Author Topic: Steve Reeves - Measurements - How Strong Was He?  (Read 47591 times)

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
Steve Reeves - Measurements - How Strong Was He?
« on: May 02, 2014, 03:20:08 AM »
I remember reading Steve Reeves had a 52 inch chest and I was always a little skeptical. Then I saw this photo. It says 52 inch shoulders which I can believe. So, what was correct getbig? Did Reeves have a 52 inch chest?

S

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
Re: Steve Reeves Measurements
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 06:37:42 AM »
Doubting the arms number.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 06:38:28 AM »
I'm sure Vince Basile measured him in 1908 Mr Oldympia
S

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 06:46:23 AM »

Wes watched Steve Reeves grow up from a young whippersnapper.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2014, 06:53:41 AM »

You're right. I'll await Basile's measurement info.
S

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 06:59:45 AM »
Not too certain but I believe his measurements were as follows:

Chest 52" (Expanded) 50" (Relaxed)

Thighs 26"

Arms 18.5"

Neck 18.5"

Calves 18.5"

Waist 27"

Height 6' 1"

Weight 215

Regardless, outside of Arnold on drugs it doesn't really get any better.  Reg Park is another great one that did it on his own.  Reeves influenced Draper and Zane and to a lesser extent Arnold, whose main inspiration came from Park.  Bill Pearl was also a great admirer of Steve.

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 07:22:08 AM »

Thighs 26"

Arms 18.5"

Neck 18.5"

Calves 18.5"

Waist 27"

Height 6' 1"

Weight 215

Regardless, outside of Arnold on drugs it doesn't really get any better.  Reg Park is another great one that did it on his own.  Reeves influenced Draper and Zane and to a lesser extent Arnold, whose main inspiration came from Park.  Bill Pearl was also a great admirer of Steve.

Those were the measurements I saw. His chest doesn't look that big to me and the 27 inch waist I think is questionable too.
S

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2014, 08:14:42 AM »
Those were the measurements I saw. His chest doesn't look that big to me and the 27 inch waist I think is questionable too.

I have known a couple of men that trained along side him a few times and they said he was a big guy, with great aesthetics.  Women especially, loved the man. 

Wish I looked half that good! ;D

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 08:19:13 AM »
not a snowball chance in hell those arms are 18,5"

consider the following, this is a 19" arm and I know for a fact this is a slack measurement, it's obvious, AND those measuring devices are crap which leave gaps in between the arm and the tape

so this is more in between 18,5" and 19" in reality

and this homo probably pumped up as well

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 09:13:58 AM »
I have known a couple of men that trained along side him a few times and they said he was a big guy, with great aesthetics.  Women especially, loved the man. 

Wish I looked half that good! ;D

No doubt he looked great. I also think his ratios for the perfect physique were pretty close. Biceps should be so many percent larger than the wrist etc. I can't remember the exact ratios.
S

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 10:55:48 AM »

Thighs 26"

Arms 18.5"

Neck 18.5"

Calves 18.5"

Waist 27"

Height 6' 1"

Weight 215

close height 6 ft 1 weight 220 lbs chest 52, waist 29 thighs 29 arms, neck and calves all 18.  but does it really matter when you look like this.
F

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 11:23:50 AM »
taller guys have bigger frames, so bigger measurements that actually look smaller than a 5'10" guy

also, who gives a shit

snx

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 04:57:55 PM »
I just showed my wife the pics in this thread.

Her words: "now that's a good looking man. Who cares about the muscles, he's got a nice face."

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 04:58:50 PM »
I just showed my wife the pics in this thread.

Her words: "now that's a good looking man. Who cares about the muscles, he's got a nice face."
it's the full head of hair that makes an average face look nice

trust me i'm a hair analyst

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 05:01:06 PM »
it's the full head of hair that makes an average face look nice

trust me i'm a hair analyst

When it came to "looks", Steve Reeves was anything but "average".  There are men who look better when bald, most notably Yul Brynner.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 05:01:53 PM »

This. The fuck his waist is 27 or 29 inches. Too wide. And that chest 52"?  Fucking lol. Same as Arnold had a 58" chest. I'd believe Coleman's was 58" or 60" whatever he claimed, he looked inhuman, Reeves was a marketing tool, plain and simple.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2014, 05:02:52 PM »
When it came to "looks", Steve Reeves was anything but "average".  There are men who look better when bald, most notably Yul Brynner.
he doesnt look like a victoria secret model to me

just some rich kid with good hair

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2014, 05:12:37 PM »
This. The fuck his waist is 27 or 29 inches. Too wide. And that chest 52"?  Fucking lol. Same as Arnold had a 58" chest. I'd believe Coleman's was 58" or 60" whatever he claimed, he looked inhuman, Reeves was a marketing tool, plain and simple.

To quote a friend, Coleman has a "wasteline".   Has to measure in the mid-forties.  He's so overweight it's a challenge for him to just breathe.  What a carapace of a gut.  Reeves is an aesthetic god with looks that make women swoon.   Arnold is The Man when it comes to the druggies, but Steve and Reg Park are legendary for not just who they were, but what they represented.  Real bodybuilding.

Coleman's a legend in Schmoetopia. 

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2014, 05:14:24 PM »
To quote a friend, Coleman has a "wasteline".   Has to measure in the mid-forties.  He's so overweight it's a challenge for him to just breathe.  What a carapace of a gut.  Reeves is an aesthetic god with looks that make women swoon.   Arnold is The Man when it comes to the druggies, but Steve and Reg Park are legendary for not just who they were, but what they represented.  Real bodybuilding.

Coleman's a legend in Schmoetopia.  

Coleman destroys your "aesthetic god", most women would laugh at the claim that reeves actually lifts weights

THIS is a bodybuilder bitches

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2014, 05:14:47 PM »
Doubting the arms number.

lol why. He was 6'+

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2014, 05:22:34 PM »
Coleman destroys your "aesthetic god", most women would laugh at the claim that reeves actually lifts weights

Coleman is fast losing his physique and all because he built it with drugs.  I've known plenty of women that find Steve Reeves handsome and not a single one has ever said anything remotely as childish as questioning whether or not he lifted weights.   His face is very handsome.  Contrast that with Ronnie's mug.  Coleman's face looks like something a fly might throw up on.  His body is on the way to matching it.  Sad, really.  Coleman's voice is painful to listen to.  Reeves real voice was masculine and deep and void of the painful inflections of retardation that so permeate Ronnie's vocalizations.

In other words, Reeves looked (like Nubret, Zane and Paris to name just three) and sounded like a god.  Coleman (like Cutler, Yates and Nasser to name but three)  looks like he's from another planet.  The planet of the shaved apes. 

thebrink

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2014, 05:24:45 PM »
Coleman is fast losing his physique and all because he built it with drugs.  I've known plenty of women that find Steve Reeves handsome and not a single one has ever said anything remotely as childish as questioning whether or not he lifted weights.   His face is very handsome.  Contrast that with Ronnie's mug.  Coleman's face looks like something a fly might throw up on.  His body is on the way to matching it.  Sad, really.  Coleman's voice is painful to listen to.  Reeves real voice was masculine and deep and void of the painful inflections of retardation that so permeate Ronnie's vocalizations.

In other words, Reeves looked (like Nubret, Zane and Paris to name just three) and sounded like a god.  Coleman (like Cutler, Yates and Nasser to name but three)  looks like he's from another planet.  The planet of the shaved apes. 

2 different "sports." Reeves and Coleman hardly have anything in common.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2014, 05:27:09 PM »

What the hell are you talking about, Reeves made women cream themselves just by looking at them.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2014, 05:31:17 PM »
2 different "sports." Reeves and Coleman hardly have anything in common.

Outside of both being bodybuilders, I would agree.  And like bodybuilding, how they are viewed by the population both in general and in specific, is highly subjective.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2014, 05:32:56 PM »

Reeves was the drug experiment of his day. If gh/insulin/igf has been known then he'd ave died with a gut. Both were used to sell shit. Supps, a lifestyle, whatever.