Author Topic: Dealing with friends who owe you money (£4800 recovered, ROLEX SOLD)  (Read 6792 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Dealing with friends who owe you money
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2014, 02:58:54 PM »
A friend who doesn't pay you back is not a friend.

Next Question.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2014, 02:59:35 PM »
I know that,but it looks good on paper.

I will say that a few well placed baseball bats to the cranium,would result in a no repeat of said unpaid debt.

On a sidenote,I hate how these deadbeats flip the script and try to make the lender look like the villian just because they insisted on being paid back.

Where I come from,if you borrow cash,you pay it back or suffer the consequences.

when its a good friend it different mate.
i pray to god i dont have to hit a lad i grew up with over money, its bad enought that money ruins friendship withou the guilt of huring a lifelong friend

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2014, 03:02:15 PM »
when its a good friend it different mate.
i pray to god i dont have to hit a lad i grew up with over money, its bad enought that money ruins friendship withou the guilt of huring a lifelong friend
I hear ya` bud,it`s just too bad shit like this has to happen at all.

If you don`t have the cash,just make a payment plan with the guy you owe and stick to it.  :(

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2014, 03:07:00 PM »
I hear ya` bud,it`s just too bad shit like this has to happen at all.

If you don`t have the cash,just make a payment plan with the guy you owe and stick to it.  :(

i agree mate, i know if situation was reversed my no 1 priority would be to get the money repaid, its the least i could do after he was good enough to help me out

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2014, 03:10:49 PM »
i agree mate, i know if situation was reversed my no 1 priority would be to get the money repaid, its the least i could do after he was good enough to help me out
Exactly..........right is right.

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2014, 03:16:15 PM »
QUICK PDATE

I've taken possession of his Rolex date just 2....still at my house will post up later or tomorrow as it's late, but the Rolex is in my pocket...now resolving other issues.
S

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2014, 03:17:06 PM »
QUICK PDATE

I've taken possession of his Rolex date just 2....still at my house will post up later or tomorrow as it's late, but the Rolex is in my pocket...now resolving other issues.
Good for you bro.

Simple Simon

« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2014, 03:19:09 PM »
QUICK PDATE

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2014, 03:22:43 PM »
QUICK PDATE

Did he turn it over to you willingly?  If you "liberated" it, it could be awkward.  Even with the debt. 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2014, 03:30:03 PM »
I don't wana come across like a tight git here, but I have a friend who owes me 6k so far, I've had to bail him out many times and pay his rent and patch him up with 500 here and there.....now I don't mind helping but i also tried to give him advice abt how to get out of that mess...move out from that expensive area, sell your Rolex's (he has two) give back the Z4.....he's done none of if....and was gona pay me back 1000 every two months this year to get even. So far 750 in 5 months

Have you guys any advice on best way to approach this without ruining the friendship, I don't need the cash, but the principle behind it is that he pays me back for putting my wallet out there when no one would and saving his ass.
im guessing the debtee has a drug problem and is shorter and smaller than you, its how it always works.
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2014, 03:36:12 PM »
i would bet my password that the debtee is shorter that skorpio

you cant trust anyone under 5'11
A

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2014, 03:44:58 PM »
Don't be friends with broke people. People that go broke are usual stupid and dumb people. Such stupid people have very little social intelligence and to survive they have to be devious.

I'll never ever trust a poor person. Nor would I have anything to do with them, least of all be in a position for them to owe me money.

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2014, 03:50:07 PM »
Don't be friends with broke people. People that go broke are usual stupid and dumb people. Such stupid people have very little social intelligence and to survive they have to be devious.

I'll never ever trust a poor person. Nor would I have anything to do with them, least of all be in a position for them to owe me money.

Fuck.

It angers me that this is reality

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2014, 09:52:26 PM »
QUICK PDATE

Kidnap his girlfriend.

A Righteous Sort

• Getbig III
  • Magnificent looks, superior memory
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2014, 11:02:50 PM »
I don't wana come across like a tight git here, but I have a friend who owes me 6k so far, I've had to bail him out many times and pay his rent and patch him up with 500 here and there.....now I don't mind helping but i also tried to give him advice abt how to get out of that mess...move out from that expensive area, sell your Rolex's (he has two) give back the Z4.....he's done none of if....and was gona pay me back 1000 every two months this year to get even. So far 750 in 5 months

Have you guys any advice on best way to approach this without ruining the friendship, I don't need the cash, but the principle behind it is that he pays me back for putting my wallet out there when no one would and saving his ass.

You sound like a good friend.
What a dick, owns several rolexs and continues to live beyond his means while pretending he doesn't owe you anything. Hopefully Arce gets his shit together.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2014, 01:42:01 AM »
i had a friend who did something stupid and owed a large sum of money to people you dont want to owe money to.

he had 24 hours to come up w 48k. i was at the meet. it wasnt pretty.

i sold a harley i had 38k into for a fractional amount to cover what he was short.

he didnt pay me back for 2 years. finally i said, yo its time.

he paid me back and never spoke to me again.

i was the bad guy, can you believe that?

fuck him, and fuck friends like him.

they'll take and take and take, and you'll bail them out and bail them out and bail them out, but when it comes time to come correct, you'll always be the asshole.

so, best case scenario, be prepared to be the asshole who gets paid back and loses a 'friend'. and honestly brother, after this cut your losses that friendship. your not a friend, your an ATM and a get out of jail free/ support network for his fuck ups.

you did a good thing
T

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2014, 01:59:18 AM »
Here's the Rolex Date Just II, I took from him, will be going later to his house to fulfil other plans and pick up the box and paper work. So all in all I pretty much got a good chunk of my money back as this watch retails new between 6 and 7k.

Will be moving him out from his flat in Knightsbridge and he will move in with another friend near canary wharf with an on-suite, sell his other rolex and many of his unwanted items like mint condition burberry coats, Ermenegildo Zegna suits...etc on ebay , his car will be rented by some Arabs I know who come over in June from Kuwait til august (need to speak to them first) and a few other adjustments.

It was like an angry father to naughty son sort of pep talk, but i've known the guy since I was 11 yrs old, he used to earn a lot of money but now earns half....this still means he's on a 6 figure salary so no excuse, just need to be responsible and adjust.
S

Skorp1o

• Getbig V
He just whatsapped me (probably drunk) saying he wants his watch back and that he'll revert to our old agreement of 1k a month  ;D

I sold it this afternoon  :D
S

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2014, 01:37:55 PM »

Pretty cool she can flash gang signs with her feet.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
I loaned a friend $400 and he never paid me back. Have not talked to him in years. Thats not the reason why. But it was still dick of him to do.
X

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
I loaned a friend $400 and he never paid me back. Have not talked to him in years. Thats not the reason why. But it was still dick of him to do.

I've loaned money out to friends... If I don't get it back after a certain amount of time, then I just cut them off... if my friendship is only worth a couple of hundred bucks or whatever, then I pretty much consider it money well worth spending to get rid of a bad friend.

Lustral

• Getbig V
  • FREE NOODLES
My top 5 of dumbest decisions ever is heavily populated by "lending" money to deadbeats. One guy I gave €6k to paid pack just over €1k before getting busted stealing jewellery (€14k worth by burrowing through a wall of a jeweller with a drill). He's in jail still, going to beat shit out of him if I ever see him again.

If it's a small amount it generally evens out over time. Mate owed me for paying for a hotel room for him and some slut from 7 or 8 years ago. Was out with him a few months back and he more than covered it.

Lesson learned.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
skorpio's skin showing signs of fighting a viral infection
A

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
I've loaned money out to friends... If I don't get it back after a certain amount of time, then I just cut them off... if my friendship is only worth a couple of hundred bucks or whatever, then I pretty much consider it money well worth spending to get rid of a bad friend.

Agreed. Perhaps that is the reason why I stopped talking to him. That, or I got sick and tired of all his lies.
X

A Righteous Sort

• Getbig III
  • Magnificent looks, superior memory
« Reply #49 on: May 04, 2014, 03:36:01 PM »
Pretty cool she can flash gang signs with her feet.

;D you made a funny!