Author Topic: Senate blocks federal minimum wage bill  (Read 4788 times)

bears

• Getbig IV
Re: Senate blocks federal minimum wage bill
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2014, 02:49:18 PM »

Why exactly?

More money for the consumers =more consumption.

yeah its a total slam dunk.  no problem there.  just raise it to $100 an hour right?  then everyone will have tons of money and we'll all be happy and shit rainbows. fucking dumbass.

stay off the board.  go to fucking college

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2014, 02:56:30 PM »
yeah its a total slam dunk.  no problem there.  just raise it to $100 an hour right?  then everyone will have tons of money and we'll all be happy and shit rainbows. fucking dumbass.

stay off the board.  go to fucking college

Are you still here Fagbear?

We know you take 100$ an hour for your services to rich white men, but you work a lot harder on degrading yourself than burger-flippers so that would be unfair to you Bear.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2014, 03:01:06 PM »

Are you still here Fagbear?

We know you take 100$ an hour for your services to rich white men, but you work a lot harder on degrading yourself than burger-flippers so that would be unfair to you Bear.

whork.  only guys who have nothing to offer in a war of words resort to gay jokes so I'll let you have your moment as you obviously have nothing to offer when it comes to arguing politics. 

and aren't you a liberal?  shouldn't you be more tolerant of gays than the conservatives on this board? 

why do you incessantly make them the butt of all your jokes?

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2014, 04:07:53 PM »

Why exactly?

More money for the consumers =more consumption.

So flipping burgers at Mc Donalds, or stocking shelves at the local supermarket requires such a high skill set that $15/hr is justified? You get paid for your skill set, did you ever stop to think by increasing the pay of the low skilled worker, someone with actual skills is going to demand more?

More of this entitlement mentality...........
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2014, 10:46:13 PM »
whork.  only guys who have nothing to offer in a war of words resort to gay jokes so I'll let you have your moment as you obviously have nothing to offer when it comes to arguing politics. 

and aren't you a liberal?  shouldn't you be more tolerant of gays than the conservatives on this board? 

why do you incessantly make them the butt of all your jokes?

Bear. Once again you have one standard for yourself and one for the rest of us.

If you want to be addressed in a polite manner you need to do so yourself. It's a 2 way thing.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2014, 10:47:44 PM »
So flipping burgers at Mc Donalds, or stocking shelves at the local supermarket requires such a high skill set that $15/hr is justified? You get paid for your skill set, did you ever stop to think by increasing the pay of the low skilled worker, someone with actual skills is going to demand more?

More of this entitlement mentality...........

Try reading my post again.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2014, 03:58:30 AM »
Try reading my post again.

I read your post, and the question still stands
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2014, 04:40:52 AM »
Evidence of this? what you say makes sense in a correlational sense but in practice the evidence isn't there. Australia is probably the best indicator or this, perhaps certain regions of Canada as well.

Guys like Bears would be a whole lot more convincing if he'd acknowledge that there is real-world evidence that seems counter to his conclusions. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but there doesn't seem to be any real consensus about the advisability of raising the minimum wage;  There are respected and very well-educated economists on both sides of the issue.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2014, 05:11:20 AM »
If the govt wants to impose a minimum wage on employers - shouldn't they also mandate minimum productivity amounts on employees? 

RRKore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2014, 05:17:54 AM »
If the govt wants to impose a minimum wage on employers - shouldn't they also mandate minimum productivity amounts on employees? 

How would that work and is (lack of) productivity an issue these days with private employers?

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2014, 10:08:36 AM »

"Productivity" and "government" are pretty much alien to one another. Besides, how would that possibly be allowed by the unions and the grievance hustlers?
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2014, 03:12:14 PM »
I read your post, and the question still stands

I said more more $ for the poor = more money spent better economy.

I don't know why you talk about justification, I could care less.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »

I said more more $ for the poor = more money spent better economy.

I don't know why you talk about justification, I could care less.

Really? How much money has been dumped into the economy for "shovel ready" jobs........ The more they spend the worse it gets, so then force the private sector to participate in this idiocy? You get paid commensurate with your skill set. The .gov comes up with some arbitrary number and calls it a living wage. Who's fault is it that people don't have skills?

So we don't need any justification for anything anymore, just do it? The public education system has finally succeeded..........
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2014, 05:50:17 PM »
Really? How much money has been dumped into the economy for "shovel ready" jobs........ The more they spend the worse it gets, so then force the private sector to participate in this idiocy? You get paid commensurate with your skill set. The .gov comes up with some arbitrary number and calls it a living wage. Who's fault is it that people don't have skills?

So we don't need any justification for anything anymore, just do it? The public education system has finally succeeded..........

I have no idea what your point is.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2014, 03:47:45 PM »
I'm all for killing corrupt unions that kill corporations with things like lifetime $10k per month salaries and pensions with full benefits for HS graduates to turn a screw in a factory 40 hours a week for a few years. And the ability to trade with other nations is essential in a global economy.

I have no problem with properly screened Mexicans and other immigrants who come here to work, obey our laws and culture, and obtain citizenship legally through proper channels. My own ancestors were Western European immigrants and Native Americans.
A