Author Topic: Toronto's Sexiest DIY Handyman used to be in a boy band  (Read 74530 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Toronto's Sexiest DIY Handyman used to be in a boy band
« on: May 03, 2014, 02:00:31 AM »
Toronto's favourite & sexiest DIY'er, more affectionately known as "Hotty Scotty" sat in the red chair tonight, with George Stroumboulopoulos, to promote his latest book, when George blind-sided him... bringing out a pic from his boy band days in Next Element. lol.

Like a good sport, Scott sucked it up, but he made sure to post the clip to his friends on facebook before it aired.

He's such a cute hotty. I swear if he wasn't already married with kids, ...I would sooo be all over him :P

Scott McGillivray shows off some moves from his boy band days

w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Re: Toronto's Sexiest DIY Handyman used to be in a boy band
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 02:27:40 AM »
When I saw the thread title I thought you were referring to Mike Holmes
A

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 04:10:39 PM »

Sorry to have to tell you 24, but Toronto and Canada are so not on the map.  Noone cares what's going on in TO other than Torontonians in September when you do a bit of a film fest and everyone arrives from NY and Cali.  That's about it.  No one really knows or cares where Canada is.  It's boring.   Yawn.  I had to leave.

Turn on the news in Canada and there isn't any.  No politics.  A bit of hockey is the main headline most days?

Sexiest DIY boy?  Is that a Canadian joke I don't get?  Does it rhyme with that Beiber bad boy?, the most famous Canadian ever?

xL

why are you all over every board 24? 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 01:34:30 AM »
When I saw the thread title I thought you were referring to Mike Holmes

Sorry, I don't know who that is... are you referring to the guy from Platinum Blonde?

Sorry to have to tell you 24, but Toronto and Canada are so not on the map.  Noone cares what's going on in TO other than Torontonians in September when you do a bit of a film fest and everyone arrives from NY and Cali.  That's about it.  No one really knows or cares where Canada is.  It's boring.   Yawn.  I had to leave.

Turn on the news in Canada and there isn't any.  No politics.  A bit of hockey is the main headline most days?

Sexiest DIY boy?  Is that a Canadian joke I don't get?  Does it rhyme with that Beiber bad boy?, the most famous Canadian ever?

xL

why are you all over every board 24?  

Actually Linda, Canada has changed considerably since you left. Plenty of news & politics. ...not all hockey anymore

Scott McGillivray is the host of HGTV's "Income Property" TV show. He's like a sexy Canadian version of Bob Vila, ...except Bob Vila was just a hairy handyman, while Scott parlayed a University project into a career. He started buying & renovating homes, turning them into income properties, and developed quite a real-estate empire for himself while still in his early 20's. He would be repeatedly called on as an expert to discuss the topic of realestate investing in income producing cashflow properties.

With his gorgeous dimples & chiclets smile, he became a mainstay consultant on "The Marilyn Dennis Show." You have to remember Marilyn Dennis? She used to do the morning show on CHUM Radio "Roger, Rick & Marilyn" ...Well she took over Dini Petty's show "City Line" in the 90's, then when Rogers took over CITY TV, she left. Well she retired for a few years, but couldn't sit at home. In early 2011, she came out of retirement to host her own show in her former 10am timeslot on CTV.  Everytime Scott made an appearance, the ratings would soar. It got to the point where he was so popular with the audience, she would keep bringing him on, ...even when they weren't even doing a home reno segment. She even had him on during cooking shows. lol. I can remember one episode where he was decorating gingerbread houses. It was a riot. Someone had the bright idea to give him his own TV show, so now, he has his own show on HGTV, where he showcases home renovations, teaching people how to reno kitchens, bathrooms, basements etc., as well as increase property values for resale, flips, and cashflow.

He just released another book and went on George Stroumboulopoulos to promote it. You have to remember George. He used to do the New Music on CITY TV when it was just starting out? Now he's with the CBC.

Anyway, I think Scott McGillivray or "Hottie Scottie" as I like to call him is quite the eye candy.  :P

PS: Is there a law that says I'm only permitted to post on only one board?
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 06:55:20 AM »
Sorry, I don't know who that is... are you referring to the guy from Platinum Blonde?

Actually Linda, Canada has changed considerably since you left. Plenty of news & politics. ...not all hockey anymore

Scott McGillivray is the host of HGTV's "Income Property" TV show. He's like a sexy Canadian version of Bob Vila, ...except Bob Vila was just a hairy handyman, while Scott parlayed a University project into a career. He started buying & renovating homes, turning them into income properties, and developed quite a real-estate empire for himself while still in his early 20's. He would be repeatedly called on as an expert to discuss the topic of realestate investing in income producing cashflow properties.

With his gorgeous dimples & chiclets smile, he became a mainstay consultant on "The Marilyn Dennis Show." You have to remember Marilyn Dennis? She used to do the morning show on CHUM Radio "Roger, Rick & Marilyn" ...Well she took over Dini Petty's show "City Line" in the 90's, then when Rogers took over CITY TV, she left. Well she retirement for a few years, but couldn't sit at home. In early 2011, she came out of retirement to host her own show in her former 10am timeslot on CTV.  Everytime Scott made an appearance, the ratings would soar. It got to the point where he was so popular with the audience, she would keep bringing him on, ...even when they weren't even doing a home reno segment. She even had him on during cooking shows. lol. I can remember one episode where he was decorating gingerbread houses. It was a riot. Someone had the bright idea to give him his own TV show, so now, he has his own show on HGTV, where he showcases home renovations, teaching people how to reno kitchens, bathrooms, basements etc., as well as increase property values for resale, flips, and cashflow.

He just released another book and went on George Stroumboulopoulos to promote it. You have to remember George. He used to do the New Music on CITY TV when it was just starting out? Now he's with the CBC.

Anyway, I think Scott McGillivray or "Hottie Scottie" as I like to call him is quite the eye candy.  :P

PS: Is there a law that says I'm only permitted to post on only one board?

Holmes on homes. 
A

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 07:04:29 AM »
I was expecting Mike Holmes too.  Love that guy (no homo).  I like Canada. My parents lived there for a bit, have one sister who is Canadian. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 01:17:59 AM »

Holmes on homes. 

The catch phrase sounds familiar, but I don't think I've ever seen his show, ...not that I can recall anyways.
I thought you were talking about Mark Holmes, band member from one thosee 80's hair bands "Platinum Blond"
I had a few girlfriends who appeared in their rock video "Wave Babies" OY!!!  :-[ What were they ever thinking?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 01:21:02 AM »
Now that I think about it... Wave Babies was Honeymoon Suite... just as bad.  :-[
w

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 03:12:27 AM »
The catch phrase sounds familiar, but I don't think I've ever seen his show, ...not that I can recall anyways.
I thought you were talking about Mark Holmes, band member from one thosee 80's hair bands "Platinum Blond"
I had a few girlfriends who appeared in their rock video "Wave Babies" OY!!!  :-[ What were they ever thinking?

It was the 80's, none of us were thinking.
A

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 03:31:29 PM »

It was the 80's, none of us were thinking.

;D
w

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 05:27:50 PM »
I was only 10 in 1985...Old farts!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 03:03:48 PM »
I was only 10 in 1985...Old farts!

You are about {holding my fingers 2 millimetres apart} THIS closing to dying!
The only reason you're still breathing is because I wasn't born until 1992. I'm only 21!
That's my story, ...and I'm sticking to it.  ;D
w

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 04:43:53 PM »
 :P :-*

24KT

• Getbig V
w