Author Topic: TRT style dosage  (Read 6535 times)

the trainer

TRT style dosage
« on: May 04, 2014, 11:15:01 AM »
So a 40 year old client of mine is going on TRT but the doctor only wants to give him 250mg every two weeks saying thats more than enough, I am telling him to inject an extra 250mg every other week, has any one every gotten any size off 250mg every two weeks that almost like training natural.

Simple Simon

Re: TRT style dosage
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 11:16:42 AM »
So a 40 year old client of mine is going on TRT but the doctor only wants to give him 250mg every two weeks saying thats more than enough, I am telling him to inject an extra 250mg every other week, has any one every gotten any size off 250mg every two weeks that almost like training natural.
I cruise on 250mgs every week to ten days and Im 220 and around 10%BF
250mgs a week is night and day to taking nothing.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 11:20:25 AM »
You dont seem to understand the point of TRT. Its to bring your test levels back to that of normal human male, ages 18-30.

250 eow is what im prescribed.  I had 2 different docs write me a script so I take 250EW... but the doc isnt trying to build your client muscle,  hes trying to make him feel young again.

That said, I see no reason to not double it. But that's just me.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 11:26:40 AM »

It depends on how low his test levels were. I have a 66 year old client who is on the same the dose, every two weeks. Before he got on he was below 100 now it's normal.

the trainer

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 12:24:18 PM »
It depends on how low his test levels were. I have a 66 year old client who is on the same the dose, every two weeks. Before he got on he was below 100 now it's normal.

250mg every two weeks is enough for him to feel young again but I am wondering if he can build any muscle off that.

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2014, 12:48:45 PM »
That is a typical dose, although I prefer weekly shots.
Adding more will likely increase free Test and with that the negative sides. Plenty of muscle can be
built on that dosage along with burning body fat, its important to keep hematocrit, estrogen etc... in check, so keep dosage as low as possible.
Hope this helps.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2014, 01:36:43 PM »
250mg every two weeks is enough for him to feel young again but I am wondering if he can build any muscle off that.

I take the same dose as well. I maintain just fine an not really interested in building anymore. You can still rely on training and a good diet to add mass. Are you going to get off of it, no but you're client will be happy and you'll look like a hero.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2014, 02:15:25 PM »
You dont seem to understand the point of TRT. Its to bring your test levels back to that of normal human male, ages 18-30.

250 eow is what im prescribed.  I had 2 different docs write me a script so I take 250EW... but the doc isnt trying to build your client muscle,  hes trying to make him feel young again.

That said, I see no reason to not double it. But that's just me.

Why does a doctor write out a testosterone prescription for a 40 year old? Is his symptom that he feels old?

Simple Simon

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2014, 02:26:50 PM »
Why does a doctor write out a testosterone prescription for a 40 year old? Is his symptom that he feels old?

Low test levels, just a hunch.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2014, 02:30:13 PM »
Six grams a week is the sweet spot.

the trainer

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 03:39:31 PM »

Doctors will write most things for you if you pay them.

vascsurgeon

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 04:39:31 PM »

Wow, that was a very ignorant statement.  :(

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 04:41:25 PM »

That's bullshit.

the trainer

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2014, 04:44:28 PM »
Wow, that was a very ignorant statement.  :(

How is it ignorant its true there are plenty of shady doctors around willing to write you a prescription for anything.

A Righteous Sort

• Getbig III
  • Magnificent looks, superior memory
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2014, 05:35:42 PM »
That's bullshit.

Not really

You just go to an 'age rejuvenation' clinic

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2014, 05:45:34 PM »
TRT is 250mg or less every 14 days, if your on 250mg a week its not TRT, your just juicing maybe not heavy, but I don't think you can refer to it as TRT, in other words stop kidding yourself your either on or your not. As a former user of TRT for a few years, I can tell you, theres a huge difference between nothing and TRT, I do nothing now as my ideology towards hormones and ageing has changed, but i do miss it and will continue to.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2014, 11:47:22 PM »
Low test levels?

Does a doctor think that a 40 year old should have the test level of a 20-30 year old ??? Or does he has abnormally low levels affecting his health?

I have no idea how they do it in the US but it seems pretty easy getting a lot of heavy stuff from the doctor over there.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2014, 12:59:09 AM »
TRT is 250mg or less every 14 days, if your on 250mg a week its not TRT, your just juicing maybe not heavy, but I don't think you can refer to it as TRT, in other words stop kidding yourself your either on or your not. As a former user of TRT for a few years, I can tell you, theres a huge difference between nothing and TRT, I do nothing now as my ideology towards hormones and ageing has changed, but i do miss it and will continue to.

have your test levels recovered
T

Kig Tropin

• Getbig I
  • legit
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2014, 02:51:23 AM »
I do nothing now as my ideology towards hormones and ageing has changed, but i do miss it and will continue to.

Maybe that helps:

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2014, 03:18:18 AM »
i used to grow fine on 250mg eow...muscle building.. solid gains built on solid work..

normal test levels are between 10 and 35 mmol/L of blood, depending on age, background etc..and in older males its as low as 8 mmol/L.

sustanon 250 gives about 60mmol for the first few days, then declines to about 10mmol after 3 weeks.

since you can build muscle on 20nmol or less, but generally about 30nmol, for sound gains (not amazing, but at least noticable), then you can maintain between 30 and 80 mmol by taking 1 cc every 10-14 days.

reandron is actually a better longer term test, as one 4cc shot every 10 weeks puts you right in the 15-35nmol range for the whole time.

a shot of reandron every 5 weeks would be equivalent to 1 sus250 every week. But reandron is delivered slower but sustained longer.

you can also take it year round if u like, but probably only every 8 weeks if u dont want to shut down forever. if you've already shut down, no reason why you cant take a shot every 5-6weeks and be cruising on an average of 50nmol/L all day every day.

FWIW 1cc of prop 100 every other day will have you sitting in the 200-250 nmol range.

3cc of test cyp or enanthate 200 mg every week puts you 300-400nmol range.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2014, 08:46:51 AM »
I take the same dose as well. I maintain just fine an not really interested in building anymore. You can still rely on training and a good diet to add mass. Are you going to get off of it, no but you're client will be happy and you'll look like a hero.

How much gh do you take with test?

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2014, 11:19:50 AM »
Low test levels?

Does a doctor think that a 40 year old should have the test level of a 20-30 year old ??? Or does he has abnormally low levels affecting his health?

I have no idea how they do it in the US but it seems pretty easy getting a lot of heavy stuff from the doctor over there.

well, if a 40yr old man tears his ACL or Achilles, does the doctor say? "well, that's natural.. you're not an athlete so you won't need it anyway. we're not gonna do surgery and fix it.. deal with it" ?

doesn't matter if the guy is 25, 45 or 65, low testosterone affects quality of life, and it's treatable.. why wouldn't you treat it?

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2014, 11:29:13 AM »
It's disgusting that it's up to the doctor to tell the patient what is the "ideal" testosterone and whether his testosterone levels are "normal" or not. Test shouldn't be controlled or even prescribed substance and it's my fucking business what amount of testosterone I choose to have in my body.

Alpine

• Getbig III
  • That which does not kill us makes us stronger.
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2014, 11:30:07 AM »

Hey dipshit, how about you dont fuck up your clients TRT program. The whole point is to find a HEALTHY range that keeps him optimal. 500mg/week is not anywhere near natural range. At least while he's getting started and his doc is adjusting things, don't interfere.  250mg is a good dose, a lot of docs do much lower and work their way up to the lowest dose that reaches an "optimal" range based on repeated blood work.  You do realize his doctor will know something is not right if his serum levels came back much higher than 250mg can produce, right? You're just going to get your client dropped by the HRT clinic/doc and/or chastised.

You should get half a fucking brain and advise your "client" to get his TRT program started, focus on diet and training within the "optimal" natural range created by the recommended TRT. Let him get used to that and also COMPLY WITH HIS FUCKING DOCTOR for a few months. Otherwise his doc will never really nail down his optimal dose correctly. After 4-5 months, he can blast 500mg/wk or something for 8-12 weeks but he needs to be informed of all the ramifications. By then, they should have dialed him in and wont be taking his blood often. For being a trainer, you post horribly stupid shit all over this forum. Keep up the good work, meathead.

You're a trainer to average joes. Not a guru or a gear pusher. Start representing your profession a little better.