Author Topic: Now I started taking orals do I really need liver protection?  (Read 1374 times)

Uncle Junior

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
Re: Now I started taking orals do I really need liver protection?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 01:23:34 PM »
My bodybuilder friend in the gym seems to think I am moron if I don't take liv52 with milk thistle.

Is this yet more broscience or do I really need it long term?

liv52/milk thistle is crap. the active ingredient silymarin (or however you spell it) is incredibly poorly absorbed.

you're much better off taking NAC and drinking a big glass of fresh squeezed lemon and grapefruit juice.

Wez

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 01:58:00 PM »
Your bodybuilder friend is the moron. Tell him oral work better with alcohol.

chetanbarokar

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 01:30:29 PM »
liv52/milk thistle is crap. the active ingredient silymarin (or however you spell it) is incredibly poorly absorbed.

you're much better off taking NAC and drinking a big glass of fresh squeezed lemon and grapefruit juice.

Cant agree more. I can surely conclude this on the basis of my liver values taken after dbol with liv52 usage and dbol without it.
Liv52 does nothing for liver.
But at 50mg/day or so dbol, I dont think one has to worry about liver. Its not that toxic that many forums made it to be.
I am soon going to pay heed to ESFitness advice and run it at the dosage of 100mg/day and see what happens.
Am sure only positive things will happen except some bloat which I can deal with for the time being.

Cal_Lifter

• Getbig II
  • Don't stop until you get enough..
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 10:11:34 AM »
I think liv52 is weak. I prefer a liver support with a high dose of NAC and TUDCA, e.g Damage Control by LGI Labs (only 30 bucks for 4 weeks). I have gotten tested after taking pro hormones while taking this product on cycle and my values were normal, albeit I haven't taken values while not taking the product, so I can't really make a comparison.

If nothing else, there are ingredients in the product that are known to be beneficial to the body. Here's a link with the product ingredients:
http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/damage-control-by-lgi-supplements
Do Work.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 09:14:18 PM »
NAC and UDCA, if ur bottle of NAC comes with milk thistle, great... but milk thistle on its own is meh.. it is an anti oxidant which can't hurt.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 09:15:41 PM »
Nah your liver Will be fine