Author Topic: Unemployment and Jobs Just Get Worse and Worse...Thanks Obama!  (Read 6612 times)

AD2100

• Getbig IV
:D

U.S. payrolls surge in April, jobless rate hits 5-1/2 year low
Reuters By Lucia Mutikani

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. job growth increased at its fastest pace in more than two years in April and the unemployment rate dived to a 5-1/2 year low of 6.3 percent, suggesting a sharp rebound in economic activity early in the second quarter.

Nonfarm payrolls surged 288,000 last month, the Labor Department said on Friday. That was the largest gain since January 2012 and beat Wall Street's expectations for only a 210,000 increase.

The unemployment rate tumbled 0.4 percentage point, touching its lowest level since September 2008.

AD2100

• Getbig IV
Re: Unemployment and Jobs Just Get Worse and Worse...Thanks Obama!
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2014, 06:06:03 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2014, 06:20:52 AM »
So if nothing is happening and the UE is falling - does that mean the economy is best when O-chooms gets nothing done?

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2014, 06:29:31 AM »
Great!!

So there's no longer any need for the FED to keep pumping billions of dollars, no need for amnesty since the USA "clearly" has enough workers to fill every single position, USA can now cut back on unemployment benefits and welfare benefits and there is no need for minimum wage increase since the job market has many jobs available AT GREAT WAGES!!

So why are democrats still whining like whores? Why do we need the democratic party for? They have no other issues to "solve".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2014, 06:44:56 AM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-02/payrolls-in-u-s-rise-by-most-since-2012-unemployment-at-6-3-.html

800k left the work place

That is the main reason and it's very bad.

The effect on the UE rate by people leaving the workforce has been explained many times to the retard who started this thread.

I just decided to play along with his delusion. If he is right that the economy is doing GREAT, then what is the need for the Democratic party's existence and their continued calls for immigration reform, increase in minimum wage, continuing the extension of UE benefits, the creation of new entitlements, and for the Fed to continue to pump money into the economy?

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2014, 07:00:04 AM »
That is the main reason and it's very bad.

The effect on the UE rate by people leaving the workforce has been explained many times to the retard who started this thread.

I just decided to play along with his delusion. If he is right that the economy is doing GREAT, then what is the need for the Democratic party's existence and their continued calls for immigration reform, increase in minimum wage, continuing the extension of UE benefits, the creation of new entitlements, and for the Fed to continue to pump money into the economy?

Correct. It isn't good.

Also, the majority of those jobs created were, yet again, low wage, low skill, low benefit jobs.

Wages are also continuing to stagnate/decline.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2014, 08:23:36 AM »

U.S. payrolls surge in April, jobless rate hits 5-1/2 year low
Reuters By Lucia Mutikani

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. job growth increased at its fastest pace in more than two years in April and the unemployment rate dived to a 5-1/2 year low of 6.3 percent, suggesting a sharp rebound in economic activity early in the second quarter.

Nonfarm payrolls surged 288,000 last month, the Labor Department said on Friday. That was the largest gain since January 2012 and beat Wall Street's expectations for only a 210,000 increase.

The unemployment rate tumbled 0.4 percentage point, touching its lowest level since September 2008.

that's good news.  doesn't prove anything to anyone.  I want the country to do well.  I like to hear this shit. 

but you post it like it says something more than we are doing just as poorly as we were when Bush left office. 

um....yay?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2014, 08:40:16 AM »
Benny still is UE

AD2100

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 02:27:45 PM »
:)

:)

???

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 03:08:31 PM »
i'm sure 333386/SC will spin this to be a negative.
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 03:20:32 PM »
800k left the workforce.   

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 05:26:27 PM »
i'm sure 333386/SC will spin this to be a negative.

Again, the number itself isn't all that hot, it just looks smashing relative to what came before.

Facts to think about:

-Majority of that 288k as well as overall jobs created in last 5-6 years have been low wage, low skill, low hour, low benefit jobs i.e. "service," "hospitality," etc

-The U.E. rate has declined to 6.3% because another 835k people left the labor force....that isn't good, that's horrible.

-Wages for 90% of the nation continue to, at best, stagnate and at worst decline. Actually the decline has been about 5% in mean wages over the past 5-6 years.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2014, 07:25:38 PM »
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-05-02/payrolls-in-u-s-rise-by-most-since-2012-unemployment-at-6-3-.html

800k left the work place

People leave the workplace all the time....the majority of them are doing something called RETIRING.... ::)
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2014, 08:04:17 PM »

People leave the workplace all the time....the majority of them are doing something called RETIRING.... ::)

GigantorX

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 08:50:33 AM »

Nope. Biggest gains of employment are coming in the 55 and oldet crowd.

Sorry!

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 09:52:31 AM »
um.... I hope you are aware that when someone's unemployment benefits eventually run out they are no longer counted as "unemployed"

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2014, 12:21:01 PM »
We're still net minus on jobs since Obama took office. The number of jobs gained in the last 5+ years is still lower than the total number of jobs lost. Many of the jobs added are part-time. 30 hours a week is now "full time", and more people are now under-employed.

Workforce participation is at its lowest in 35+ years. 50 million now in poverty. 50 million now on food stamps - double what they were 5 years ago. National debt nearly doubled in 5 years in a zero interest rate environment.
A

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 04:01:08 PM »
We're still net minus on jobs since Obama took office. The number of jobs gained in the last 5+ years is still lower than the total number of jobs lost. Many of the jobs added are part-time. 30 hours a week is now "full time", and more people are now under-employed.

Workforce participation is at its lowest in 35+ years. 50 million now in poverty. 50 million now on food stamps - double what they were 5 years ago. National debt nearly doubled in 5 years in a zero interest rate environment.

The cream will always rise and the poor will sink.

There's 1000s upon 1000s of jobs available in the US, UK and Europe right now. Right this minute. Millions really.

The jobs ARE there, the skill sets isn't. People expect to fuck around at school, make terrible life decisions and still lead a rich and happy life?

So the question isn't about jobs or the lack of, it's how you get people to take responsibility for themselves.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2014, 05:44:33 PM »
The jobs ARE there, the skill sets isn't. People expect to fuck around at school, make terrible life decisions and still lead a rich and happy life?

REALLY good points here!    

I visit a college campus from time to time... it's insane how casual most kids are.  Granted, it's a state university...
Toss in their justifications that it's okay to bar fight, drink at 18, smoke pot, "experiment" with drugs... when you're 18, you're an adult.  If you sell a little coke for your buddy... you're not a foolish kid, you're a damn drug dealer.

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2014, 02:34:06 PM »
The cream will always rise and the poor will sink.

There's 1000s upon 1000s of jobs available in the US, UK and Europe right now. Right this minute. Millions really.

So the question isn't about jobs or the lack of, it's how you get people to take responsibility for themselves.

I don't expect anyone or everyone to be guaranteed to "lead a rich and happy life".

I don't expect anyone to be "rich" who is unwilling or unable to do what is necessary to lead such a life. I never said or implied such a thing, and I don't know where you're getting that from my post.

I was pointing out simple facts that some are either unaware of or choose to ignore because they want to believe the country is doing so great. Those total "jobs gained" are merely replacing some of the total jobs lost. And many of those jobs gained are part time, the definition of "full time" has changed. 50 million are in poverty, 50 million are on food stamps, labor participation is lowest it's been in 35+ years, national debt is up a good 70+ % in five years despite historically low interest rates.

As for school, some of the richest people on earth never got a college degree. It helps but certainly doesn't guarantee anything.

I agree that people need to take responsibility for themselves, but the current US climate is anything but business friendly. 35% corp tax, increasing regulations, radical environmentalists running amok, etc.

Things could always be better, particularly these days.

Sure there are always jobs in certain fields and in certain areas, but I certainly don't think that we're headed in the right direction as a country or that we're doing better than 15, 20, 25 years ago. What would happen if the current admin decided to ban all oil and gas drilling, for instance? It wouldn't surprise me, considering that they did in fact do that very thing with offshore rigs several years ago.
A