other guy was right to execute the yahoo who broke into his home.  laws in american are odd.

McALESTER, Okla. (AP) - An Oklahoma inmate whose execution was halted Tuesday because the delivery of a new drug combination was botched died of a heart attack, the head of the state Department of Corrections said.
Director Robert Patton said inmate Clayton Lockett died Tuesday after all three drugs were administered.
Patton halted Lockett's execution about 20 minutes after the first drug was administered. He said there had been vein failure.
The execution began at 6:23 p.m. when officials began administering the first drug, and a doctor declared Lockett to be unconscious at 6:33 p.m.
About three minutes later, though, Lockett began breathing heavily, writhing on the gurney, clenching his teeth and straining to lift his head off the pillow. After about three minutes, a doctor lifted the sheet that was covering Lockett to examine the injection site.
"There was some concern at that time that the drugs were not having that (desired) effect, and the doctor observed the line at that time and determined the line had blown," Patton said at a news conference afterward, referring to Lockett's vein rupturing.
After that, an official who was inside the death chamber lowered the blinds, preventing those in the viewing room from seeing what was happening.
Patton then made a series of phone calls before calling a halt to the execution.
"After conferring with the warden, and unknown how much drugs went into him, it was my decision at that time to stop the execution," Patton told reporters.
He also issued a 14-day postponement in the execution of inmate Charles Warner, who had been scheduled to die on Tuesday, two hours after Lockett was put to death.
"It was extremely difficult to watch," Lockett's attorney, David Autry, said afterward. He also questioned the amount of the sedative midazolam that was given to Lockett, saying he thought that the 100 milligrams called for in the state's execution protocol was "an overdose quantity."
It was the first time Oklahoma administered midazolam as the first drug in its execution drug combination, but other states have used it. Florida administers 500 milligrams of midazolam as part of its three-drug combination.
A four-time felon, Lockett, 38, was convicted of shooting 19-year-old Stephanie Neiman with a sawed-off shotgun and watching as two accomplices buried her alive in rural Kay County in 1999 after Neiman and a friend arrived at a home the men were robbing.
Warner had been scheduled to be put to death two hours later in the same room and on the same gurney. The 46-year-old was convicted of raping and killing his roommate's 11-month-old daughter in 1997. He has maintained his innocence.
Lockett and Warner had sued the state for refusing to disclose details about the execution drugs, including where Oklahoma obtained them.
The case, filed as a civil matter, placed Oklahoma's two highest courts at odds and prompted calls for the impeachment of state Supreme Court justices after the court last week issued a rare stay of execution. The high court later dissolved its stay and dismissed the inmates' claim that they were entitled to know the source of the drugs.
By then, Gov. Mary Fallin had weighed into the matter by issuing a stay of execution of her own - a one-week delay in Lockett's execution that resulted in both men being scheduled to die on the same day.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Man dies of heart attack after botched execution
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 07:57:49 PM »
You know.... a bullet is rather cheap and effective...and humane....

But knowing me....I would purposely miss and shot them in the fucking nuts...

Open Convict style

Heyyyyyy sexy lady....
Mr. AZ 2003

SusanFitness

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 08:01:05 PM »
if there is a god and karma, maybe he isn't letting this guy out this world that easy.  i mean he capped a teen girl in a home invasion and buried her while she was still alive.  maybe the other guy was right to execute the yahoo who broke into his home.  laws in american are odd.

McALESTER, Okla. (AP) - An Oklahoma inmate whose execution was halted Tuesday because the delivery of a new drug combination was botched died of a heart attack, the head of the state Department of Corrections said.
Director Robert Patton said inmate Clayton Lockett died Tuesday after all three drugs were administered.
Patton halted Lockett's execution about 20 minutes after the first drug was administered. He said there had been vein failure.
The execution began at 6:23 p.m. when officials began administering the first drug, and a doctor declared Lockett to be unconscious at 6:33 p.m.
About three minutes later, though, Lockett began breathing heavily, writhing on the gurney, clenching his teeth and straining to lift his head off the pillow. After about three minutes, a doctor lifted the sheet that was covering Lockett to examine the injection site.
"There was some concern at that time that the drugs were not having that (desired) effect, and the doctor observed the line at that time and determined the line had blown," Patton said at a news conference afterward, referring to Lockett's vein rupturing.
After that, an official who was inside the death chamber lowered the blinds, preventing those in the viewing room from seeing what was happening.
Patton then made a series of phone calls before calling a halt to the execution.
"After conferring with the warden, and unknown how much drugs went into him, it was my decision at that time to stop the execution," Patton told reporters.
He also issued a 14-day postponement in the execution of inmate Charles Warner, who had been scheduled to die on Tuesday, two hours after Lockett was put to death.
"It was extremely difficult to watch," Lockett's attorney, David Autry, said afterward. He also questioned the amount of the sedative midazolam that was given to Lockett, saying he thought that the 100 milligrams called for in the state's execution protocol was "an overdose quantity."
It was the first time Oklahoma administered midazolam as the first drug in its execution drug combination, but other states have used it. Florida administers 500 milligrams of midazolam as part of its three-drug combination.
A four-time felon, Lockett, 38, was convicted of shooting 19-year-old Stephanie Neiman with a sawed-off shotgun and watching as two accomplices buried her alive in rural Kay County in 1999 after Neiman and a friend arrived at a home the men were robbing.
Warner had been scheduled to be put to death two hours later in the same room and on the same gurney. The 46-year-old was convicted of raping and killing his roommate's 11-month-old daughter in 1997. He has maintained his innocence.
Lockett and Warner had sued the state for refusing to disclose details about the execution drugs, including where Oklahoma obtained them.
The case, filed as a civil matter, placed Oklahoma's two highest courts at odds and prompted calls for the impeachment of state Supreme Court justices after the court last week issued a rare stay of execution. The high court later dissolved its stay and dismissed the inmates' claim that they were entitled to know the source of the drugs.
By then, Gov. Mary Fallin had weighed into the matter by issuing a stay of execution of her own - a one-week delay in Lockett's execution that resulted in both men being scheduled to die on the same day.

glad this animal is dead. hope he suffered.

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 08:18:59 PM »
This is how we should treat the real bad guys.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8t9x_y3vFic
h

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 08:21:38 PM »
This is how we should treat the real bad guys.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8t9x_y3vFic
Nah, 30 years of appeals and millions in taxpayer dollars to keep them comfy with free tv and food is better

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 11:36:13 PM »
You know.... a bullet is rather cheap and effective...and humane....

But knowing me....I would purposely miss and shot them in the fucking nuts...

Open Convict style

Heyyyyyy sexy lady....

you're not equipped for this, tree-hugger. business is not something you're versed in, just tap out.

I've owned businesses, managed businesses, and invested in businesses. Clippers ain't a public company, I assume sterling owns a controlling share, if not 100%. you can't force a man to sell his business. if he were CEO, the board of directors could vote on terminating him, but he's not elected (hired). it's like forcing Sergey and the other guy to sell Google.com..... you can't do it. Sure, you can fire Eric Schmidt (although I believe he's stepped down already... beside the point), but you can't force Sergey and other guy (the owners) to sell.... the same way you can't force zuckerberg to sell his interest in Facebook..... the same way Annaly Capital can't force me to sell my shares because of something other shareholders see me posting on Getbig. that's not how it works kid.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 02:03:32 AM »
he showed his victims no mercy and he didn't deserve any

liberty

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 03:12:41 AM »
And now this guy gets another stay of execution for the rape and murder of his live in girlfriends 11 MONTH old baby...
Check this guys past.....
http://newsok.com/man-found-guilty-of-baby-rape-murder/article/1934580

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 04:42:43 AM »
he died so I would call it a win.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 08:18:29 AM »
Oh well. Shouldn't have been in a position to be on death row.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 08:20:04 AM »
LIKE!

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 08:21:07 AM »
And now this guy gets another stay of execution for the rape and murder of his live in girlfriends 11 MONTH old baby...
Check this guys past.....
http://newsok.com/man-found-guilty-of-baby-rape-murder/article/1934580

Raping and murdering an 11 month old baby????   How the hell did he survive in prison?? 

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 09:00:50 AM »
Why are the lawyers complaining and saying torture to death  ???

My grand father died from a heart and he never killed shit, worked hard all his life and enjoyed a quiet retirement....thousands of normal non-criminal folk die from heart attacks daily.

Bet the other chubbster who's in line in 14 days is bricking himself now he knows what happened with this one  ;D awesome to know he's shitting himself yet was so ruthless and sickening to kill and abuse that 11 months baby. I enjoy reading stuff like this
S

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 09:06:36 AM »
they should of tired to save his life , and then executed him the following day when he got better

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 09:24:27 AM »
A lot simpler/cheaper to use a rope and a tree.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 09:44:56 AM »
The death penalty is a society's ultimate indictment of itself.  Would a well run place need this?

Everyone howling for blood because HE'S a killer.  [knock knock] McFly!? 

Thou shalt not kill.  Not much gray area there.

Some good old fashioned wrath blood-vengance I can see.  Codified in law, no.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 07:55:27 PM »
The death penalty is a society's ultimate indictment of itself.  Would a well run place need this?

X2
w

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 09:41:35 PM »

We can't even rely on something as simple as honest cops and prosecutors, yet we're killing people like it is nothing.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2014, 01:50:01 AM »
We can't even rely on something as simple as honest cops and prosecutors, yet we're killing people like it is nothing.

That's why I'm so against it. If you've ever met someone who was wrongly convicted, you'd feel the same way.
Even those where there is no chance of error... it's still legislated murder... a sign of an extremely sick society  :'(
w

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2014, 09:27:01 AM »
he was scheduled to die and he is dead... sounds like things went as planned. job complete.
sept 10th APF

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2014, 11:11:05 PM »
he was scheduled to die and he is dead... sounds like things went as planned. job complete.

Not necessarily... if he has any next of kin... you might want to expect a wrongful death lawsuit,
...and chances are... they could very well win. Taxpayers should prepare to cough up a big payday to his kin  ;D
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2014, 06:45:41 AM »
A lot simpler/cheaper to use a rope and a tree.

totally green way to execute people too.  environmentally friendly death penalty.

Mr.Mojo

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2014, 01:01:42 PM »

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2014, 08:04:32 PM »
man dies during execution.... what's the problem? sounds like it went as planned. they planned to kill him, for him to die... he's dead. sounds like the plan came together.
sept 10th APF