Author Topic: Anyone tried those "flavorstone" or "stone dine" cooking pans?  (Read 3684 times)

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
are they really non stick?

and do they last for years?

or is it just BS and fake ads?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: Anyone tried those "flavorstone" or "stone dine" cooking pans?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 08:18:21 PM »
seems like a question for google or amazon's reviews.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 08:20:07 PM »
I have a similar one.  Very happy with it....not quite as resistant to sticking as a good non-stick pan, but it's 10x as durable.  You can put it on high heat, in the oven, use metal utensils, etc.

Far better than the other uncoated pans, but doesn't entirely replace non-stick.  Still, it's pretty much the only plan i use

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 08:23:51 PM »
1.  get a carbon steel pan (cheap, and could be a little thicker, but does the job: http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-CRS12-Pre-Seasoned-Skillet-12-inch/dp/B005U93RYW/ref=sr_1_1/181-9369834-6855153?ie=UTF8&qid=1398828151&sr=8-1&keywords=carbon+steel)

2.  heat til just smoking, THEN add oil.

3.  should be as nonstick as you ever need.  if anything burns to it, deglaze with a bit of water and scrape it off.

easy, easy, easy.

seems like a question for google or amazon's reviews.

wow, fascinating opinion ::)

i've noticed you reply to a lot of threads, even when you clearly have nothing to say on the subject.  you aren't that interesting, give it a rest.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 08:34:32 PM »
1.  get a carbon steel pan (cheap, and could be a little thicker, but does the job: http://www.amazon.com/Lodge-CRS12-Pre-Seasoned-Skillet-12-inch/dp/B005U93RYW/ref=sr_1_1/181-9369834-6855153?ie=UTF8&qid=1398828151&sr=8-1&keywords=carbon+steel)

3.  should be as nonstick as you ever need.  if anything burns to it, deglaze with a bit of water and scrape it off.

easy, easy, easy.

i've noticed you reply to a lot of threads, even when you clearly have nothing to say on the subject.  you aren't that interesting, give it a rest.

I have one of those too, and these greenstone-type pans are better for general cooking

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 08:38:48 PM »
Just bought one, haven't used it yet.

old-school-lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 08:43:58 PM »
let us know please calf zilla

thanks for the advices guys

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2014, 08:44:12 PM »

easy, easy, easy.

post examples.

and you should talk.. you and your circle-jerk of troll buddies.

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2014, 09:09:30 PM »
^ hahaha holy fuck talk about butt hurt and in your head.

a few of us here point out that your larger than life existence is a fraud, much like you and the garbage anabolics you make in your bathtub and peddle, and now anyone who says anything negative about you is a part of a board wide conspiracy to discredit you.

have you ever stopped to think, hey, maybe the whole board does know I'm full of shit?

it's like the only one who doesn't see it is you. obtuse much, penelope?
b

Icelord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 09:11:07 PM »
^ hahaha holy fuck talk about butt hurt and in your head.

a few of us here point out that your larger than life existence is a fraud, much like you and the garbage anabolics you make in your bathtub and peddle, and now anyone who says anything negative about you is a part of a board wide conspiracy to discredit you.

have you ever stopped to think, hey, maybe the whole board does know I'm full of shit?

it's like the only one who doesn't see it is you. obtuse much, penelope?
He's been firing on all cylinders at me the last two days. Is it your shift to take over after midnight or does TTA's 40hr cycle start again

LiftEaTsLeEpRePeAt

• Getbig IV
  • Fish
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2014, 09:34:26 PM »
whys everyone picking on this poor guy.. he is obviously retarded.  He is second cousin to Jason gervana??    I googled his lab and the better business bureau said he was legit.   
a

basil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2014, 10:45:32 PM »
To avoid all the toxic and poison shit the Chinese are coating their cookware with, you're better off going with a cast iron or form of metal non-coated.  Any non-coated surface is better for health reasons specifically, and can be used as effectively as coated if you know how to heat properly.  I could give a long explanation on how to prevent the sticking in cookware that is void of non-stick, but it's long and boring.

Long story short, heat the pan on med-high until a drop of water or two will bead and roll around the pan when dropped in.  When the water beads and rolls, the pan is hot enough for the oil.  Add the cooking oil you choose, and when the oil will 'bleed' down when the pan is tilted (just before the smoke point, usually only a few seconds after adding the oil), you can add your ingredients.  The pan will be hot enough to prevent the surface from contracting too fast/tight and gripping (thus tearing it when it's moved) the surface of the ingredient.  Hope this helps.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2014, 10:47:51 PM »
are they really non stick?

and do they last for years?

or is it just BS and fake ads?
Here is what I recommend. 

Best SKillet ever.

http://www.amazon.com/T-fal-Professional-Dishwasher-Thermo-Spot-Indicator/dp/B000GWG0T2

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2014, 10:48:52 PM »
I have one of those too, and these greenstone-type pans are better for general cooking
Green Pans are shit.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2014, 10:53:34 PM »
To avoid all the toxic and poison shit the Chinese are coating their cookware with, you're better off going with a cast iron or form of metal non-coated.  Any non-coated surface is better for health reasons specifically, and can be used as effectively as coated if you know how to heat properly.  I could give a long explanation on how to prevent the sticking in cookware that is void of non-stick, but it's long and boring.

Long story short, heat the pan on med-high until a drop of water or two will bead and roll around the pan when dropped in.  When the water beads and rolls, the pan is hot enough for the oil.  Add the cooking oil you choose, and when the oil will 'bleed' down when the pan is tilted (just before the smoke point, usually only a few seconds after adding the oil), you can add your ingredients.  The pan will be hot enough to prevent the surface from contracting too fast/tight and gripping (thus tearing it when it's moved) the surface of the ingredient.  Hope this helps.

I love cast Iron, but there are many things you cannot cook in them.  For instance a tomato based sauce WILL react and taste awful.  Other acidic foods will react as well, lime/vinegar and totally screw up a dish.  Also, you cannot get a good fond off a cast iron because you won`t be able to see it.  Making caramel is out too, or any sugar sauce.  Browning butter will be a no go as it may get too dark.

Save cast iron for Meats and Vegetables.

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 10:55:23 PM »
Green Pans are shit.

Maybe....the one I have is a higher end model and it's very good.  I have a few of the other pans referenced here, and though they have their place, they don't get used very often...my pan does it all

oldgolds

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 09:32:34 AM »
Here is what I recommend. 

Best SKillet ever.

http://www.amazon.com/T-fal-Professional-Dishwasher-Thermo-Spot-Indicator/dp/B000GWG0T2

I had one of these.Lasted about one year..

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 09:46:42 AM »

I had one of these.Lasted about one year..
Obviously, you used it incorrectly.