Author Topic: Derby Day  (Read 2554 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Derby Day
« on: May 03, 2014, 12:45:40 PM »
I've got....

1. Candy Boy

2. California Chrome

3. Uncle Sigh

I won $5k in 2012

Chadwick The Beta

• Getbig V
  • "Stop calling me by my name."
Re: Derby Day
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 01:45:59 PM »
A six hour broadcast for a race that is hilariously short.
K

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 01:56:30 PM »
A six hour broadcast for a race that is hilariously short.

Derby is the main race. There are 12 other races before that

njanvi

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 02:12:01 PM »
Same people who wanted to give Vick death cheer on bunch of small people beating on horses to run fast for their pleasure

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2014, 02:55:13 PM »
Same people who wanted to give Vick death cheer on bunch of small people beating on horses to run fast for their pleasure

That was a ridiculous statement

njanvi

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 03:02:28 PM »
That was a ridiculous statement

Explain

Why is it ok to abuse, beat, torture and ultimately kill horses? Because its refined?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 03:07:08 PM »
Explain

Why is it ok to abuse, beat, torture and ultimately kill horses? Because its refined?

Not a lot of horse "killing" these days... Even horse's that get broken legs, while unable to race again, usually live pretty long horse lives.

The other stuff I can't really comment on.

njanvi

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 03:09:10 PM »
Not a lot of horse "killing" these days... Even horse's that get broken legs, while unable to race again, usually live pretty long horse lives.

Fair
Coach on the other hand will just deny. He's perfectly ok with double standards as long as it fits his agenda

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 03:22:56 PM »
Fair
Coach on the other hand will just deny. He's perfectly ok with double standards as long as it fits his agenda

They're not exactly fighting to the death you retard. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 03:37:47 PM »
I've got....

1. Candy Boy

2. California Chrome

3. Uncle Sigh

I won $5k in 2012

Missed it by one...damn

And not a single horse was injured.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2014, 04:00:25 PM »
I've got....

1. Candy Boy

2. California Chrome

3. Uncle Junior

I won $5k in 2012

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2014, 04:51:06 PM »

They shot a horse right on the race track a couple years back because he broke it's leg during the race...It was at one of the big 3 races. Forget who it was but remember seeing the curtains go up quick and the announcers say they have to put it down.

Mr. MB

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2014, 04:55:25 PM »
California Chrome owned by a one horse stable called Dumb Ass Partners, DAP Racing. Recently turned down 6 million for a 51% ownership. Colt cost them $10,500. Has his nutts so his jizz will be worth millions.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2014, 04:58:00 PM »
Explain

Have you seen the whips? They make whiffle bats look like crow bars. These horses weigh 300kg+, it's nothing to them. Don't know about the USA but in Ireland and UK they are restricted to how often theycan use it, especially in the last few furlongs. Dog fighting is one dog kills the other, no comparison.

I'm not the biggest fan of horse racing, in fact I find it boring, but to compare it to horse racing is a joke.  

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 05:01:38 PM »
who won?

Can't believe I missed the Kentucky Derby.  They don't even mention it on the British news.  Thank you GetBig for letting me know it was today...     I guess I could google it.  I adore the horses.  I watch it every Saturday and my Unca Alan puts bets on for me and we more often than not win a few squid, £1 each way at 10-1 is such fun...

This year I didn't get the winner of our Grand National, but last year I did, at 33-1, Neptune, a gray

WHO WON?  did you?  It's the biggest most dangerous race of the year and I'll have to uTube it if you don't respond right now. xL

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 05:04:45 PM »
who won?

Can't believe I missed the Kentucky Derby.  They don't even mention it on the British news.  Thank you GetBig for letting me know it was today...     I guess I could google it.  I adore the horses.  I watch it every Saturday and my Unca Alan puts bets on for me and we more often than not win a few squid, £1 each way at 10-1 is such fun...

This year I didn't get the winner of our Grand National, but last year I did, at 33-1, Neptune, a gray

WHO WON?  did you?  It's the biggest most dangerous race of the year and I'll have to uTube it if you don't respond right now. xL

I bet on Big Shu or whatever way it's spelled. 25/1. Only sports bet I do each year. It fell at third hurdle. Least it didn't get shot like most of my past picks. Why I hate betting on sports.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 05:06:42 PM »
They shot a horse right on the race track a couple years back because he broke it's leg during the race...It was at one of the big 3 races. Forget who it was but remember seeing the curtains go up quick and the announcers say they have to put it down.

Horse that was killed at the track in 2007. Horse named Mending fences was shot right on the track after breaking it's leg...This happened at a preliminary race at the preakness...

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/triplecrown07/news/story?id=2876408

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 05:08:30 PM »
who won?

California Chrome. A local right here out of Los Alamitos.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2014, 05:13:16 PM »
Explain

Don't be ridiculous, the horses love it.  When they unseat the jockey they keep going.  

Don't be silly, the horses are trained day in and day out and are loving it.

>>I will not have the argument that it is animal cruelty.  The riders take as big a risk.  It's wonderful.  It's a 3-minute adrenalin rush if you've got a tenner on any horse and a big mad giddy dance if your horse wins.  I regularly go to Ascot, Sandown and Kempton (or used to) and have been to Newmarket out east and Chester and Haydock up north.  It's a wonderful day out and it's rare that anyone dies.  

It's scary yep, >>>but it's spectacular sport

xL

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 05:16:28 PM »
California Chrome. A local right here out of Los Alamitos.

The owners of California Chrome bought the horse for around 8 grand. People laughed at the guys. Before the race, someone offered 6 million dollars for 51% of owner rights from California Chrome. The owner turned them down and then when on to win the Derby...Hollywood already lining up for a movie deal if this horse goes on to win a triple crown.

Leatherneck

• Getbig IV
  • Still as lean, just as mean, former US Marine
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2014, 05:24:45 PM »
I thought it was going to go 18-19-5. I was way wrong and happy I didn't bet this year.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2014, 05:30:37 PM »

Don't be ridiculous, the horses love it.  When they unseat the rider they keep going.  

Don't be silly, the horses are trained day in and day out and are loving it.

>>I will not have the argument that it is animal cruelty.  The riders take as big a risk.  It's wonderful.  It's a 3-minute adrenalin rush if you've got a tenner on any horse and a big mad giddy dance if your horse wins.  I regularly go to Ascot, Sandown and Kempton (or used to) and have been to Newmarket out east and Chester and Haydock up north.  It's a wonderful day out and it's rare that anyone dies.  

It's scary yep, >>>but it's spectacular sport

xL

I agree. I love it. I started getting into it almost 10 years ago when I met my wife. Her family is huge into it and had horses run in it. They mostly raced in Australia but were trained in KY. We went a couple of weeks ago to Santa Anita on Easter and had a blast.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2014, 05:38:01 PM »
Waaaaa the favourite won, that's rare!

xL

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2014, 05:41:34 PM »

Exactly.  Horse killing is illegal in the United States.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2014, 05:43:10 PM »

Horse that was killed at the track in 2007. Horse named Mending fences was shot right on the track after breaking it's leg...This happened at a preliminary race at the preakness...

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/triplecrown07/news/story?id=2876408
You would have to do that if it happened on a farm as well, depending on the severity.