Author Topic: New Kevin Levrone interview!  (Read 10030 times)

yendor1152

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
New Kevin Levrone interview!
« on: January 23, 2006, 12:05:20 PM »
I just finished up an interview with superstar Kevin Levrone, and when I say it proved an enlightening experience, that's no understatement! 

Kevin and I originally connected last July, when he was filming Backlash. Our interview was done over the phone, in four sessions--and we just did all the updating this past Saturday. What we ended up with is something quite a bit different from the usual Bodybuilding "how much do you bench" bullshit. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's the BEST interview Kevin's ever done, and I'm sure he'd agree.

Now, where to place it? MuscleMag just ran a cover story on him, as did Flex a few months back. I have absolutely no connections with MD, but I think this would be the perfect way to break into their ranks. Any suggestions, guys?

Thanks - Rod Labbe

;D 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: New Kevin Levrone interview!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 12:10:30 PM »
copy and paste it here
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 12:15:03 PM »
check your email

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 12:27:13 PM »
Are his movies going straight to email now?  Wow. Technology never ceases to amaze me.
haha!
bodybuildersreality.com

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 12:32:56 PM »
I just finished up an interview with superstar Kevin Levrone, and when I say it proved an enlightening experience, that's no understatement! 

Kevin and I originally connected last July, when he was filming Backlash. Our interview was done over the phone, in four sessions--and we just did all the updating this past Saturday. What we ended up with is something quite a bit different from the usual Bodybuilding "how much do you bench" bullshit. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's the BEST interview Kevin's ever done, and I'm sure he'd agree.

Now, where to place it? MuscleMag just ran a cover story on him, as did Flex a few months back. I have absolutely no connections with MD, but I think this would be the perfect way to break into their ranks. Any suggestions, guys?

Thanks - Rod Labbe

;D 

It all depends on the material. MD have been focusing on more attitude, and less good writing. This may be because they want to include articles written by actual bodybuilders, and not ghostwriters all over the place like FLEX.  8)

It takes away a lot though. Cause a mag who has a talented pen like Shawn Perine on its staff, it will always have some kind of quality, no matter how much corrupt shit and general BS the mag is involved in.

Musclemag and FLEX has the best feature articles and interviews, no doubt. It's not even debatable IMO. MD has its strength in the R&D section, and how hard they work to get the pros involved in the creative process. Without that, they would suck.

Rod, maybe you can fill a void over at MD. Remember to check with Kevin if he have any portfolio pics that can be used if you are gonna mention his current career any. And some kind of current pic would be useful, I'm sure you've thought of this already though.

Remember, you can always get the interview syndicated to several countries too. Just start get the shit published IMO.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 12:57:28 PM »
why not call up the administrative offices of MD and see if you can get them to review your article and if they like it to print it?

Cara from MD posts here all the time, just call and ask for her.

yendor1152

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 01:03:34 PM »
Thanks for the legit suggestions, guys. MD is my first choice, since the interview's lengthy. MuscleMag has a word count specification now--2500 words--and this is something like 5,550, I kid you not. I think you'd all be surprised at Kevin's candor. What started out as a "typical" Bodybuilding interview turned into something much more intense.

Kevin himself mentioned MD, that they'd never done much on him. However, I have absolutely ZIP connections with that magazine. I was given Gregg Valentino's e-mail a few months ago, messaged him, and never received a reply. That's the only connection I have, unfortunately. So who's Cara?

I won't be posting the interview to any board or e-zine. This is definitely newsstand material.

Incidentally, I just sold a big two-part interview with Larry Scott for IronMan, tentatively scheduled for the May ish. It's the fourth time I've worked with Larry!

Rod ;D

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 01:05:35 PM »
paste the damn article here!!!

yendor1152

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 01:26:21 PM »
Sorry, but I'm not gonna post the interview here! I want to SELL it, not give my work away for free. After it's been printed, that'll be different.
Until then, I want to get the thing into Muscular Development.

Rod ;D

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2006, 01:53:20 PM »
I really couldn't give two fucks.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2006, 02:16:57 PM »
May I suggest that the next time you're going to interview someone, that you pick KLAUS DORING? It's been a while since we've read a lengthy interview with him.

Thanks in advance
Z

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2006, 02:32:46 PM »
why wouldn't you post a small portion of the article as a teaser if it's that good?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2006, 02:35:11 PM »
The excerpt is as follows...

"Levrone slowly removed his fireman's outfit after a long day at work.   He noticed his hose partner "Rod" looked tense, so he approached him for a back rub.  Little did he know Rod was ready..."

Hope you enjoyed the teaser. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2006, 03:16:46 PM »
I can get you Klaus Doring's ph number if you like... ;D

:o
Z

Cool Black Clyde

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2006, 03:24:27 PM »
How convenient to say an interview you did is Leverone's "BEST" ever.   ::)   Somehow I find that hard to believe.  Not too modest, huh?  Being familiar with your interviews, I would say GAYEST ever, for sure.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2006, 03:43:41 PM »
I think everybody already knows about his personal life from his others interviews. You shoulda asked him for his best lifts, routines, measurements and then ask him to prove it to you.  :)
just push some weight!

yendor1152

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2006, 04:36:31 PM »
Whoa. You guys make me laugh!

Rod ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2006, 05:33:04 PM »
...it's not rocket science...just whois his old domain name...it's right in front of your face.

whatis whois? 

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 05:37:19 PM »
...it's not rocket science...just whois his old domain name...it's right in front of your face.

you can always hide your info genius  ::)
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2006, 06:51:29 PM »
I already checked dingdong. Did you really think Klaus Doring is computer savvy enough to get that option?
heh you make a good point!  :)
just push some weight!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2006, 07:06:32 PM »
just push some weight!

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2006, 07:17:13 PM »
Sorry, but I'm not gonna post the interview here! I want to SELL it, not give my work away for free. After it's been printed, that'll be different.
Until then, I want to get the thing into Muscular Development.

Rod ;D

Call MD yourself. If you believe you have a great product...don't be shy about. Go for it!!
JM

yendor1152

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2006, 07:38:14 PM »
Thanks, Jimmy, I will!  I'll let you know how things turn out.

Rod ;D

JMentis

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2006, 07:39:45 PM »
Thanks, Jimmy, I will!  I'll let you know how things turn out.

Rod ;D

Awesome!! Good Luck!!
JM

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2019, 02:16:25 AM »
Where the fuck is the interview?