Author Topic: Insane motorcycle crash at 140mph from the motorcyclist’s POV  (Read 9358 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Insane motorcycle crash at 140mph from the motorcyclist’s POV
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2014, 03:28:26 PM »
I remember three kids getting killed on rockets within a relatively short time. Gym employee, saved for six months to buy a Honda Hurricane, killed within a week of purchase. Childhood friend taking his buddy's Ninja for a neighborhood lap, hit an overpass pylon on his first left turn. Third guy, a gym acquaintance, broadsided by a car while he was exiting his school's parking lot. All in the same year.

I still bought one, but sold it shortly after. Way too much power for an inexperienced kid. Dude I sold it to totaled it the next week. Fuck the rockets.
I was watching a vid where a long time rider was an advocate of learning how to ride on 250s first. Then move up. As opposed to getting the 600s.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2014, 04:03:13 PM »
agreed. My first bike was a Kawasaki LTD 400 (cruiser) and rode it 3yrs before going to GSXR750 of which I rode for several years before getting a Bandit 1200. Then when in my 30's decided I was ready for the high end bikes like Hayabusa, CBR1100xx and GSXR 1000. I've been riding since age of 17 and even now (36) I still respect the power of these liter bikes...they are literally rockets between your legs.

I get sick every time I see some 22yr old kid buy a R1 knowing he's probably going to kill himself or someone else. They should license bikes different.  600cc for several years without accidents to move up to under 1000cc for a couple years then after like 5yrs allow 1000cc and up license.

It may save some lives, though I'm guessing an asshat is going to be a idiot on whatever he rides regardless of cc

That sounds good, but unfortunately 600cc bikes today are as fast as liter bikes were 10 years ago... You have stock 600cc bikes running sub 10 second 1/4 miles at the track, stock.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2014, 04:09:25 PM »
The three guys I'd mentioned earlier were probably all killed on 600s. They were very popular in the mid/late 80s. Top Gun started that shit, I think.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2014, 04:55:52 PM »
The three guys I'd mentioned earlier were probably all killed on 600s. They were very popular in the mid/late 80s. Top Gun started that shit, I think.

That was a Ninja 900.  The "original" Kawasaki Ninja.  I think tiered licensing would be good for the USA but its most likely too late now to institute that into law, but riding like an idiot on the street should result in losing your license before you lose your  life or take someone else's all in the name of you think you're so bitchin'.  Or whatever goes through their little minds.

Most motorcyclists in Kommiefornia are idiots, regardless of make or model.  They should take their idiocy to a track, not public roads.  There have been at least two killed while lane splitting at speed in the San Diego and LA areas in the last couple of weeks or so.  Darwin's law indeed.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2014, 05:04:45 PM »
Couldn`t pay me enough money to ever ride a motorcycle.
i'd do it for a million

get rich or die trying

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2014, 05:30:11 PM »
That sounds good, but unfortunately 600cc bikes today are as fast as liter bikes were 10 years ago... You have stock 600cc bikes running sub 10 second 1/4 miles at the track, stock.

this

actually a skilled rider on a 600 will out ride an average rider on a liter bike.

a bike will only go as fast as you twist the throttle but today's 600's are no joke.

if I was going to urge anyone thinking of riding I'd say learn doing a few years of dirt, then when your ready for the road take an accredited racing course so you can handle what you buy.
b

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2014, 05:42:58 AM »
"There are old bikers and there are bold bikers, but there are no old bold bikers"
tank u jesus

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2014, 06:31:42 AM »
Keep the crotch rockets, give me a sled like this and I'll be happy  ;)

I have put a couple hundred miles on a chopper like that, that was plenty for me.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2014, 07:02:18 AM »
Kawasaki Ninjas took out Flex Wheeler.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #84 on: May 03, 2014, 07:32:52 AM »
Did the guy in the video die?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: May 03, 2014, 08:34:20 AM »
Keep the crotch rockets, give me a sled like this and I'll be happy  ;)

the majority of the bikes built like this have less than 1000 miles on them.  way too difficult to ride, uncomfortable on the body and too stretched out to put in the back of a truck.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: May 03, 2014, 09:36:37 AM »
I've rode and raced practically every type of motorcycle made in almost every type of racing discipline out there. I started on dirt bikes probably 40 or more years ago. I've roadraced and flattracked for years at the pro level and with that have crashed at high speed (triple digits) well over 50 times in my life without major injury.

And I don't ride on the street anymore because it's too dangerous.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #87 on: May 03, 2014, 09:37:44 AM »
I love my gsxr750, horrible drivers here and bad roads though

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2014, 11:20:03 AM »
the majority of the bikes built like this have less than 1000 miles on them.  way too difficult to ride, uncomfortable on the body and too stretched out to put in the back of a truck.

Agree. Love chops, but the stretch and rake there would make it a miserable ride. Plus, generic as fuck.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #89 on: May 03, 2014, 12:06:00 PM »
Agree. Love chops, but the stretch and rake there would make it a miserable ride. Plus, generic as fuck.

It would take a football field to make a U-turn.  ;D  I [am a fan of certain Victory and Harley-Davidsons along with a few of the other manufacturers bikes but none of them would be HD wannabees.  No race replicas, thank you.  Uncomfortable and stupid fast.  The stupid part usually comes with the owner.  ;D

Harley's Sportster '72 is sweetness to look at but would I own one?  I doubt it.  ;D

Eric2

• Getbig IV
h