Author Topic: Insane motorcycle crash at 140mph from the motorcyclist’s POV  (Read 9367 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

Clearly a getbigger, since we drive 140 mph on the way to grab a muscle milk from 7-11

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
Re: Insane motorcycle crash at 140mph from the motorcyclist’s POV
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 07:13:15 PM »
that`ll buff out.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 07:23:00 PM »
For the most part, people who drive those motorcyles (crotch rockets) are morons. they think they are all big and bad and trying to impress people. lol. Looks like the only thing he imPRESSED that day was the pavement.
X

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 07:28:59 PM »
I almost hit some guy this morning while he dogged around lanes and cars thinking he was the only one on the road. Had I not braked and seen him coming, he would have been really fucked up and probably ran over by other cars as well.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 07:33:44 PM »
I use to ride a lot when I was in my early 20's.  I don't know how I didn't kill my self. People make lefts in front of bikes all the time where they wouldn't consider it if a car was coming at them. A tap of a car against another car is a dent. To a motorcycle rider it could be the loss of a leg.

12 years ago I had all my money saved up to get a Honda Interceptor. I go into the show room and the salesman comes wheeling out in a wheel chair. That and the prior motorcycle accidents I saw made me change my mind.  I bought an inground pool instead. Now I float with a beer in hand looking at the clouds go by.

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2014, 07:39:55 PM »
I use to ride a lot when I was in my early 20's.  I don't know how I didn't kill my self. People make lefts in front of bikes all the time where they wouldn't consider it if a car was coming at them. A tap of a car against another car is a dent. To a motorcycle rider it could be the loss of a leg.

12 years ago I had all my money saved up to get a Honda Interceptor. I go into the show room and the salesman comes wheeling out in a wheel chair. That and the prior motorcycle accidents I saw made me change my mind.  I bought an inground pool instead. Now I float with a beer in hand looking at the clouds go by.

Interesting. A 19 year old kid used to come in and was really a nice kid. All the time, positive dude. One day his then wife (they were religious) comes in to return a bunch of unopened stuff.   I asked why he didnt need it anymore. She said, he'd been hit by a truck on the freeway months earlier and died.  Turns out, he was in fact ran over by a 18-wheeler, not just "hit by a truck".  If my son ever gets a motorcycle, i'll disable him myself.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 07:47:33 PM »
140 mph?  Seems more like 45-50 max.
a

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 09:05:01 PM »
Two years ago right in front of my work. Some young guy on a crotch rocket speed at just over 80mph in a 35 to be the first where two lanes merge into one. He slammed head on into a pick up truck that was turning. His body flew over the truck and some 50 plus feet onto the street. Paramedics where cutting his shirt off trying to work on him all while he was flopping around like a fish out of the water. He was dead on the scene. This young guy left behind a wife and young son.
  I thought if that sob had hit my wife and kids commuting to see me at work made me mad. I though......screw this guy, he got what was expected.
h

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 09:14:57 PM »
Two years ago right in front of my work. Some young guy on a crotch rocket speed at just over 80mph in a 35 to be the first where two lanes merge into one. He slammed head on into a pick up truck that was turning. His body flew over the truck and some 50 plus feet onto the street. Paramedics where cutting his shirt off trying to work on him all while he was flopping around like a fish out of the water. He was dead on the scene. This young guy left behind a wife and young son.
  I thought if that sob had hit my wife and kids commuting to see me at work made me mad. I though......screw this guy, he got what was expected.

So what you're saying is the pickup truck turned left in front of the bike and killed the rider.

Pickup driver should be charged with vehicular homicide.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 09:16:33 PM »
a month or two back, I nearly crushed a motorcyclist.   He was coming up in a 45 mph, going at least 80.  I was legally changing lanes at 43 mph like the normal schmuck does.  He swerves (he anticipated having that slot open).

He pull up next to me, 2 lanes over at the red light, flipping the bird and yelling thru his helmet about motorcyclists rights.   125 pounds wearing the helmet, skinny little punk.  I begged him to de-bike and come on over, but he didn't... sped out and reached 100+ mph in a few seconds.  

Locally, the guys riding harleys get killed time to time, by drunks late at night.  They take care of their bikes, they ride the speed limit (or a little above) and they GIVE A SHIT.

Then you have the kids, under 25, driving crotch rockets at 100 mph, screaming about their rights.  Cant stand them when they drive illegally and demand everyone respect them.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 09:16:59 PM »
I was in a very similar accident when I was 19. But I was driving at 60 mph and I wasn't wearing a helmet. A car in front of me stopped all of a sudden and I couldn't avoid it completely. I thought I was going to die.

PS: I call BS at 140 mph in the video.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2014, 09:18:44 PM »
a month or two back, I nearly crushed a motorcyclist.   He was coming up in a 45 mph, going at least 80.  I was legally changing lanes at 43 mph like the normal schmuck does.  He swerves (he anticipated having that slot open).

He pull up next to me, 2 lanes over at the red light, flipping the bird and yelling thru his helmet about motorcyclists rights.   125 pounds wearing the helmet, skinny little punk.  I begged him to de-bike and come on over, but he didn't... sped out and reached 100+ mph in a few seconds.  

Locally, the guys riding harleys get killed time to time, by drunks late at night.  They take care of their bikes, they ride the speed limit (or a little above) and they GIVE A SHIT.

Then you have the kids, under 25, driving crotch rockets at 100 mph, screaming about their rights.  Cant stand them when they drive illegally and demand everyone respect them.

240, was he wider than Heath?
X

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2014, 09:23:28 PM »

240, was he wider than Heath?

Teenage rider was 1.35 Heaths wide.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2014, 09:24:16 PM »

Mary Kay or Ashley Olsen?

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2014, 09:44:55 PM »
I ride.

they are flying. watch the lines and how fast they close in on the overhead sign in the far right lane.
b

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 09:52:23 PM »
X

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 10:00:22 PM »
I rode. Gave it up. 

Got tired of waiting an hour for a $9 shake to give me enough strength to not have two limp dicks steering.  You can't tack on mass and hid the redline in the same afternoon.

I chose the Cycle over the 'cycle

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 10:05:15 PM »
I rode. Gave it up. 

Got tired of waiting an hour for a $9 shake to give me enough strength to not have two limp dicks steering.  You can't tack on mass and hid the redline in the same afternoon.

I chose the Cycle over the 'cycle

I have no idea what you meant to say but it sounded good.

Novena

• Getbig IV
  • "commonsense" shields us from the pain of thinking
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 10:21:12 PM »
I know a trauma doctor who is a contributor and see him at fund raisers frequently.  He despises all motorcycles, calls them "murdercycles".  Whenever the subject comes up, and it does a lot with him, he calls for the outlawing of motorcycles at the Federal level.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 10:26:42 PM »

Damn, everyone is wider than heath  :-X :-X
X

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 11:02:45 PM »
that wasnt 140, no one's looking away at 140 i dont care how dumb you are. I could barely glance at the speedometer at 120 on my shitty r6

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2014, 03:13:00 AM »
Saw a rice rocket versus car in FL on 95 just north of Ft Lauderdale. My estimate was the bike was doing about 130 and the cab was doing about 40. The cab didn't see the bike and swerved into his lane. When the bike hit the back of the cab, the cabs back tires came about 3 feet off the highway.

The bike was completely compressed and demolished and the dude pin wheeled down the highway at least 100 yards.

I was first on scene, so I got a couple of guys to direct traffic and another guy to call it in. I jogged down the highway with another female bystander to see what I could do to stabilize pinwheel-guy.

I've seen some shit and been around the block a few (did some time in a morgue), but I have never seen a deader dude than this guy. Both arms and legs had multiple compound fractures with the bone protruding from his leathers. His helmeted head was turned around completely on his neck.

The woman next to me identified herself as a nurse and I said, "I don't think that you really need to check for a pulse, do you?"

She looked at me and said, "Lord no."

Anyway, I got outta there fast because I needed to pick up my wife at FLL. The highway was closed southbound for 6 hours to deal with the scene.

Black dude, named Calvin Murphy removed himself from the gene pool that day.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 05:10:38 AM »
So what you're saying is the pickup truck turned left in front of the bike and killed the rider.

Pickup driver should be charged with vehicular homicide.

Absolutely in the wrong. The left turning vehicle in America does not have the right of way in any state.

Max

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 11:35:41 AM »
I get my new bike next week and can't wait!  ;D

I ride like everyone on the road is a shit driver and is out to kill me. It wont save me from every problem but cuts some down. I'm often enraged by some of the idiots that shoot past me on their bikes.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2014, 11:39:55 AM »
Couldn`t pay me enough money to ever ride a motorcycle.