Author Topic: Let's Hear from the Gym Owners out there!  (Read 5786 times)

Drommer Stor

• Getbig II
Let's Hear from the Gym Owners out there!
« on: January 23, 2006, 12:08:54 PM »

What I would love to hear is any comments etc from gym owners... on customer service, dealing with the public, personal training, how you got started (do you still own or gym, or if you got out of it why?)... especially funny stuff...    ;D  I guess that some days it could be the most rewarding profession in the world, other days the toughest.  I am sure you all have stories.  Different types of members, best thing that ever happened to you - worst thing... 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Let's Hear from the Gym Owners out there!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 12:12:32 PM »
Vic Martinez probably has a few funny stories to share about the many ways he spent his membership fees.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 12:52:38 PM »
We had this member complain once about dust on the 185lb dumbbells... he was a student (about 160lbs himself).  There was no way in hell he could even lift them off the rack let alone press them.  Then he started telling me I should be cleaning more (as he'd never seen me cleaning - hello!?!@)... yet our gym is spotless... and no, there's no dust on those dumbbells by the way.  He stood there dripping sweat on the ground, stinking... I'm like thinking what the heck???  Who is this guy???   ::)

Then the most stupid thing (of course as I knew it was not about to end there)... he puts the velcro strap round his ankle to do abductor exercises on the cable stack  ???.  But wait there's more... with the whole stack, so of course there's no way the velcro is going to hold that much weight.  So he says I have to fix it.  Only chicks in our gym do that exercise with lighter weight, I told him to do some lying leg curls (as he was also trying to do standing leg curls with it) instead... had to keep my patience...
haha good story....what was great.....one time an all ladies gym shutdown on them...with no notice i might add. they all came up to my gym (where i work not own) expecting me to do something...then telling my boss that i told them things that i didnt such as guranteed free memberships.....these are seniour women too! god i hated every minute of it.
bodybuildersreality.com

hangclean

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 01:09:37 PM »
One time the gym I go to sold to someone who never owmned or even trained at a gym before.  The first thing the guy did was paint some of the plates to make them look new.  I never figured that one out.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 01:13:39 PM »
We had this member complain once about dust on the 185lb dumbbells... he was a student (about 160lbs himself).  There was no way in hell he could even lift them off the rack let alone press them.  Then he started telling me I should be cleaning more (as he'd never seen me cleaning - hello!?!@)... yet our gym is spotless... and no, there's no dust on those dumbbells by the way.  He stood there dripping sweat on the ground, stinking... I'm like thinking what the heck???  Who is this guy???   ::)

Then the most stupid thing (of course as I knew it was not about to end there)... he puts the velcro strap round his ankle to do abductor exercises on the cable stack  ???.  But wait there's more... with the whole stack, so of course there's no way the velcro is going to hold that much weight.  So he says I have to fix it.  Only chicks in our gym do that exercise with lighter weight, I told him to do some lying leg curls (as he was also trying to do standing leg curls with it) instead... had to keep my patience...
i'd have handed his little fag.got ass his membership right there, you can't even imagine what George Turner would have said to him.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 01:25:40 PM »
hahaha you wouldn't think a gym gets people like that....its a very easy thing....you workout and go all day samething just different people. but no....idiots will come in.
bodybuildersreality.com

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2006, 01:32:13 PM »
that post was very graphic...... :-X  :-X
bodybuildersreality.com

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2006, 01:33:17 PM »
hahahaha, there is this old guy probably 75 years old who comes to my gym, 6'1' maybe 150lbs. wears an Atlanta Hawks basketball jersey, tiny basketball shorts, a headband, Chuck Taylors and has hair so long on his back that you could literally comb it and he sweats worse than anyone i've ever seen.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2006, 01:43:02 PM »
Okay here's another one...

this women rings up... says her gym doesn't make her feel comfortable anymore cos once she joined it was like they didn't want to be her friend anymore... 

HAHAHHAHAHAHA
bodybuildersreality.com

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2006, 08:20:09 AM »
When I was younger I went to a gym that changed hands to a cop...!???  The first thing he did was take all the weight off the stacks because get this... HE DIDN'T WANT ANY BODYBUILDERS TRAINING THERE. 

Apparently BBers in his mind were:

a)   all broke and never spent any money
b)   used the equipment too much
c)   intimidated the other members
d)   weren't "approachable" and friendly enough
e)   their cars leaked oil in the carpark
f)    they were too noisy
g)   didn't mix well - only talked to other BBers
h)   never took part in group aerobic classes
i)    always wore ripped clothes
j)   sweated too much
k)   didn't attend social gym evenings
l)   farted noisly while training

... incidentally his m/ship dropped off heaps so he ended up replacing all the weights back up again.  And the question is - did he train?  was he big?  NO to both.
hahahaha, "gym social meetings"?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 12:08:12 AM »
hahahaha, "gym social meetings"?

What the fu.ck is a "gym social meeting", Mirzy?

Like a support group for gym sluts?   ???

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 01:44:32 PM »
but you kinda liked it didn't you?   ;)

you have no idea what I deal with... 

I think it was lock the managers door for an hour day ;D
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2006, 01:53:45 PM »
Excellent post to start.  I'm in the Navy and I've gotten into BBing about a year and a half ago.  Now I'd like to start my own gym when I get out.  How much capital do you need to start?  How long after opening is average or good to start turning a profit?  Where are good resources to learn the ins and out of starting a fitness club?  These are just for starters cause I've got so many questions and hoping you all can help.  Thanks

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 10:24:05 PM »
Yeah it's a hang out evening where all the losers with no life get together and tell each other how impressive they are... ::) 

Do you have women that come to your gym for the sole purpose of picking up guys or being a "gym tease" so to speak?

They usually come in with the 5pm crowd.

Speak on this....

I know you've got stories.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...